General Game Clarifications

UU Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
edited January 2021 in Help Requests
This is some clarification questions I had. Kewerth's answers are in green! Thanks again for the answers.

Unplaced Pets

What are your policies with unplaced pets?
  • Does the same 5 per year policy apply?

Not necessarily.. it's a guideline for the most expensive items in the game which varies over time. So it could apply to a pet or not.

• If so ~ is there any guarantees that this number won't be over 5 per year due to Mabz returning items? From scams.... etc.

Support items aren't included in the limits for rare items being reintroduced, however we only very very rarely add items this way. For the most part we don't do it at all. It would require a very special circumstance.

• Do you count unplaced pets as a completely different item from placed pets? I basically would like clarification on whether or not you clearly recognize unplaced pets as a collectors item.

We don't really classify this no. But any pets we add to the game via contest etc.. would by definition be unplaced.

Purchase Policies

There has never been a clear statement given on these, and nobody truly knows, even the moderators, if they are illegal. I would like a better answer then "It is not recommended due to scams" because that is very vague. Some moderators have told me it's okay, some have told me it's not okay.
  • Is it breaking the rules to pay somebody cubits to change their clan name? So you can claim the clan name.

Not breaking the rules but if you do this kind of unsafe trade we can't help you if they renege on the deal.

• Is it breaking the rules to pay somebody cubits to give you their clan?

Not right now.

• Is it breaking the rules to pay somebody cubits to use a nametag? So you can then claim their username.

I'm not sure if this would work, but supposing it did it's not against the rules. But again it's an unsafe trade and we won't be able to help you if they just take your cubits and do nothing.

• Account Transfers:
    -Can accounts be given away for free?
    -Can accounts be traded for items, cubits, or other ingame items?

Technically against the rules to transfer accounts to another player under any circumstances. In practice we're not actively hunting this down, but we would discourage it. Should problems arise as a result of this the accts could be banned. So I would not recommend giving or accepting or buying or selling accounts.

5 Per Year Policy
  • What are the specific qualifications for an item to apply to this, and how can we know once an item reaches that point? I would like a clear price range because saying "super rare" is way too vague for cc in this age.

It's meant to protect the price of the rarest game items and to give some kind of guideline for collectors that we won't just suddenly dump hundreds of items in the game killing the value of what they bought. Trying to nail down a hard rule here is dangerous I think. Also I obviously can't make any promises if I'm no longer in charge and someone else is running the game. (like say another company bought Cubic) These sorts of rules are a guideline for collectors but not part of the ToS. So yeah it's vague, but it'll probably stay vague because I don't think there's a really easy way to solidify it as a hard rule.

• Let's say an item is added for yuletide, and it reaches those qualifications before the pack comes around again. Could we expect that this policy will still apply to it and it will not return in quantities more then 5?

I'd say no.. don't count on this. Anything that was in a pack may return the next year.

Collectors Items

Are the following items recognized as collectors items?
  • Beta/Magical Bushes (The ones from the original cubit store farm pack that are worth 75k+ each)
  • Monster Graves
  • Boogers
  • Slime Eggs
  • Rainbow Umbrellas

The main thing for me is to look at the game and not destroy value of very rare or exceptional items. While it's vague I would say this idea only applies to the few rarest items in the game. But either way we're not looking to flood the game with items that have rose in value with maybe the exception of seasonal packs coming back.

Bugged Items Policies
  • Overall, can players buy/sell items brought into the game from bugs?

We've always said this is dangerous because sometimes buggy items need to be deprecated and can vanish. So I don't really recommend this.. at least not for a large value.

• Will players be warned/banned for selling/buying unharmful bugged items like a stacked dehydrated cube, or a stacked clothing item?

I wouldn't, but I'm not always the one deciding. However usually bans are reserved for people who harm other players or the game in some way on purpose.

Other Questions with TOS and Bans
  • If it is not in the tos is it allowed, or are there cases when a rule is inferred? Like... a checkpoint being required in a pay to play parkour.. or not being allowed to have a death block in a pay to play parkour.

There are some cases where a rule may be inferred. For instance paid games are allowed but we can subjectively shut them down if we determine them to be malicious. Sometimes this will fall on a grey line where not everyone agrees, and we do our best to decide but maybe not in a way where everyone is satisfied with the answer.

Comments

• MEEPYZMEEPYZ Member
    edited January 2021
    also, you left out diamond rings @U
    1. What are the big things that are being worked on
    2. What were the problems with 2 letter names and names with !:".,/`[]+-=
  • UU Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    MEEPYZ said:

also, you left out diamond rings @U
    1. What are the big things that are being worked on
    2. What were the problems with 2 letter names and names with !:".,/`[]+-=

I left out diamond ring because it was a pack item, not a special item.

For 1, this thread isn't for questions like that.
    For 2, it was made more strict because of all of the name exploits that came up.
  • U said:

For 2, it was made more strict because of all of the name exploits that came up.

