What do you consider the MAIN features of Cubic to be?

SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer
Cubic has a lot of features. Clans, building, social, in-game-economy, farming, mines, overworlds, environments, parkour and game elements, player levels/perks, etc... Just curious what players here feel are the MOST important features of the game for them. If you had to pick 3-5 elements of Cubic you couldn't live without which features would you say were most important?

Comments

• 1. Game elements
    2. Building
    3. Mines
    4. in-game-economy
    5. Social

Those are my top five, with Game Elements being the top. Specifically, NPCs (for adventure building) and the fun little things like sports and qbee bombs for games.
  • SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer
    Thanks.. Already interesting!
  • 1. Game Economy
    2. Trading
    3. Community
    4. Creativity ( Building // Mining // Doing what you imagine )
    5. Parkour
  • SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer
    If the game had no economy or trading would you still play for 3,4,5? or is the game primarily about trying to grow your wealth/collection through trading? Like.. is the economy important because the game uses cubits to buy stuff etc... or is the trading fun in and of itself for you?
  • 1. Social
    2. Building
    3. Seeing other’s creations and fun things
    4. Trading
    5. Game events
  • If the game had no economy or trading would you still play for 3,4,5? or is the game primarily about trying to grow your wealth/collection through trading? Like.. is the economy important because the game uses cubits to buy stuff etc... or is the trading fun in and of itself for you?

Many people trade for fun, but there is also a necessity in trading since you can’t do much if you only have 300c; you can’t buy a bigger realm to make cool parkours or scenic realms, and you have to grind hard if you want to get enough building materials for a nice build.
  • MEEPYZ said:

1. Social
    2. Building
    3. Seeing other’s creations and fun things
    4. Trading
    5. Game events

agreed, adding mining and crafting though
  • CubicCubic Member
    edited February 2023

If the game had no economy or trading would you still play for 3,4,5? or is the game primarily about trying to grow your wealth/collection through trading? Like.. is the economy important because the game uses cubits to buy stuff etc... or is the trading fun in and of itself for you?

I think a lot of people play for the economy and is part of what makes the game unique.

1. Building
    2. Mining & Crafting
    3. Game Economy
    4. Events & Minigames
    5. Social
    They are the main ones imo
  • 1) In-game-economy
    2) Social
    3) Building
    4) Events
    5) Player perks/Levels

Economy, social, and building are self explanatory. Most players like to feel a sense of progression when playing games, and the economy helps with that by motivating one to grow their wealth. Social allows you to experience “trust” and differentiate the good and bad apples. It connects people but also does the opposite. It sucks to get scammed but when you find someone trustworthy, you find yourself gaining a lifelong virtual friend. Building involves creativity and you see many players excel with that. So much so they would win multiple building competitions yearly. It ties together many elements of the games and gives you a sense of accomplishment when someone compliments your build.

Player perks are good QoL. Many of the perks are essential if you want to have a good time playing this game. i.e perks like 10% store discount and +75% mining speed. Levels are also a good gauge for progression, but i can see how tedious it is to grind exp. As much as it would be nice for there to be a level cap increase, it would also suck to have to grind exp again.

Events are basically content for the game. New clothes, blocks, decorations, etc.

• If the game had no economy or trading would you still play for 3,4,5? or is the game primarily about trying to grow your wealth/collection through trading? Like.. is the economy important because the game uses cubits to buy stuff etc... or is the trading fun in and of itself for you?

Yes. I only participate in the economy so that I can get cubits to build with (Or really do anything at all, there's almost nothing to do without cubits)
    What I like best about this game (int order):
    1. Player Events/Creations
    2. Building
    3. Clans
    4. Official Events
    5. Perks
    Why:
    1. Player events and builds ARE the game. If nothing was built, such as stores, parkours, puzzles, scenic, etc, etc there would be no game. A good game is powered by its players, who get their fuel from the developers.
    2. Building is fun, but funding.... not
    3. Clans are a great part of Cubic because of the style of game. Cubic is a MMO. MMOs need a good community. No community, no game.
    4. Official Events are great because although (at least for all the ones so far) they are quite grinding, the reward is good. Official Events bring offline players online, which is why I'd love to see a truly multiplayer event.
    5. I just love perks because they make me feel cool :). I love to have the satisfaction of leveling up and picking what power I want. Do I want a chance to multi-craft? Perhaps a chance at a free holla. Fun.

