New Glitched Item I got from the pack

@SirKewberth
When I bought the new Summer Fan pack, I got this weird item called a broken link.
https://i.imgur.com/jbACHrP.png
The weird part about this item was that it didn't have the text below it that says like "craft with this" or "click a place to build this". Also, I couldn't split it. I also couldn't drag it, so I would have to replace an item with the broken link, similar to how you put a realm deed in a chest. When I /traded it to my friend, he saw randomized items from the pack and when I traded it to him, I found out that the link was still there, so i /traded again, and it still didn't disappear. Basically, I had a glitched infinite item. I relogged, hoping this might fix the problem, and when i did, the broken link disappeared, which was a relief because I don't want to get caught up in the whole glitched item business. However, my friend still had random blocks from the pack, and when he dropped them, I couldn't see them or pick them up. When I went to a pack opening, I couldn't see any of the items they were dropping onto the donation tables. During the halloween event, I had a similar issue, as my friend found an amulet, but when he gave it to me, it was a broken link. Being the noob I was, I didn't think much of it, and put it in a chest. After a week or so, I checked the chest again and the amulet was there, so I hope this issue resolves itself. https://i.imgur.com/VB2J4Lx.png

Comments

• contact support
  • It's just a Normal Item Which Might be Got If The Game is Not Updated Don't Worry wait for it And you will Get the Exchange The BrokennLink with the Item it was
  • Jme7Jme7 Member
    My guess is this (now it might be a bit technical, so if you aren't into that, skip to the tl;dr)
    - So (i'm pretty sure) in cubic castles every item has an "id"
    - So, theoretically, if you were to buy an item, with an id of let's say 123.
    - Now, let's say that the update you have installed has items 1-120, but doesn't have this item 123.
    - Your game is looking for an item, that, in it's eyes, doesn't exist. That is the broken link
    - Now, once you update to a version that DOES have this new item, once you relog it switches back to the item included in that update
    (NOTE: This is actually a common problem with MMOs, and you would think that cc would have a "backup item", maybe even with a description that says "Huh, it seems like this item will come in a later update" or something, but I mean maybe this is their first time encountering this, so it's fine)

TL;DR You got an item from a future update, so since your game doesn't know about it, it gives you a glitched item. However when you install the update everything fixes itself.

Hope this helps!
  • MEEPYZMEEPYZ Member
    Jme7 said:

My guess is this (now it might be a bit technical, so if you aren't into that, skip to the tl;dr)
    - So (i'm pretty sure) in cubic castles every item has an "id"
    - So, theoretically, if you were to buy an item, with an id of let's say 123.
    - Now, let's say that the update you have installed has items 1-120, but doesn't have this item 123.
    - Your game is looking for an item, that, in it's eyes, doesn't exist. That is the broken link
    - Now, once you update to a version that DOES have this new item, once you relog it switches back to the item included in that update
    (NOTE: This is actually a common problem with MMOs, and you would think that cc would have a "backup item", maybe even with a description that says "Huh, it seems like this item will come in a later update" or something, but I mean maybe this is their first time encountering this, so it's fine)

TL;DR You got an item from a future update, so since your game doesn't know about it, it gives you a glitched item. However when you install the update everything fixes itself.

Hope this helps!

This post was from June and already resolved most likely.
This discussion has been closed.