Pet training

In the beginning when i had a pet, i gave him some food and tried to make sure he wouldn't die. But i only got a little stripe in the xp bar after a few days, so how is it possible to get it to level 49/50??? And, do you get more c back for a lvled up pet than what you spent on pet treatz? When your pet dies because of something like spikes or fire, or when you dont feed him, will he lose his xp and go back to level 0?
Lol i feel like a noob again!

Comments

• CortanaCortana UnknownMember, Retired Moderator
    Pets do not lose any XP upon death, the only way to lose XP is if you break the kennel while the pet is out. Pets do not gain XP if you don't feed it nor if you feed it and do nothing. To level up your pet simply feed it one pet treat and go mine or build, periodically check if your pet isn't hungry and feed it again, if it is.
  • elemental godelemental god The netherlandsMember
    Well if you want your pet from lvl 49 to 50 just give it a pet treat and break around 20 blocks, the last level is so easy because you lose a level when you die once its lvl 50 (ONLY at lvl 50, so if it was lvl 50 did go to lvl 49 it cant go even lower)
  • StevilStevil Member
    Thanks for the info! But theres one other thing i'd like to know: how much c do you spend on pet treadz to level up your pet, or does that depend on which pet it is?
  • pysinopysino WA Australia Member
    I spent about.. 100 pet treats for lvl 50
    That depends on how much much time you spend with each pet treat and which way you use to level it up, but lets say around 100 pet treats
  • That depends on how much much time you spend with each pet treat and which way you use to level it up, but lets say around 100 pet treats

I spend about 20...

• StevilStevil Member
    So...that means I should level up my pet a half level with 1 treat. Well, I just did it with 4 treatz. is there any way to do it faster and more effective? Any hints, tricks?
  • Stevil said:

So...that means I should level up my pet a half level with 1 treat. Well, I just did it with 4 treatz. is there any way to do it faster and more effective? Any hints, tricks?

there is.
    Slowest: mining
    Medium: Building
    Fastest: Building half items.

• StevilStevil Member

Stevil said:

there is.

im doing the half items now, and its going much faster! (+-1 lvl per treat)
    Does your pet get xp fom crafting too?
    Stevil said:

Stevil said:

there is.

Yeah it does but i wouldnt recomment it since you need hours of crafying for a level (it goes extremely slow)
  • StevilStevil Member

Stevil said:

Stevil said:

there is.

Yeah it does but i wouldnt recomment it since you need hours of crafying for a level (it goes extremely slow)
    True...