I do have a question for you, @SirKewberth. What is your opinion on the whole overworld controversy. I love to know.

But thats my opinion on the game so far. I love it, so keep up the good work!
  • many things.............. BUILDING, community, a list of Things, i'll go ahead and breakdown (a list of my favorite things)

A: BUILDING --- it's fun to have a sense of progression, but im at a depressing spot right now, a point where i can't seem to, because i can't find a good replacement for the checker stone roof, and i don't want to use STONE CAPS

B: COMMUNITY --- it's Fun to play with kids and stuff, but more so to have a good community, where you can give your clan followers a sense of direction, say in The Clan Castle, a place where they can meet up and discuss true tactics, say for helping The King, but it's also fun to do not-good stuff, like getting away with a good SCAM, although that can sink your reputation in jail (if you are just not careful enough)

C: EVENTS --- finally the best 1 on the list, nothing better than waking up to an event, a big sign that says ("Today Is Going To Be A Good Day"), and winning some prizes, to show off say, well, oh i don't know, maybe next to a Work Table, although the last event left a bunch of turkey trash all over my field lol :( :(

--- does anyone know if the turkey trash destroyed any of our FLOWERS, or grass, or other place-ables?? Sir K., do you know the mechanics behind it, the Last Event?
    this is just a quick run-down of MY most favorite Things to do, hope you all enjoyed :D
  • 1) Social - That is pretty much what has kept this game alive is the social aspect/community.
    2) In-game Economy - I think this aspect of the game is what is also keeping the game alive, the fact people can build their wealth/collections of rare items and blocks.
    3) Building/Crafting/Mining - I think another aspect that is helping is the fact that its pretty much a free space to be as creative as you want in your own realms. Creating the most abstract and amazing builds I have seen since I started.
    4) Events - I think events, like the Bunnyzilla and just normal prizes events that Space_Fetus has made also kept it exciting. I think this is an important feature, but its been lacking severely, which is why I am mentioning it, so we can focus more on that as wel.
    4) Clans - I think clans should also be an important feature. Maybe, like in the old days, we had some kind of "clan wars" where we fought for who was the best clans. Think that also made people interested in the aspect of clans.

@SirKewberth Yes, I would still play, but definitely not as much. When I log on to Cubic Castles in the morning, the first things I do are check my shop and Pen’s, seeing if anything sold and to just check in with players.

If there was no cubits // economy, the game would be very different in my opinion, everything in CC is based of economy if you really think about it. For example, you’re building a parkour, the resources and realm aren’t free, and you need cubits to purchase them. In order to get cubits, you either need to start out by mining and then working your way to the trading phase, or buying cubits.

I love the trading aspect of the game and think is very important, this is why pack items ( Over a certain amount of C ) should never return because it can really ruin it for someone if the items take a huge drop. ( Eg. Unicorn & Dino Sets ). By not re-using pack items, it helps the economy by creating rising rates which you can count on to usually not lose tons of cubits. I love trading and working with myself to profit and eventually reach a very rich standpoint, which unlocks the “Anything” aspect of the game.

I also love the Cubic Castles community and enjoy the open chat features which allow you to really connect with certain players which some games you just don’t have.

I appreciate all you guys do at CosmicCow and hope that I can play this game for many years to come.

Yes, I would play!
  • UU Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    If we are being honest the entire game is based around the economy currently. Yes, it may not of originally been intended that way but it has turned into that.
  • 1. Game elements. Cubic Pencil nailed that one.
    2. Building & Crafting. I had my husband build me a local cc (drill down) crafting app because how much I enjoy it. Mining resources doesn't bother me.
    3. Community. Chatting and helping is fun. I have met some awesome qbees.
    4. Economy. I would have to agree with others that the community is built on it. I don't necessarily enjoy or like where it currently stands, but c is needed. I do miss being able to find shops outside of hollas. Shop hopping was fun :D
    5. Events. Yall do an awesome job with them. Even if I complain sometimes about kids being.... Kids. :)

These are the reasons I play CC and not minecraft.
  • 1. Economy
    2. Community
    3. Building / Crafting

