Cubic Castles Multi Animator Project. needing animators/artists. [CLOSE]

TumbleweedTumbleweed Member
edited June 2021 in Player Events & Creations
I am hosting a Cubic Castles Multi Animator Project (MAP) and need animators and artists to do this with me!

If you don't know what a MAP is read this first.

I DO NOT own this text, it's taken from https://en.scratch-wiki.info/wiki/Multiple_Animator_Project . When they say "Scratchers", they are referring to animators/ just people who do MAPs.

Multiple Animator Projects (commonly known as MAPs) are collaborative projects by numerous Scratchers that each contribute a short animation to the project.

MAPs are usually set to music or audio clips which have been sliced into shorter segments, although some MAPs do not have background audio.[citation needed] Each project member is responsible for animating their assigned part. Once each Scratcher has completed their part(s), the creator of the original MAP puts all parts into a single project.

I am going to be the host of a Cubic Castles MAP. But I am having difficulty finding people who want to do this so I am really in need of volunteers

Here is the break down of how this will go:

1. Once I get enough people to do this, we will start discussing on what we could do for the story, plot, characters, if we want a song in background, do we need voice actors?, all that fun stuff

2. Then discuss who wants to animate last/first, etc etc. Won't be perfect but can be close.

3. --BEFORE-- the animation I will make a small storyboard so the animations will fit together once all completed. Just to make sure the animations flow smoothly enough and don't "overlap" certain parts if that makes sense

4. Then the real fun begins! everyone animates their part, sends them to me and I will combine them all, add credits at the end etc....then we can share it and watch the fireworks.

Here are the rules and what to know:

• To keep everything running smoothly I will be the host/leader.... I'm here to keep everything going, no distractions, add everything at the end, and make sure it all works out. (: Don't worry though, I'm still going to do a part of the MAP!

• The animation won't be too long, I'm not going to be handing out huge scenes to anyone. Keep it as short, long, complex or simple as you want.

• Absolutely does not matter your skill level, what you use to animate, your drawing style/skill, if you've done this before, etc. This is a for fun project (: and if this goes well I'll host more

• I'd prefer if there wasn't a watermark on your animation, but its ok if there is.

• When making your animation, don't add any sound. I will do that at the end. Also don't add credits, or anything to the beginning/ending of your animation. It should cut off suddenly and start suddenly.

If you are interested, please let me know! Send me a message here or even better, add me on discord: Ms. Ratty Poe#7715

I really need volunteers because I am very excited to do this! It will be my first one and I'd love to see how this goes. If I've left anything out here it will be explained if you're interested and we start discussing. Thank you so much!

Comments

• MEEPYZMEEPYZ Member
    I would do it but I'm poopy at drawing, is that fine?
  • Of course @MEEPYZ ! I'd love to have you :D! Do you have a discord ?
  • I am Kinda Good At 2d Builds so yeah :)
  • Hi Larrys! This actually won't be any build - bascically, it's about CC just not within CC - if that makes sense? So no builds, only digital artwork/animations ... If you're still willing to do some animations let me know!
  • i could try, but not that gud at animation and art
  • @melting that's perfectly ok, this is just a for fun project to try out! (: Do you have a discord ?
  • Hey lol is it too late?, could I join? ( my app thing that I use for animation has a watermark tho)

KFC#2016
  • Not too late at all! I accepted your friend request. And watermark is ok (:
  • --please close--

Map is now starting!
    If you're still interested in doing future maps, feel free to send me a message
    I will share the animation when it's finished and everyone will be credited
    stay tuned in (:

This discussion has been closed.