Pencil's Mountain Adventure; (Sponsored Event) Results!!

CubicPencilCubicPencil Member
edited December 2022 in Player Events & Creations
Results

5 random players who complete the adventure will receive 10k! These players are:

#11 - Krampi
#41 - Ina'
#29 - Lemongrassham111
#40 - PlmQazEr
#19 - hi_127

1 random player on the 100% completion bumper will receive 10k!

#31 - Xx_Nemesis_xX

1 random player on the secret bumper will receive 10k!

#49 - Sir Beckley

You should receive your prize soon; thank you all for participating! If you have any feedback please let me know here; what did you NOT like about the adventure that I can tweak in a future one? I know this one was a little confusing, so I'd like to know how to make the next one simpler without removing the challenge.

Original message:

Thank you to Support for sponsoring this event! I've completely revamped my old Mountain Adventure realm and added NPCs, new password mechanics, and more things to do throughout the realm. I hope you enjoy!

Realm: Pencil's Mountain Adventure

Start date: Nov 7th (Now open!)
End date: Dec 7th (Prizes now closed, but you can still try it out!)

Objective: Explore the realm, talk to NPCs, and contact help to get rescued!

Prizes: 5 players who complete the adventure will win 10k. 1 player on the 100% completion bumper will win 10k. 1 player on the hidden guestbook bumper will win 10k (hidden somewhere in the main realm). Plus, rare fish (some epic too!), artifacts, and toy soldier guns can be won throughout the adventure if you can find them!

Rules:
- No relogging! NPCs will not talk to you if you do! You'll need a blue key card to talk to NPCs and relogging will remove key cards from your inventory.
- No alts! If you are found using alts for more prizes or better chances of winning, you will be banned from the adventure and cannot win any of the raffles.

How to play:
Note that all of this is covered in the realm itself and reading this is not really necessary; this will simply explain how to play in more detail if you find the rules in the realm confusing. Also note that you have to actually read the NPC dialogues and echoes, and signs throughout the adventure to fully understand what is happening!

Passwords:
Supplies you find throughout the adventure will be used in passwords to complete certain tasks. If an item is typed in ALL CAPS, it is an item that can be used in a password. Note that not all items are used in passwords though! If you walk up to a crate, it might say something like: You found some DIRT in this crate!
Some passwords only include one item, but some include multiple (you'll be told if you need multiple or not). When you have multiple items that make up a password, type the password with no spaces, and keep the items in alphabetical order. If you have a password that uses rocks and clay, the password would be: clayrocks.
Having some paper and a pencil by your side in real life may come in handy. Be sure to spell items exactly how they are given to you on the sign. If you find STONES on the ground, be sure to keep it plural in passwords since it was plural on the sign. If you are 100% sure you have the right items in a password in the right order but you can't get through, take a step back and retype out the words. It's easy to make spelling errors on long passwords.

Temporary NPC Items:
Every time you talk to an NPC, they will give you a temporary item to save your progress. Don't drop these items! If you do, you may have to redo some dialogue. If you missed what an NPC said while talking to them, you can press talk again to trigger an echo showing what you need to do. Echoes *should* appear every time you talk to an NPC twice.

Read Carefully:
Pretty self-explanatory. NPCs will sometimes hint at something that should be avoided or something you should look for. If you really want to re-talk to an NPC to see what they said, drop the temporary item that they give you.

What does 100% completion mean?
To 100% complete the adventure requires 3 codes found in the main realm. Use those codes in alphabetical order at the end of the adventure to get to the guestbook bumper. The 3 codes will be with the 3 prize dispensers in the main realm. Note that one will actually take you to another room, but will bring you back to the adventure when you finish the minigame.
These codes can be found by exploring. You'll need some supplies to get to these codes!

Comments

• hmm
    sounds fun and has some complication/strategy
    might try soon enough
  • hhunterrhhunterr Member
    edited October 2022
    Has anyone started? I cant enter the realm.
  • Rlly hope i get one of the few prizes and get a spot on the top 5:p
  • WhimsicalFireflyWhimsicalFirefly Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    hhunterr said:

Read the post, it tells you when it opens
  • hhunterr said:

Read the post, it tells you when it opens
    Ahh mb, ty.
  • an driodan driod Member
    edited November 2022
    I'll try to remember when it starts :p
  • I'll try it
  • How do you soo NPCs from talking after relogging?
  • Cubic said:

How do you soo NPCs from talking after relogging?

- No relogging! NPCs will not talk to you if you do! You'll need a blue key card to talk to NPCs and relogging will remove key cards from your inventory.

They won’t talk to you without the blue keycard (which I assume you get at the start) and the things disappear out of your inventory when you log off.
  • Yes, the instructions NPC at the beginning gives you a blue key card necessary to access the adventure. This is because you must read what it says in order to understand how to complete the adventure. Two NPCs start with a script looking for a blue key card. If you don't have it, it will tell you to restart the adventure. Only 1 NPC doesn't need a blue key card since you don't have to talk to it in order to complete the adventure.

There are walls of trees to keep you from going certain places too early, so if you try relogging through them, you lose your key card.
  • man I miss playing cc, I really liked the npc and texture update before I was gone
  • The realm is now open!
  • For anyone wondering - the adventure is really great! I would recommend it to anyone with time to spare, 10/10
    If you’re having a hard time finding something, try using skycam.

I was the first one to finish! :D
    Finally finished!! I am #16 on the main bumper and #9 on the bonus bumper. I don't care about winning the cubits but so happy to be on the bumpers. That was so well made and a lot of fun!! Thanks CubicPencil for putting that event together for us!!! I think that's the best player made event I've ever done. :)
  • best adventure of all 2022.
    10/10, would recommend.
  • This was an amazing adventure!!! Very Well Designed, would recommend 10/10.
  • bet u that theres a 1% chance someone will be picked from bottom of list lol
  • d
  • I did this on Nov. 8 and forgot to comment. Great Adventure! Thanks @CubicPencil
  • Its a great event but i can't find any e-e only 3 e-e
  • I did this on Nov. 8 and forgot to comment. Great Adventure! Thanks @CubicPencil

Yes,Thanks
  • Results announced! Thanks for participating everyone!
  • I forgot to say so before but this was a great adventure and I hope you create more like these. I can't think of anything right now you could fix but I'll comment it if I do.
  • One thing I thought of was how it seemed to be lacking direction at the beginning, I didn’t know what to do. It was mostly just wandering around trying to figure out what’s going on at first.

One thing I thought of was how it seemed to be lacking direction at the beginning, I didn’t know what to do. It was mostly just wandering around trying to figure out what’s going on at first.

I think that was the point. You were in a plane crash so that's pretty much what you would be doing if that happened to you. Once you get going on it and start finding the signs telling you what you need and talking to the npcs it was clear what your objective was.
  • One thing I thought of was how it seemed to be lacking direction at the beginning, I didn’t know what to do. It was mostly just wandering around trying to figure out what’s going on at first.

I think that was the point. You were in a plane crash so that's pretty much what you would be doing if that happened to you. Once you get going on it and start finding the signs telling you what you need and talking to the npcs it was clear what your objective was.
    Yeah that’s a good point

Noted, thank you. Whim is right in that this was intentional though. The player was meant to explore a little in order to figure out what is happening, but I can see how some can find that frustrating. My next adventure will definitely have a more direct objective, but exploring will still be necessary.