2v2 Soccer Tournament; Planning (this can be closed)

CubicPencilCubicPencil Member
edited January 2022 in Player Events & Creations
Just read the bold font below if you don't want to read through the entire post.

Hey y'all, I wanted to know if anybody would participate if I organized a 2v2 soccer tournament. I've got a field for it and over 70 golf balls that I've accumulated over time. Why golf balls? Because they fly differently depending on how you kick it. Far more enjoyable than soccer balls.

Anyways, to the point:

I need to know if anybody would even be interested, and if anybody would like to help out. I need somebody to commentate with me while the games are going.

So just say in the comments if you'd be interested in playing or not. You can come with a partner or without; teams can be organized the day of. You will have to wear the same shirt, and two teams cannot have the same shirt. Other wearables don't matter.

I'll pre-make brackets (which unfortunately will only be able to be seen by me) and adjust the day of depending on how many teams there are. Perhaps I could even give somebody a plot in the realm to put up signs saying which teams are advancing to the next round or whatnot.

The games would only be first to 3 points, with a cap of no more than 2 minutes per game or so, so that the tournament doesn't drag on forever. I forget the dimensions of the field... I think its 30 blocks long or something, so not too close but not super far away. I've played on it before, and I'd say its pretty good for 2v2.

EDIT: Prizes would be 10k for the winning team (5k to each player) and random wearables for following teams.

The game would probably take place around 20:00 cc time (which should be 8 EST) or 15:00 cc time (3 EST) on a Sunday.

So what I need from you: I want to know if you'd take the time to play and if you'd like to help. I also want to know if you'd prefer 20:00 cc time or 15:00 cc time

This can be closed. Sorry if making a separate discussion for planning and the actual event is not allowed. This discussion is kind of unnecessary.

Comments