Petition to hire more mods!

This days most of the mods are now inactive. Some are still online but not 24/7. So we file this petition to hire some people to be a mod. Specifically we want @McNarwall to become a mod! He is a good person, have alot of experience in the game and very helpful man! So idk just vote in the comment if you want him to be mod as well :)

Comments

• i am larrysi am larrys Member
    edited July 2021
    No votings or Some People Will greed Them like Vote me to get Free Ramm I will explain My Thought Later.. and About McNarwall he Might be Good But He is Toxic. I mean He Does Swears Randomly
  • This days most of the mods are now inactive. Some are still online but not 24/7. So we file this petition to hire some people to be a mod. Specifically we want @McNarwall to become a mod! He is a good person, have alot of experience in the game and very helpful man! So idk just vote in the comment if you want him to be mod as well :)

I dont want him to be mod he suck diva must be mod #divamustbemod
  • GalaGala Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    I agree that we need more mods.. But voting for others in here is not a good idea and it doesn't work that way.
  • Galantis said:

I agree that we need more mods.. But voting for others in here is not a good idea and it doesn't work that way.

Well we need more mods ASAP and thats for sure. I see alot of ranting hollas due to the scamming of some people in cc and these scamemrs are just roaming around and hunting more victim since i know some of my friends who scammed, the scammer was reported and those who scam her still enjoying the game. And ye I thought of posting a voting here might spread the awareness what's happening in cc nowadays. I'll just wait for new mods to appear in cc so devs pls find some xD
  • CubicCubic Member
    Yes, we need more mods. But it’s not that simple. It’s better have less mods than more mods but less trusted. Sirkewberth has to find good, trusted people and that’s not easy when he’s running the game.
    -1 for vote because people could be bribed, and just because lots of people respect someone, doesn’t mean they would be good. Take Rstar for example, or Grus
  • This days most of the mods are now inactive. Some are still online but not 24/7. So we file this petition to hire some people to be a mod. Specifically we want @McNarwall to become a mod! He is a good person, have alot of experience in the game and very helpful man! So idk just vote in the comment if you want him to be mod as well :)

The fact that this guy was last active on the forums in January.
    edited July 2021
    Finally Free to Share My Thoughts Here are My Thoughts

1)No Votings:Well Voting should not be Used In such a Game Because Some VERY rich People can Just Make People Fall on their Trap For Example: A Random Person Stands For Voting And Hollas On cc Saying:VOTE ME to get Free (any item even dirt) And Then He Somehow Manages To get Votes It's Like People Sold Their Votess Just for a Item Maybe He Never Gave the Items He said And Once he Gets The Mod Tag He Would start Taking Revenge And Misuse the Powers It's Like The Power Should Only Belong to one Who Can Hold it for Good Use.

2) Language: Honestly There Are alot of people Having Their Country Language And You see Ccc Only Supports English Which Makes Hard for Foreign People To Under Stand I remember Some People Getting Muted Just Because They Don't Know what The Word Meaned Take Example of Galantis He was Once Muted Because He didn't Really Knew What it Meaned Not only Him There Are Many More Getting Muted Because The Mod(The Guy Muting the Qbee Who Spelled the Word which He doesn't Even Know what it Meaned) So thee Only thing I want is There Should be Mod From Every Country not all mods From Same Country There are More than 5mods From USA And Some few From Other Countries..

3)Active Players:Yes We Need Active Playwrs Who Do Actually Play cc I don't Wanna Force the Mods to Play But Some Dumb Qbees Always Holla for Mods To come Here and there. Yeah We Need Some Actually Active Mods Recently I have Seen Galantis Being Active Which I think might be Good But we Need More Not only 1guy can Handle 600 people At same Time.

4)Actual Trusted:What Can I even Say Just Choose People Who Can Actually be Trusted.

Persnol Note:I am Not Gonna Force You to read This But If You Still are Reading then it's Your Mistake ._.
    This is Just My Thoughts I had Once I thought To Become Mod in early 2017 When I was Like On my Oldest Acc which I guess Is lost in the Woods(Silence) But Now I don't Actually think to be a Mod :) Because It's Just like Extra Work while Enjoying the Game Who would Like to solve Thousands of Questions of Some Newbie
  • Lucas The SpiderLucas The Spider U.K, England Member

Finally Free to Share My Thoughts Here are My Thoughts

1)No Votings:Well Voting should not be Used In such a Game Because Some VERY rich People can Just Make People Fall on their Trap For Example: A Random Person Stands For Voting And Hollas On cc Saying:VOTE ME to get Free (any item even dirt) And Then He Somehow Manages To get Votes It's Like People Sold Their Votess Just for a Item Maybe He Never Gave the Items He said And Once he Gets The Mod Tag He Would start Taking Revenge And Misuse the Powers It's Like The Power Should Only Belong to one Who Can Hold it for Good Use.

