Recipe Selecting

Auto-Select Crafting

When opening a crafting station with resources inside, the upper recipe is automatically selected. From there you can choose to click on any available recipe on the list.
This is not a big problem. However, it can be very time-consuming when you manage a room with a larger amount of crafting stations. I will be using the Cut-O-Matik interface as an example.

Scroll, Click, Craft and Next

Upon opening the interface, the most upper recipe is selected, which is white pixel. Let's say I want a light grey pixel block: I scroll down to this recipe and click it to select.
This becomes a problem when you want hundreds of machines to craft grey pixel. With every machine you have to open the interface, scroll down, select the recipe, and finally click craft. This process will become a lot more efficient when the desired recipe is already selected as default, so you only have to open the craft window and click the craft-button.

Solution

There are multiple ways to add a feature like this and I will not be going too deep into that. Possible ways to do this could be to implement an algorithm that predicts the next default selected recipe or an option to configure this yourself. I am sure that there are a lot more possibilities that may work better, so I'm leaving this part open-ended.

Regardless of the way to realise this, I really think this feature should be added at some point. It saves a lot of time and trouble for the mass-crafters among us and it would make crafting a lot more efficient.

Comments