Old Vs Now

Being a 2016 Player after Many Years I found one of my lost Friend again on cc and then I remember the Olden Days Which was Better ;)

What Time You liked more? The olden days with Kind People and No Scams With much of Fun or today's community Full of Toxic ?

Comments

• I enjoyed it when I played for a while in 2017. I remember not caring about items or the economy at all, and more hanging out with friends and building things.
  • I started playing in 2015 and the game is sometimes way too nostalgic for me, I miss the old days with my friends, some of them are offline for 3 years and I don't have any contact with them
  • _Ninka_ said:

I started playing in 2015 and the game is sometimes way too nostalgic for me, I miss the old days with my friends, some of them are offline for 3 years and I don't have any contact with them

OG :o
  • PlayerPlayer Member
    scams and toxicity has always been around, people are just blinded by nostalgia
  • CubicCubic Member
    Player said:

Yeah plus, a lot of things have been put into the game to prevent scams, more than before
  • Player said:

That's true I guess, but now there are many other ways how to scam people (vends, rentals...)
  • i am larrysi am larrys Member
    edited June 2021
    Player said:

Honestly Back then in 2016 when I first Stepped In this Game I could ever see a Guy Cursing In the Lobby or in the Town Center And About Scams Well That Time Most of the Player were Old and Mature and Nowdays There are just Some Kiddos Cursing out of nowhere
  • *Joystick**Joystick* Member
    edited June 2021
    There always were scammers lol, even back in 2016

and i'd say it went down in 2018, and here we are now
  • Being a 2016 Player after Many Years I found one of my lost Friend again on cc and then I remember the Olden Days Which was Better ;)

What Time You liked more? The olden days with Kind People and No Scams With much of Fun or today's community Full of Toxic ?

Definitely, I first played in 2018 and it a lot better than it is today. i took a break around may, 2018 and started back up maybe 4-5 months ago and it is terrible, a lot of the time I'm on there is a Holla warp saying don't trust this person they scammed me or people doing around and saying they were scammed, and people going around are sometimes even trying to get people to feel bad for them and give them something, I much prefer 2018.
  • Being a 2016 Player after Many Years I found one of my lost Friend again on cc and then I remember the Olden Days Which was Better ;)

Definitely, I first played in 2018 and it a lot better than it is today. i took a break around may, 2018 and started back up maybe 4-5 months ago and it is terrible, a lot of the time I'm on there is a Holla warp saying don't trust this person they scammed me or people doing around and saying they were scammed, and people going around are sometimes even trying to get people to feel bad for them and give them something, I much prefer 2018.
    Bump!

And yes there are too many scam nowdays
  • UU Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    edited December 2021
    There are way less scams nowadays. We used to have vend scams with seeds, payaways, and so much more.

I personally prefer Cubic Castles these days then the past.
    Player said:

Yeah, this is true. People are just nostalgic of the first time they played the game. Someone who starts today will say they preferred these times in a few years.
  • 2020 cc is underrated, there were so many new events, and Slymegood vs BZ, and a bigger community.
  • having started in 2015, i think 2016-2018 was the best time for me because i already had enough things to just have fun and had found some friends. i think the game can still be fun today if you don't focus on trading like most people seem to do and instead just mess around building, mining for resources, talking to people.
  • CubicCubic Member
    edited December 2021
    I started late 2015 so 2016 was my favourite year… I miss when you are constantly finding new things out about the game, when I used to win a noob hat I would be so hyped, and I would just go around with my friends and build stuff and make shops hoping one day to be rich. 2020 and 2021 cc isn’t as good, there aren’t any rare items in packs anymore :( and it’s just not the same as when I was younger

There are definitely less scams today than there were in the past, so many ways to scam have been patched and everyone has been made aware