Custom In Game 3D Models and Exporting Models

PimyddPimydd Member
edited October 2021 in Player Events & Creations
Hello everyone!
I don't really play anymore but a few days ago I got interested in the idea of making a converter for the 3d model format that cc uses (.modl). And.. well ive done it, I have made 2 programs. One program (modl2obj) that converts .modl files into readable .obj files, and another (obj2modl) that converts .obj files back into .modl files.

All you have to do to use these programs is drag 1 or more of the files you wish to convert onto the corresponding program.

The program only runs on windows but if you create .modl files, they can be used on any platform

Here's a link to download the program: link

Here's an example of a model I extracted from CC:

Here's an example of a model i created and imported into CC:

At the moment you can only convert 1 obj file into a modl file at a time. I may or may not fix this.

There are a few other things to keep in mind if you want to port models into CC:

- Make sure your faces are triangulated
- Set -Z to up
- If you do want to texture things (I dont recommend it) remember that you need to vertically flip your end result image before placing it into the texture atlas for cc to properly use it
- You will need to have your normals inside out (I may or may not fix this too)
- Some models use weird texture coordinates, so if your textures dont look right at first try scaling them down or up a bit.

I know @Punpudle and a few others have also been looking for something like this.
Thanks to SirKewberth with the help for understanding the .modl format
Welp.. that's it, have fun!

Comments

• Thanks
  • Here's a tank model @Hispano imported, they also found that some models require texture coordinates to be scaled down slightly, so like I said before not recommended to import stuff but if you do want to, you will probably have to play around a bit with the texture coordinates.

• Pimydd said:

Here's a tank model @Hispano imported, they also found that some models require texture coordinates to be scaled down slightly, so like I said before not recommended to import stuff but if you do want to, you will probably have to play around a bit with the texture coordinates.

Can you make some custom 3d textures I I asked for?
  • Pimydd said:

Here's a tank model @Hispano imported, they also found that some models require texture coordinates to be scaled down slightly, so like I said before not recommended to import stuff but if you do want to, you will probably have to play around a bit with the texture coordinates.

Can you make some custom 3d textures I I asked for?
    Send me a dm and ill see what I can do