The way people use hollas

I don’t know if it’s annoying anyone else but it’s really annoying me seeing so many people be called out for “scamming” even when they didn’t. In my opinion this is becoming a bigger issue and as there is nothing preventing them from doing this apart from being muted and warned for slander which seems to only happen to me :p I suggest blocking certain words like: scammer , scammers, scamming, scam, skem, skemmer etc... as a lot of misinformation is spread just because people have had a disagreement or people just want to cause chaos and it’s being happening a lot so this is my idea for a fix whilst also addressing the issue.

Comments

• I agree with this but this can be also be bad when players scammed and other players try to warn people but it gets blocked
  • I agree with this but this can be also be bad when players scammed and other players try to warn people but it gets blocked

Whilst this is true in my opinion 90% of hollas saying someone has scammed them are fake or over littles things and even just accusing the wrong person. An example of this is when Scobby Doo was scammed PJ’s recently and blamed it on Zoxy as the scammer impersonated her but then realised it’s not Zoxy.

Also having hollas about scamming appropriates the issue among players but really mods should be warning people about scamming which they already do and furthermore it makes a toxic community an example of this is when I think yesterday? there was like 4-5 hollas from multiple people saying how when they are scammed mods do nothing and support does nothing but if things like this were banned from being said this might not have happened as a lot of the time when people holla it’s about an issue that could either be solved among players or an issue for support so if the report system was used and updated to be better outline what you need to describe.

Along with this there should be a guide outline of what criteria fits a support request and what you need to dyna when contacting support as it could minimise the amount of reports support is getting and also divert the traffic of support requests from mods to the support team simultaneously reducing the work load for mods allowing them for free time and reducing the tension between the player base and them.

PS: These ideas are probably not thought out so if you want to add to them feel free the higher people might actually consider using them and in return we get a better game!
  • I think this is a great idea. I see a lot of new players just saying everything is a scam, like mining co-ops and "nOT gETtInG a MoT sEt wHEn gRumPLe WaS gIVinG aWaY oNe". Now that a LOT players got 7.5k, they can use hollas for stupid things (notably the fake Ethira, if you know about it). However, if someone was doing an actual scam, like a rental scam, and the realm was muted, this might be a problem.
    Someone named *lets call him elmo for privacy reasons* was running a mining co-op (you know, the ones that let you pay 10c or 100c in the case of portal pandemic, his was 10c) and he was trying to hire a level 7 which when they bought the plot said "ELMO IS A SCAMMER! DO NOT BUY!". Luckily, the level 7 did not have access to hollas, but imagine if the level 7 did...
    Personally, I think way too many people are calling things that are clearly not scams, scams! For example, if you didn't win a PVP, you don't get a prize, it's not a scam (if you ever hosted a PVP I bet you know about this one)! If you didn't get something in a giveaway, and a billion other people went to it, it's not a scam, people just can't giveaway that many items.

P.S. The Ethira thing was a level 11 impersonating Ethira (which is level 40 some, I think), and started using hollas begging for a name tag, but even when people were willing to /trade the level 11 the name tag, they declined. I think Ramen' was there, maybe ILYJK or Barn', my memory sucks :p

• I think this is a great idea. I see a lot of new players just saying everything is a scam, like mining co-ops and "nOT gETtInG a MoT sEt wHEn gRumPLe WaS gIVinG aWaY oNe". Now that a LOT players got 7.5k, they can use hollas for stupid things (notably the fake Ethira, if you know about it). However, if someone was doing an actual scam, like a rental scam, and the realm was muted, this might be a problem.
    Someone named *lets call him elmo for privacy reasons* was running a mining co-op (you know, the ones that let you pay 10c or 100c in the case of portal pandemic, his was 10c) and he was trying to hire a level 7 which when they bought the plot said "ELMO IS A SCAMMER! DO NOT BUY!". Luckily, the level 7 did not have access to hollas, but imagine if the level 7 did...
    Personally, I think way too many people are calling things that are clearly not scams, scams! For example, if you didn't win a PVP, you don't get a prize, it's not a scam (if you ever hosted a PVP I bet you know about this one)! If you didn't get something in a giveaway, and a billion other people went to it, it's not a scam, people just can't giveaway that many items.

P.S. The Ethira thing was a level 11 impersonating Ethira (which is level 40 some, I think), and started using hollas begging for a name tag, but even when people were willing to /trade the level 11 the name tag, they declined. I think Ramen' was there, maybe ILYJK or Barn', my memory sucks :p

Yeah a lot of this sums up the main concerns and this is as you pointed out definitely more of an increasing issue as so many people got 7.5k but along with this you also have the situation with Oleks Prototype and Schrobins in which Oleks was attacking Schrobins for scamming but with no proof and was constantly doing hollas about it and must’ve spent an easy 6k on hollas along with some other guy who spent even more but it turned out that it was all fake and he wasn’t actually a scammer as the guy who said it was “joking” but this has now ruined his/her reputation and people generally don’t buy off of people they deem to be a scammer even if they aren’t one