New Reverse Vends

edited December 2022 in General Chat
So as most of us should know, The New Years Update is about to start, or maybe just a pack, but soon Reverse Vends will be here too. I couldn't help but notice that there are 3 different ones (As shown in images) Green, Purple, & Orange.
I was wondering why and the only thing I could think of was one for Clothing/Wearables, one for Deco/Blocks, & the last one for Resources/Mineables.
Can we please get clarification @SirKewberth ?
Also please comment your ideas about the new items!
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1DEIw1fOg-B_u6NV4OVCE0p81vH9tDd9OA0Z1usbPz6E/edit?usp=sharing

Comments

• woah what are reverse vends?
  • I've heard Will say that creating 3 vends instead of 1 will help prevent potential cubit exploits.
  • Ok Cool, makes sense

Reverse vends are something that buys items instead of selling them
  • Awesome, turning into islands in castles!
    Sorry i was inactive *wink*. Nice to see the game still rollin!
  • UU Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator

I've heard Will say that creating 3 vends instead of 1 will help prevent potential cubit exploits.

That was just my opinion. If they have different features then it’s easier to make multiple and less bugs if they are separate items.

Reverse vends are something that buys items instead of selling them
    intriguing
  • It Would be cool if there was a vend that buys any wearable at any amount for any price like selling minner hat and fire hat at 50c and u can put a limit on how much c u put in that vend so it can atomaticly collect
  • It Would be cool if there was a vend that buys any wearable at any amount for any price like selling minner hat and fire hat at 50c and u can put a limit on how much c u put in that vend so it can atomaticly collect

Thats what I think they are going to be like
  • Kn1ght4nd3r50nKn1ght4nd3r50n Member, Game Moderator
    Well, reverse vending machines will be to future updates. Being a way more secure and automated to buy items though Green Reverse Vending, Orange Reverse Vending, and Purple Reverse Vending. It's a bit early to give details about, but they are similar and easy to use like the vending machines.

• Well, reverse vending machines will be to future updates. Being a way more secure and automated to buy items though Green Reverse Vending, Orange Reverse Vending, and Purple Reverse Vending. It's a bit early to give details about, but they are similar and easy to use like the vending machines.

So you know???
    O.O
  • But would reverse vends buy really cheap? Like last resort to get c. Sort of like a recube bin?
  • an driod said:

But would reverse vends buy really cheap? Like last resort to get c. Sort of like a recube bin?

No -_-
    The owner of the vend will set the price and then buy items autonomously.
  • Does anyone realize that reverse vends mean the end of mining HQs?
  • WhimsicalFireflyWhimsicalFirefly Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator

Does anyone realize that reverse vends mean the end of mining HQs?

The addition of reverse vends will make their job of paying their employees a lot easier for those who can afford the vends and to stock them with cubits. So some may not do well with them being added but I'm sure some will do even better if they set it up right. I don't see that as an end to mining HQs, just a change in how they work.
  • edited November 2022

The addition of reverse vends will make their job of paying their employees a lot easier for those who can afford the vends and to stock them with cubits. So some may not do well with them being added but I'm sure some will do even better if they set it up right. I don't see that as an end to mining HQs, just a change in how they work.
    Whim, I slightly disagree. I know that mining HQs won’t be fully gone but I believe they will be pretty much removed from the game because who would want to wait for cubits, potentially be scammed, and have to keep returning to a plot when they want to add stuff or collect their cubits when they could sell it all in a few clicks to a vend.

Whim, I slightly disagree. I know that mining HQs won’t be fully gone but I believe they will be pretty much removed from the game because who would want to wait for cubits, potentially be scammed, and have to keep returning to a plot when they want to add stuff or collect their cubits when they could sell it all in a few clicks to a vend.
    That's why it's better, reduces the risk of being stolen and also easier to seek out many places for sell our items...

Just a reminder, cubits per resources aren't infinity, in one place it will ran out and another is ready to buy more of that, it makes the market more competitive for buying and re-selling products

Just one point, clanstones now are going to be at some point some more useless... well, I hope an update to clanstone comes soons.

I think they will still exist, they will just function differently with reverse vends. Just like a vends shop, mining hqs can set up to buy from their miners.

I think they will still exist, they will just function differently with reverse vends. Just like a vends shop, mining hqs can set up to buy from their miners.
    What I meant was that its the end of mining HQs as they are today, like best miner prizes will not be possible, and there will be no more need for a HQ owner to set up your plot.
  • So you guys are arguing against the same point but differently worded
  • Daresx11Daresx11 Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    edited November 2022

What I meant was that its the end of mining HQs as they are today, like best miner prizes will not be possible, and there will be no more need for a HQ owner to set up your plot.
    It's not the end... Players will still have the opportunity to keep their mining HQs as they are now(the traditional way if we can call that) including their events/prizes. The new reverse vends just will be another option players will have if they wish to automate the process, but it is still up to each player to make the change or not.
  • edited November 2022
    Daresx11 said:

It's not the end... Players will still have the opportunity to keep their mining HQs as they are now(the traditional way if we can call that) including their events/prizes. The new reverse vends just will be another option players will have if they wish to automate the process, but it is still up to each player to make the change or not.
    Well, what I was thinking was that in most HQs now, there's plots and glassed resources that are being sold, along with their prices. I imagined that in the future, the glassed items would be put in reverse vends. If that would happen, you would no longer need to use the (traditional) method of plots, chests, and piggies. Rather, all the resources could be bought from anyone who had warps there or knew the realm name. I think I worded my first comment wrong, I meant not the end of HQs, but a complete change in how they work. However, this is just speculation and I could be completely wrong, and everything would stay the same.
    Most HQs are not going to be able to afford to have a fully funded automated HQ. They would have to buy a lot of reverse vends and keep all of them filled with enough cubits to buy a constant stream of resources from tons of people. So I think the well run traditional HQs will be fine since they manually pay out as needed.
  • Mining HQs would become obsolete. That’s what happens when new inventions are created, people use the new invention and the old one becomes useless and inefficient. I don’t see why you care if mining HQs shut down, it’s better for everyone to just have reverse vends because noobs can make Cubits fast without having to wait to pay, and HQ owners don’t have to worry about miners becoming inactive and other issues.
  • Mining HQ's will still be the same but now they wont have to wait till the owner comes to consult with them about their C, They will just mine and put it in the reverse vends in a specific amount like, 100 dirt/1000 dirt for 10/100c, Something like that.
  • Aravis said:

Mining HQ's will still be the same but now they wont have to wait till the owner comes to consult with them about their C, They will just mine and put it in the reverse vends in a specific amount like, 100 dirt/1000 dirt for 10/100c, Something like that.

So they won’t still be the same
  • edited November 2022
    Yeah, all mining HQ’s will be completely revamped for the most part
  • Pro update
  • Personally, I don´t think that this should be useable for resources. Yes, it will make mining HQ's SOO much better. But to be honest, it would destroy the whole, "you mined the most, and therefore you win a prize" option. I know most mining HQs do that. And when I joined, I worked at Hiccup01's mining HQ, and to be honest, I needed that extra boost. In my eyes, there are lots of pros and cons to these vends. And that's just resource HQs!