I left out the ">" and "<" symbols for a reason, and what about 2 letters?
    MEEPYZ said:

U said:

I left out the ">" and "<" symbols for a reason, and what about 2 letters?</p>
    The >< had nothing to do with it
  • *Joystick**Joystick* Member
    edited January 2021
    You missed info from the guidelines mate. :)
    You have the quote, and I can't delete any comment (and won't), gl.
  • orrr lets just make a petition that we can change clan names? :>

orrr lets just make a petition that we can change clan names? :>

You can change clan names. But it works the same with users where once a name is claimed it can never be claimed again.
    edited January 2021
    Thank you
  • *Joystick**Joystick* Member
    edited January 2021
    I'd still like you to answer the question I asked (5 per year thing).
    edited January 2021

Kewberth has a policy where only 5 of each super rare is added per year.
  • About selling bugged items, Galantis told me I could get in trouble for selling my mistletoe lure that was for some reason named Password Ticket, but idk about other types of bugged items.
  • SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer
    >What are your policies with unplaced pets?
    No special policies

>Does the same 5 per year policy apply?
    Not necessarily.. it's a guideline for the most expensive items in the game which varies over time. So it could apply to a pet or not.

>If so ~ is there any guarantees that this number won't be over 5 per year due to Mabz returning items? From scams.... etc.
    Support items aren't included in the limits for rare items being reintroduced, however we only very very rarely add items this way. For the most part we don't do it at all. It would require a very special circumstance.

>Do you count unplaced pets as a completely different item from placed pets? I basically would like clarification on whether or not you clearly recognize unplaced pets as a collectors item.
    We don't really classify this no. But any pets we add to the game via contest etc.. would by definition be unplaced.

>Is it breaking the rules to pay somebody cubits to change their clan name? So you can claim the clan name.
    Not breaking the rules but if you do this kind of unsafe trade we can't help you if they renege on the deal.

>Is it breaking the rules to pay somebody cubits to give you their clan?
    Not right now.

>Is it breaking the rules to pay somebody cubits to use a nametag? So you can then claim their username.
    I'm not sure if this would work, but supposing it did it's not against the rules. But again it's an unsafe trade and we won't be able to help you if they just take your cubits and do nothing.

>can accounts be given away for free?
    >Can accounts be traded for items, cubits, or other ingame items?
    Technically against the rules to transfer accounts to another player under any circumstances. In practice we're not actively hunting this down, but we would discourage it. Should problems arise as a result of this the accts could be banned. So I would not recommend giving or accepting or buying or selling accounts.

> What are the specific qualifications for an item to apply to this, and how can we know once an item reaches that point? I would like a clear price range because saying "super rare" is way too vague for cc in this age.
    It's meant to protect the price of the rarest game items and to give some kind of guideline for collectors that we won't just suddenly dump hundreds of items in the game killing the value of what they bought. Trying to nail down a hard rule here is dangerous I think. Also I obviously can't make any promises if I'm no longer in charge and someone else is running the game. (like say another company bought Cubic) These sorts of rules are a guideline for collectors but not part of the ToS. So yeah it's vague, but it'll probably stay vague because I don't think there's a really easy way to solidify it as a hard rule.

> Let's say an item is added for yuletide, and it reaches those qualifications before the pack comes around again. Could we expect that this policy will still apply to it and it will not return in quantities more then 5?
    I'd say no.. don't count on this. Anything that was in a pack may return the next year.

> Beta/Magical Bushes (The ones from the original cubit store farm pack that are worth 75k+ each)
    > Monster Graves
    > Boogers
    > Slime Eggs
    > Rainbow Umbrellas

The main thing for me is to look at the game and not destroy value of very rare or exceptional items. While it's vague I would say this idea only applies to the few rarest items in the game. But either way we're not looking to flood the game with items that have rose in value with maybe the exception of seasonal packs coming back.

> Overall, can players buy/sell items brought into the game from bugs?
    We've always said this is dangerous because sometimes buggy items need to be deprecated and can vanish. So I don't really recommend this.. at least not for a large value.

>Will players be warned/banned for selling/buying unharmful bugged items like a stacked dehydrated cube, or a stacked clothing item?
    I wouldn't, but I'm not always the one deciding. However usually bans are reserved for people who harm other players or the game in some way on purpose.

> If it is not in the tos is it allowed, or are there cases when a rule is inferred?
    There are some cases where a rule may be inferred. For instance paid games are allowed but we can subjectively shut them down if we determine them to be malicious. Sometimes this will fall on a grey line where not everyone agrees, and we do our best to decide but maybe not in a way where everyone is satisfied with the answer.
    Thank you Kewb!! :)
  • what is the 5 year rule??
  • HONEY BOMBHONEY BOMB Member
    edited January 2023
  • GalaGala Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    It's more like the warp food entry fee but in tickets.. It's allowed.
    It doesn't mean it's allowed, that it's 100% not a scam.. So participate in those at your own risk.
  • WhimsicalFireflyWhimsicalFirefly Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    Any time you buy a ticket or a warp food, you are doing that at your own risk. Which means if it is a scam, you will not get your cubits back. So always use caution on any of these. Same with rentals, don't rent a plot from someone you don't trust.
  • Player said:

what is the 5 year rule??

U answered my question about it :
    U said:

Kewberth has a policy where only 5 of each super rare is added per year.