2) Language: Honestly There Are alot of people Having Their Country Language And You see Ccc Only Supports English Which Makes Hard for Foreign People To Under Stand I remember Some People Getting Muted Just Because They Don't Know what The Word Meaned Take Example of Galantis He was Once Muted Because He didn't Really Knew What it Meaned Not only Him There Are Many More Getting Muted Because The Mod(The Guy Muting the Qbee Who Spelled the Word which He doesn't Even Know what it Meaned) So thee Only thing I want is There Should be Mod From Every Country not all mods From Same Country There are More than 5mods From USA And Some few From Other Countries..

3)Active Players:Yes We Need Active Playwrs Who Do Actually Play cc I don't Wanna Force the Mods to Play But Some Dumb Qbees Always Holla for Mods To come Here and there. Yeah We Need Some Actually Active Mods Recently I have Seen Galantis Being Active Which I think might be Good But we Need More Not only 1guy can Handle 600 people At same Time.

4)Actual Trusted:What Can I even Say Just Choose People Who Can Actually be Trusted.

Persnol Note:I am Not Gonna Force You to read This But If You Still are Reading then it's Your Mistake ._.
    This is Just My Thoughts I had Once I thought To Become Mod in early 2017 When I was Like On my Oldest Acc which I guess Is lost in the Woods(Silence) But Now I don't Actually think to be a Mod :) Because It's Just like Extra Work while Enjoying the Game Who would Like to solve Thousands of Questions of Some Newbie

I Would Read This But Your Typing Is So Stupid I Dont Wanna. Please Learn To Type Correctly
  • WhimsicalFireflyWhimsicalFirefly Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    I think everyone agrees we need more mods. SirKewberth is aware of the need and I'm sure he and the other admins are working to find a solution to the problem. It's not an easy task to find someone who can be trusted with the responsibility and power given to a moderator. The community doesn't get a say in who is chosen because they don't have a full picture of what each player has in their history. With name changes and alts you really never know who you are really talking to. Popular, rich, friendly and helpful doesn't always make a good mod because there are other things to factor into the decision. The last thing we need is a scammer or toxic player being given the blue tag.

A big part of the problem right now is that people don't always report and when they do, they often don't have proof so mods cannot do anything other than send them to support. Some things to keep in mind when reporting... mods cannot do anything without clear proof, they cannot get your items/cubits back or replace them, they do not have access to game logs to investigate and they do not have the power to long term ban. So next time you think about bashing a mod for "not doing their job" remember your expectations could be outside of their abilities.

Reporting to the right people:
    -If you have proof (screenshots or video), report to the mods through the Community Discord server.
    Community Discord - these reports go to the mods only https://discord.gg/n4284bX
    -If you don't have proof or want to attempt to recover items/cubits you should report to support.
    Support - these reports go to the admins only https://www.cubiccastles.com/contact.html
    In all honesty, in game reports are not really a good way to report because the is no way to send proof or for the mods to follow up with the person reporting.
  • Finally Free to Share My Thoughts Here are My Thoughts

I Would Read This But Your Typing Is So Stupid I Dont Wanna. Please Learn To Type Correctly
    I use Google Typing Keyboard And it has AUTO TYPING HOW CAN IT BE MY MISTAKE OMGG
  • Graceful ThunderGraceful Thunder Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    I agree that we do need more mods. But as cool as it could be to have the community suggest people, we've seen in the past that people with money and power just pay others off via bribes or just doing tons of giveaways. Everyone likes giveaways, so the little qbees run over and vote for the person doing giveaways without really knowing their true character. I can't speak specifically about anyone here, but, a lot of popular people who people think should be mods... have skeletons in their closets.

