Merry Chirstmas!! Thanks for those who have come to my little Christmas giveaway :)

But I think I won't do anymore giveaways in the future.

Reasons
1. Seeing people dropping off the items they got is the main reason. Although it is just a fish trophy, it is still something that I've spent time fishing and crafting. And I think they are pretty cool for decorating. That's why I want to share them with people.
2. I like to hide dispensers anywhere in the realm/room for people to seek them out. Giving a little hints to motivate people looking around, seeing what I have built, finding fun and surprises in the realm/room, I think it should be the best part for people to have when entering into a realm/room.
But no. I see some people swearing when they couldn't figure out the password or find the way to get prizes. I even got people mocking the prizes they got.
3. I've done some giveaways before. I don't offer rare wearables but only offer some little cool stuffs as prizes, because I've made my efforts to earn everything I got. I rather to run a Trading Shop offering extra uncommons or rares I have, offering people the chances to get them without spending cubits than just give them away.
4. It should make you feel happy after doing a giveaway. But that's not what I felt last night.

Anyway, thanks for joining the giveaways. Thanks for keeping the prizes you got. Hope you all have happy holidays ^^

Comments

• This always has been a problem in CC, for example most of them ask for a Pow. When someone place it, they grabbed the item, and just drop everything except the wearables.. This is also one of the reason I don't do public giveaway anymore. Anyway, Happy Holiday and hope you won't put this in your heart.
  • Alvin! said:

This always has been a problem in CC, for example most of them ask for a Pow. When someone place it, they grabbed the item, and just drop everything except the wearables.. This is also one of the reason I don't do public giveaway anymore. Anyway, Happy Holiday and hope you won't put this in your heart.

I’ve seen the same in every giveaways with decorations as prizes before. D:
    And it’s good to know you’ve seen the same problem. Thank you :) Happy holidays and Happy New Year :D
  • RolimRolim Member
    edited December 2021
    Like Alvin! said, After every round of Cubic Santa Claus people would throw away most of the blocks and decos.
    So instead of letting them go to waste, I would go and pick them up and give them to the players who wanted them.
    Even if they weren't gonna be used, I would still rather seeing them being sold than vanish in thin air.
    But yeah that's Cubic Castles Community for the most part. Not to talk about those who will use alt accounts to get more than 1 prize from the dispensers. Prize dispenser is not reliable when you aren't online.
    So unless it's a Vanity, Car, Pet or even Cubits they probably won't be interested.
    I'm also thinking from now on, if I decide to host something at some point again, I will use the gather bumper to pick players and make the prizes be something on the list above but less winners overall.
    Hope you had a great Christmas and happy holidays!
  • Rolim said:

Like Alvin! said, After every round of Cubic Santa Claus people would throw away most of the blocks and decos.
    So instead of letting them go to waste, I would go and pick them up and give them to the players who wanted them.
    Even if they weren't gonna be used, I would still rather seeing them being sold than vanish in thin air.
    But yeah that's Cubic Castles Community for the most part. Not to talk about those who will use alt accounts to get more than 1 prize from the dispensers. Prize dispenser is not reliable when you aren't online.
    So unless it's a Vanity, Car, Pet or even Cubits they probably won't be interested.
    I'm also thinking from now on, if I decide to host something at some point again, I will use the gather bumper to pick players and make the prizes be something on the list above but less winners overall.
    Hope you had a great Christmas and happy holidays!

Agree!! And using gather bumper is a great idea :D
    Thank you for hosting the event :) Santa's North Pole & Santa's Cottage are so beautiful, I love them <3
    Wish you have happy holidays and Happy New Year too ^^