- The only real way to move up the "ladder" is via trading and the main source to get cubits, which is what is basically used to get anything in the game (packs, exclusive items from the past, etc). Everyone focuses on selling/buying to be able to gain cubits to buy their favorite stuff, and is also the reason why I would play 8h a day.
    - You see the same people everyday and visit the same realms from time to time. It's the sense of familiarity that makes the game so good and welcoming; the community is much larger now yet feels so close and united.
    - I love building. The unique blocks, usage of decoration and incorporating it into a build is what makes the game so much fun. You're constantly trying to find new blocks, purchasing them and trying to find a way to build. It's another reason as to why I'd spend 8h online.
  • - Economy
    - Mines
    - Events
  • - Trading
    - Building
    - Game Events (Parkours, Contests, and more)
    - Social
    - Mining (If there are more mining events)

These are some sort of things that I personally think, the main reason why I am still playing this game and I will play this game forever, due to fun activities, and events of the amount of rewards that players can earn from it. Players are mainly nice, if you are nice towards them, but, sometimes not as well, due to alot of scamming recently. (well as of now, I only see 1 person trying to scam people). For me, Building is more interesting thing about this game. Mining is kinda a meh for me because I am lazy lol, But, It was honestly fun when there was a monster mash mining hunting. As of now, I am really glad that I've been playing this game for so long, I am like growing up with this game, and I would love to see more updates, more player levels, more game events. That's all, thank you for the great game ever.
  • Mini DaniMini Dani Member
    edited January 2023
    1. Building
    2. Social
    3. In-game-economy
    4. Game Elements
    5. In-game-events

(1) It is the funniest thing for me.
    (2) I think the most important feature of a game like Cubic Castles is the community that makes it up.
    (3) the economy is quite important to everything.
    (4) this games with out game elements would be boring, what would we do when we played?
    (5) this makes the game less monotonous.
  • 1. In game economy
    2. Trading
    3. Building
    4. Events
    5. Parkour
    (1) If the game had no economy i would quit . I would like to see cc have an official prices realm updates by a certain someone trusted
    (2) Can't live without this
    (3)Interesting building with my friends co-op building
    (4) The events have been pretty nice until now I liked mostly of them
    (5) When I get bored I usually go find a hard parkour with my friends and try to complete it so yeah good feature
  • - Building
    I think building makes up the main function of the game. When I think Cubic Castles, I think BUILDING game. On CC, one of my favorite things to do is build. Tons of CC players are also builders.

- Social
    One of the reasons I still play CC instead of just going to another game like Minecraft is because on CC I can just teleport and socialize with friends any time I want. On other games, it gets boring when I can't talk to others. It's not the same.

- Economy
    When I get bored of building sometimes, I don't get bored of CC, because I can involve myself in the game's economy. Personally I am not very good at marketing, but I know multiple friends who are involved and it too - makes a very large part of the game.
  • Economy
    Social
    In game events
    Crafting
    New Ways to Grind, like once you completed a stage u can go further and further, New paths and etc something that wants to make u to keep going further till the end, till another update to either reset and make new things or add on many things
  • In order;

Social
    Building (includes environment and door stamps etc.)
    Levels & Perks
    Economy only because it makes me get hold of building blocks easier

Social
    The only reason I'm ranking social above building is because I probably wouldn't be so invested in the building aspect if this game were singleplayer. discussing and/or showing off builds to each other (motivating and inspiring each other etc.) is a huge deal to me beyond words can describe :P.

Building
    I've played a few other building games and while they offer more advanced tools to the player, cubic castles easily takes the cake still. The game's building is easy to get into yet has a surprisingly high ceiling. This has to do with the countless decos we have and more importantly (though a biased opinion) sculpty. Even if I've talked about how the block choices (by block here I mean cube shaped blocks specifically) we have are on the lower side, the decos and sculpty are making up for it.

Levels & Perks
    I may be in the minority who ranks levels & perks this high above the other aspects in the game but what can I say :P I just like reaching a high level in the games I like, heh.
  • Over the years it has changed. CC for me used to be focused on the more social aspects - getting involved with a clan and what they can bring inside and outside of the game:
    1. Clans / Community
    2. Economy & Trading
    3. In-Game Events (Official & Community-Run)

