Back after a long break, is this game still pay2win?

When I stopped playing a while ago, I remember that it was nearly impossible to get a decent amount of cubits without paying. Is that still how it is?

Comments

• Hey, I remember you!
    You may say that the game is pay2win, but honestly, I don't care if it is. I still have fun without a decent amount of cubits.
  • pysinopysino WA Australia Member
    edited May 2016
    Do I know you? O.o
    And some people may say it's pay2win but right now. Over 10 people can get 100k without buying cubits. Y don't need to pay2win. It's still fun
  • MoxxiechuMoxxiechu Prolly some ocean (FL.)Member
    The thing about Voxel games is there's is no "winning".

There's Building, and there's Mining, and then there's just Socializing.

Seasonal events and Player-made events (could) I guess be considered "win-able".
    (Parkours for example)

If higher levels win at these events (parkours) then that's just because perks are a great advantage.
    Luckily there's no paying when it comes to those perks. Just leveling and dedication.

Now the game-show events where you can win items, that's just chance. :P
    and maybe a small fee is the Host of that event is charging a small participation fee.
    (50c,100c, ect)

• Lucas The SpiderLucas The Spider U.K, England Member

When I stopped playing a while ago, I remember that it was nearly impossible to get a decent amount of cubits without paying. Is that still how it is?

Can't get cubits without paying, funny, I have had 650k and never spent.
  • I'm tired telling people this game is like..nothing pay to win. How is it pay to win? Do you really need like 1 million cubits to play? No! Even if you have zero c, you can still build fantastic realms by mining, building, and crafting things yourself. It just takes a little patience. Sure, cubits are important to get large amount of materials or to look better/buy rooms, but really, you don't need a ton load of cubits. Everything works in a cycle. You buy, you sell. This is game made to build, craft, mine and socialize mostly. I hope this is the last time I need to say this ._. Isn't it obvious Cubic Castles is nothing like pay to win? :-P [my opinion]
  • BJDwareBJDware Down underMember, Retired Moderator
    Never was P2W. Some people never seem to understand the concept.
    Welcome back.
  • I think he means "pay to get rich"
  • HellesHelles Member
    edited May 2016
    I made my fortune by mining/building/trading.

Never spent a single dollar.
  • elemental godelemental god The netherlandsMember
    edited May 2016
    There has probably alqays has been ways to earn c. But now its made easier with the coming of cash registers and stuff. So maybe earlier in the game is looked like pay2win but now you ask a fee for some work on the forums and you can earn easy c.

Anyways, welcome!
  • scorto7scorto7 BelgiumRetired Moderator
    Unlike all the rest here..

I say.... Welcome back to Cubic Castles.
    It's always good to see players return to the game. ;)
  • BJDwareBJDware Down underMember, Retired Moderator
    scorto7 said:

*Coughs*
    BJDware said:

Welcome back.

• YakrooYakroo Somewhere In The Milky WayMember
    BJDware said:

scorto7 said:

*Coughs*
    BJDware said:

Welcome back.

Lol
  • scorto7scorto7 BelgiumRetired Moderator
    Oops.. :D

Let me correct that...

"Unlike almost all of the others here...."

better? :D