Overworld 2.0 Suggestions

GanondalfGanondalf Member
edited September 2020 in Suggestions & Comments
I have a few suggestions:
i) (comment copy & pasted from the Overworld Update thread) Public Overworlds: I've seen some players complain that they can't place their realms on overworlds anymore, which sucks in my humble opinion, so maybe they could add in an overworld for players without their own overworlds. That way other players can browse each others contents.

ii) Shared Overworld: Give overworld owners the option to allow players to place realms in their overworlds (how many times have I said overworld, count that) which I think would be great for Clans. Just think, all members of a clan living in one place. it'd be like the long beach mall in Godfather, right?

iii) Old Map: I think the old map system should be brought back. It'll allow players to browse through other user created content easier. I remember just walking through the overworlds and entering some random realm just to see what it had. I discovered this old Jurassic Park world this way. It was awesome. I mean, the realm search thing came with the map to begin with, but maybe a "Most Popular/Visited Realms" option can be added to the map, too.

iii) Realm Details: Maybe allow players to write information about their realms, info which can be added and accessed by standing near a realm and clicking an "Add/Read Info" button or something, or just have text appear like signs. (I understand that this sorta ruins the Info Bumper ;-;)

iv) Boats: If, say, I wanted to make my overworld entirely out of water, like Waterworld or like a Sid Meier's Pirates! based world, I think it would ruin the immersion if players had to swim everywhere. So, maybe give us boats that can be used on water?

v) Weather Stamps: I think it's self-explanatory.

vi) Overworld Gate/Portal: This is basically a repositioning of the overworld search thing. There should be an overworld gate, which, when entered, would just bring us to the Overworld Search menu. I think it'd be a bit more immersive.

These are my suggestions. What do you guys think?

Comments

• Well, you can share your overworld with your friends tho, just perm them, done.
  • UU Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    Alvin! said:

Well, you can share your overworld with your friends tho, just perm them, done.

Or have them give you their deed, and you can place it for them.
  • Strike-throughed that suggestion.
    Alvin! said:

Well, you can share your overworld with your friends tho, just perm them, done.