To sum it up, yes, I'd welcome new mods, but it's not that simple. Moderators are basically the unpaid "face" of Cubic Castles. People blame us first when something goes wrong, and it's usually not our fault.
  • SPY C.SPY C. Member
    I think the number of mods has not been enough for years but Kewberth is busy with adding new things,updates he is not very interested in this subject.
  • UU Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    It’s unfortunate that I can’t be considered for moderating because of my past. I only play the game to help run the community nowadays. But, I came to the conclusion a while ago that discord and the things I run ingame is at least doing my part.

But, it’s a lot harder than you think for Kewb to find mods. Most people who are suggested by players really wouldn’t be good moderators (I’m not talking about the person you mentioned). Which is why often times the new moderators are players whose names haven’t even been brought up before in public.
  • This is a very hot topic, always has been.

In my opinion moderators are doing their best. Community Server is a great innovation to the reporting system.

Maybe along with getting more moderators developers should consider adding more powers to the blue tag.
    edited July 2021
    Just had a Question How Many Mods Are Active in game? 3? Gala,Slim and Knightson well there's Only 3people Which Would Not be Enough For Daily It could be Better to Find New Mods After the Banner Update I guess Because I have Seen Many New Ways Made by people to Trick others
  • Gala and Grace, Slim is inactive, Anderson is retired
    edited July 2021

Gala and Grace, Slim is inactive, Anderson is retired

Thanks for the Answer *^^* I was Inactive On cc for a While I don't Know Whats Been happening In cc (Sorry for 2 comment)
  • WhimsicalFireflyWhimsicalFirefly Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator

Just had a Question How Many Mods Are Active in game? 3? Gala,Slim and Knightson

We have 2 active mods - Graceful Thunder and Galantis.

Kn1ght4nd3r50n resigned after a few months and Slim has been inactive for a long time
  • DjCatHDDjCatHD Member
    edited July 2021
    Voting will result into bribing players to vote you
  • *MMS*MMS Member
    More Mods: Definitely.
    Voting Players to be Mods: Pretty inevitable disaster (I was going to list the reasons but people above have said it better than I could)

One of the most surprising things to me when I returned to the game was how few moderators there were (10+ >> 2). Also massive kudos to Graceful Thunder and Galantis - I only see part of the chaos that falls to them (hollas and system-wide announcements) and even then, I don't know how only two people manage it.
  • I upvote this convo
  • I have no skeletons in my closet, only dead bodies.. Vote for me I am running for president 2021.
    edited July 2021

I have no skeletons in my closet, only dead bodies.. Vote for me I am running for president 2021.

Gonna Vote you for Sure! I know You don't have A Dead Body Of Slim and that's why he is Inactive ;)
  • The community doesn't get a say in who is chosen because they don't have a full picture of what each player has in their history.

Neither does Kewb... A bunch of mods had troubles in the past - for some quite unusual for a mod - before they got asked. And, I do believe an overall community thinking and suggesting is better rather than kewb getting online to watch for people that fake their actions. There's no way to know anybody anyways, but that's not with a single dude that a good mod would be spotted imo
  • UiUi Member
    Coming from someone who’s been playing for 6 years, the toxicity of the player base has been getting higher lately. When I started there were consistently around 6-7 active mods. With the rising toxicity and only 3 active mods it would definitely support the community to add more.
  • Cub The CubicCub The Cubic Member
    edited July 2021
    Ui said:

Coming from someone who’s been playing for 6 years, the toxicity of the player base has been getting higher lately. When I started there were consistently around 6-7 active mods. With the rising toxicity and only 3 active mods it would definitely support the community to add more.

Wait, it was rising? Back in 2017-2018 (in my experience, at least), scammers and fights were more common.
    I don't know if I was just dumb back then though.

But yeah, we need more mods.
  • Galantis said:

@Galantis @WhimsicalFirefly
    It seems cc needs a new system for getting mods, better than the old one, but not yk random forum threads xd
  • Impact 1 said:

Galantis said:

@Galantis @WhimsicalFirefly
    It seems cc needs a new system for getting mods, better than the old one, but not yk random forum threads xd
    Why ping the Mods for getting new mods bruh.

The Admins choose it
  • Jme7Jme7 Member
    It's not that simple... there are soo many people who think they would make good mods, or even seem like good mods from an outside perspective, but then leave the team because they don't realize how much work it is. Plus, there are sooooo many people in cubic castles that trying to find one specific needle in a giant square mile full of barns full of haystacks is more challenging then you might think.
  • +1 Agreed