Now, the features and order are more like this:
    1. In-Game Events - Not the grind or periodic events, e.g. BunnyZilla or egg hunt. I always log in to complete the time-bound Official Events that Space built and ran. It's nice to be in a realm with lots (or more than a few) other players to complete an event and not trading for cubits. If this could be brought in a smaller scale, for example, a daily quest to complete [x] parkour for 50c, I'd probably log in more regularly to complete it.
    2. Exploring Player Builds - Scrolling through the CC Community Discord's Builders Showcase shows a tiny part of CC creativity. If there was a way for players to find and visit this outside of screenshots on the forum or discord, there might be a better incentive for people to create realms with custom textures and NPCs. I'd explore and complete more player-made creations.
    3. Economy - Can't live in CC without this. It's too engrained into the game now and I wouldn't have any cubits otherwise. I don't have any suggestions to move the game's focus away from trying to make lots of cubits

I wonder if improving the social aspects in CC, including reworking clans and the friend system, will help drive in-game events and move the focus away from the economy.
  • LeciriusLecirius Member
    edited February 2023

Many people think that cubic is just trading, because when you enter the game you see people buying or selling things, I see it on the one hand, but there are really people who only do that and when they interact with people who aren't or just see that many cubits are earned and they see that everything is done with cubits, everything is fun and happy, like in real life with money. In short, many new people see the game that way because of such people who say it is better, etc. It does not seem bad to me because it is something wonderful about the game, there are simply a lot of majority in those categories and they do not enjoy the game as it should be, because most of them get bored quickly with the game, without knowing that they can do many more things, because the game is very varied.
    1. Farming
    2. Social
    3. Building
    4. in-game-economy
    5. Clans ( Although I don't have my own clan, I would like to make one, it's just that it's very difficult to manage)
  • Kn1ght4nd3r50nKn1ght4nd3r50n Member, Game Moderator
    1. Social
    2. Farming
    3. Game Events
    4. Building
  • AidenPlayzAidenPlayz Member
    edited February 2023
    1: In-Game Economy / Trading - I enjoy games with an economy and trading as its fun collecting rares and building your wealth in-game, to put it simply.

2: Official Events - Although the amount of events being hosted is not as much as before, I used to enjoy competing for top prizes, e.g. clan race, winter weekly event, egg hunting etc. The quality of these events however have redcued/not been updated. The egg hunt is still the same as ever, so the players that kept competing over the years are getting bored and find it a pain to do now. It needs to be updated or changed entirely. In addition, BunnyZilla events were amazing, however the past 2 years, sorry if I sound harsh but am going to tell you my honest thoughts, have been horrible. I don't remember much, but from the top of my head I remember that the items that were dropped were bad and the amount of appearances was very minimal, if I remember correctly Zilla appeared only on Easter day - and it seems like Greek Orthodox was forgotten or abandoned.

3: Seasonal Packs - Well, this is a bit complicated. I used to look forward to opening packs in 2015, 2016 etc as it was fun opening them and having a chance to get rare pets and cool looking wearables, scarves etc. However now the packs are not so interesting, for me anyways. I believe all the items have the same rates now, which removes the "fun" aspect as it was exciting to open packs and hit a rare item (I heard that the admins don't like high priced items, so maybe thats why). In addition, opening packs are messy now, as its just filled with 1-3 block quantity items. The pack system needs a re-work imo, and they should re-introduce rarities and increase the quantity of blocks, instead of giving 1-3 blocks, give around 8+. Kewbin suggested a fun little animation when opening packs, maybe you can introduce something similar. Furthermore, a lot of items return from previous years, so it removes the "exclusive" aspect of yearly packs - and it makes them not profitable if the items keep returning.

4: Community - The community was pretty active a few years ago. You would see a lot of events being hosted, mainly bottomless games, bomb games, parkour events, giveaways, pick the block, raffles etc. It was fun socialising, meeting people, making friends, competing with each other, hosting and collaborating events etc.

5: Mines and Crafting - It was fun experiencing the mines and crafting for the first time when I started playing. There was a lot to do, a lot to learn. Maybe its nostalgia, but I enjoyed going to mines, mining, crafting, selling etc. Not to mention the mines look amazing (especially tropical mine).
  • 1) Community
    2) Trading
    3) Building
    4) Parkours, stuff like that
    5) Events :-)
  • 1) minigames (like football, pvp, parkour challenges, pulse games etc)
    2) friends (i like teleporting to people and saying hi, probably about the only reason I log in)
    3) in-game economy (if you asked me a year ago I would've said the economy is most important, but now I value beating parkours more than making a profit)
    4) events (not including the grindy ones, events like the Love Mountain and the old space_fetus events are enjoyable)
    5) clans. despite the fact that I think there's no good clans currently