Selling your realms/rooms?

I think that adding selling realms/rooms as a feature could be very good to this game, this could let builders have a way to earn money outside of events.
here are some ways i think it could work:
1.if someone gets the realm deed, they automatically become the owner of the realm
2.add a "give owner" option in realm set up (this requires trust in the player selling the realm)
3.add a item you could assign to a realm or room, this item could be sold in vends, the guy that buys it and consumes it becomes the realm owner

if this feature is really out i would probably be seeing real estate companies in the game xD

Comments

why D:
  • Too less secure, too many ways to trick other players and useless. I'd rather have a refund for a realm that wasn't used in the store than trading it with players.
  • Too less secure, too many ways to trick other players and useless. I'd rather have a refund for a realm that wasn't used in the store than trading it with players.

i think you might have misunderstood the concept a little, by realm trading i mean not just the useless ones, but also ones that are really well built...
    i mean what if you built like a very epic shop but you already had two and you don't know what to do with it? or someone doesn't have the skill to build a very stylish workshop that they imagine but wanted one? i know it sounds not so secure but there can be improvements >.<
  • *Joystick**Joystick* Member
    edited February 2021
    i mean what if you built like a very epic shop but you already had two and you don't know what to do with it?
    → No point in building 3 .-. Or upgrade your previous shop..

Or someone doesn't have the skill to build a very stylish workshop that they imagine but wanted one?
    → Pay a trusted builder to do it, or improve your building skills by building..

Ik you wouldn't want it unsecure, but as of now it is. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • +1 it wouldn’t be insecure if you could only get the item to trade the realm while in the realm.
    E.g. in setup, select “get realm key” and you can trade it. Only the owner can get it. As soon as you leave the realm the realm key would disappear.
  • Crimzo said:

+1 it wouldn’t be insecure if you could only get the item to trade the realm while in the realm.
    E.g. in setup, select “get realm key” and you can trade it. Only the owner can get it. As soon as you leave the realm the realm key would disappear.

+1
  • GanondalfGanondalf Member
    edited February 2021
    You know, it's not a bad concept from a certain standpoint. But how I see it is, this would have many players striving to buy a realm rather than, you know, build one themselves. The vending machines kinda lessened player-to-player transactions. This would lessen building, to an extent.

But one might look at it in a more positive way. Builders will now have a way to use their talents to earn money, as well as popularity. They wouldn't just be building for show. Their hardwork will then bear fruit.

Players who think they can't really build a realm that meets the scale of other builders can pay to have a realm built for them. This will also inspire players who never build to maybe try their luck in this profession, encourage them to build more and in turn have their skills enhanced with practice.

This will benefit game, too, right? More builders means more builds. More builds means something to display on maybe a section on the CC webpage dubbed "Player Creations".

Idk, it's at a stalemate for me.
  • Ganondalf said:

You know, it's not a bad concept from a certain standpoint. But how I see it is, this would have many players striving to buy a realm rather than, you know, build one themselves. The vending machines kinda lessened player-to-player transactions. This would lessen building, to an extent.

But one might look at it in a more positive way. Builders will now have a way to use their talents to earn money, as well as popularity. They wouldn't just be building for show. Their hardwork will then bear fruit.

Players who think they can't really build a realm that meets the scale of other builders can pay to have a realm built for them. This will also inspire players who never build to maybe try their luck in this profession, encourage them to build more and in turn have their skills enhanced with practice.

This will benefit game, too, right? More builders means more builds. More builds means something to display on maybe a section on the CC webpage dubbed "Player Creations".

Idk, it's at a stalemate for me.

:O
  • Crimzo said:

+1 it wouldn’t be insecure if you could only get the item to trade the realm while in the realm.

This would be really nice, because then you couldnt give someone ownership of a different realm/room and scam them, and would be nice in cases like when my friend's friend gifted him a ton of rooms and placed them in my friend's realm, but my friend cant do somethings like farm because only the owner can place farm blocks, and the guy who gave them to him didnt know that, and if there was a way to change room/realm ownership that would fix it.