People Using Other Peoples Name and Face?

Around the forums I've been seeing people who claim to be another person using their personal information, name, and pictures of their face. Obviously these are pointed out to me because the peoples they claim to be are famous. (Via Youtube or internet wise,) I know these peoples channels on Youtube. I don't know if thats violating any rules but personally if your impersonating another person pretending to be them I personally think that shouldn't be aloud ANYWHERE. I don't know if mods would take this to count as a rule and could talk to these people but just wanted to point out that people are stooping this low.

Thanks for reading! xx

Comments

• iKONICiKONIC Member
    If Joey Graceffa (Youtube) was the REAL Joey Graceffa in youtube (I doubt it though) I would be like:
    me: OMG Joey Graceffa is playind dis game! OMG More players are coming like a storm and now I can't join the game anymore because of it! What now? XD
    lolz XD
  • YakrooYakroo Somewhere In The Milky WayMember
    It Is Stated In Forum Rules:
    "Do not share or reveal any personal information about yourself or others."
    -Horus

Thats Why BJDware Changes Profile Pictures of People Showing Their Faces...

May I Ask Who Are These "People" Impersonating Another Person?
  • rawrrrawrr Member
    Yakroo said:

It Is Stated In Forum Rules:
    "Do not share or reveal any personal information about yourself or others."
    -Horus

Thats Why BJDware Changes Profile Pictures of People Showing Their Faces...

May I Ask Who Are These "People" Impersonating Another Person?

Joey Graceffa (Youtube) is their name.

• CortanaCortana UnknownMember, Retired Moderator
    edited May 2016
    Impersonation is actually against the rules... You simply can just always report it and we'll deal with it.
    Rawrr said:

Joey Graceffa (Youtube) is their name.

And that person has been dealt with already.
  • HellesHelles Member
    I checked the youtube channel and there is no videos about CC.

I think it's fake.
  • Athena ShyAthena Shy In TheTimMan's arms! Member
    I am using Madonna's photo, but I assumed that was okay because the Moderator Horus is using Ilkka Villi's photo (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ilkka_Villi) and also on his alt Mr. Scratch he is using Poets of the Fall's photo. (I would share a link for this but it isn't children friendly)

Honestly I do not understand why I can't have a photo of me but I can of someone else.
  • Since u brought it up... I was wondering about the fake Gdog, SirKewberth and one other mod/admin name (cant remember?).... Only a symbol was added or something so the difference was slight (and of course names not colored- no badge).... Are they still runnin around cc, or did this count as a rule break too? Just curious..
  • MoxxiechuMoxxiechu Prolly some ocean (FL.)Member
    edited May 2016
    As far as username's (in-game) and such go.
    Just having thats username that's close to the original isn't bad (persee)
    -I see it with upper case i's and lower case L's-

"immitation is the most sincere form of flattery"
    It doesn't necessarily go against guidelines.
    (The quote can be taken in may ways, but let's keep it simple, shall we?)

I've been name copied twice in the past.
    Can I necessarily do something about it? No.
    Do I like it? well I'm not a fan, but don't claim to be me. lol

--
    However if the person who has a replica/relation to the actual username
    Example:

the fake Gdog, SirKewberth

and they're claiming off to be staff, or an adminstrator... or essentially someone who is attempting to cause harm, and with the use of fake authority to do so; then yeah that can easily be put to end with a quick little report and proof of their impersonation.
  • rawrrrawrr Member

I am using Madonna's photo, but I assumed that was okay because the Moderator Horus is using Ilkka Villi's photo (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ilkka_Villi) and also on his alt Mr. Scratch he is using Poets of the Fall's photo. (I would share a link for this but it isn't children friendly)

Honestly I do not understand why I can't have a photo of me but I can of someone else.

Actually- I don't think you can't either. The rule basically says "Do share any personal information about you or anybody else"

Which includes photos, I had to take mine down because it was V from BTS (K-Pop Btw)
    And it wasn't me. So.. idk.
  • HorusHorus EnglandMember, Forum Moderator, Retired Moderator
    edited May 2016
    The rule was enforced to protect our users and their personal information. Having an avatar of a popular figure, a video game/anime/movie character, or even a scientist you admire doesn't fall into the personal information category. These figures are either fictional or widely known by the public.

To simply define personal information, it is something which will allow online individuals to identify you and the people around you in their real lives. Your real name, face, phone number, address, IP etc.

Impersonation however, falls into another category... but is still related. If someone gets a hold of your personal information, he might use it against you. Identity theft is quite common these days, and people need to be careful what they share online. We're just trying to protect our community as much as possible, especially with the younger audience involved.

There have been cases of people trying to impersonate our members of staff or/and popular figures, and they have been dealt with. Having an avatar is one thing, but claiming to be someone you're not is another.

Also @Rawrr, if your avatar was removed, one of our moderators probably just thought it was you. We removed any avatars that we thought could be real. You can freely re-upload it, just possibly add a source of where the figure comes from.