Why to NOT start a Rental

xX_ThundahxX_Thundah Member
edited August 2020 in Community
OK, rentals are a bit famous today. So you're thinking of starting one soon, right? HAHA, don't--
Here are some reasons (also this is my opinion if you are against this please do not continue reading):

1. Waste of Money
- Owning a rentals (before opening it to people) costs a ton of money, 250 Foundation Blocks is 500c, Plus a LOT of Bumpers (200c each), Let's calculate.
500 Foundation Blocks (For 100 Plots) = 1000c
+ 100 Bumpers = 2000c

All of them is 3k (For 100 Plots tho), hollas, yes, +2000 = 5k

2. No one is even gonna rent
- Ok, NO ONE is gonna rent there. Even if you spend all of your money in hollas, the people are just gonna roam around and um, well, leave.
But if you're a mod or a popular guy, about 30-50% of the plots are gonna be sold. Make sure to have a good reputation before starting a rental lmao.

3. No one trusts you lmao
- HAHA no one trusts you (unless youre um somehow popular and stuff-) so they won't get a plot from you >:D jkjk but once i rented in a rental for free, then one of the staff there took all vends. Now no one trusts that rental (*****), good thing i took all of my vends before that happened. Ah, I wont buy any plot ever again.

If you disagree with what ive just said uhh idk lmao but ty for reading~

***** shop name removed by moderator.

Comments

• First I wanna say that I'm not here to argue or fight. I'm commenting for the sake of giving my opinion on this matter.
    I mostly agree with what you said. People find it hard to trust strangers with their items, which is obvious. They also want to make sure they can sell their items there, which is usually in the more crowded places. About p.1 , I don't think it's a waste of money at all. If you want to make profit off it, then it probably is. But if, for example, you already have a beautiful realm, you could add a few plots in to make a little extra money on the side.
    Like I said, for the most part I agree with your statements. But I truly think people should start a rental if they can find ways to gain trust and can handle the potential ''loss''.
  • *Joystick**Joystick* Member
    edited August 2020

First I wanna say that I'm not here to argue or fight. I'm commenting for the sake of giving my opinion on this matter.
    I mostly agree with what you said. People find it hard to trust strangers with their items, which is obvious. They also want to make sure they can sell their items there, which is usually in the more crowded places. About p.1 , I don't think it's a waste of money at all. If you want to make profit off it, then it probably is. But if, for example, you already have a beautiful realm, you could add a few plots in to make a little extra money on the side.
    Like I said, for the most part I agree with your statements. But I truly think people should start a rental if they can find ways to gain trust and can handle the potential ''loss''.

True, true. They just need the idea that will make you earn those profits. ^^

Yo Thunda >.> No public shaming (***** rentals thing). But in a way yes, renting for free is usually a trap. Doubt a staff member would do that but we never know. :P
  • WhimsicalFireflyWhimsicalFirefly Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator

First I wanna say that I'm not here to argue or fight. I'm commenting for the sake of giving my opinion on this matter.

True, true. They just need the idea that will make you earn those profits. ^^

Yo Thunda >.> No public shaming (***** rentals thing). But in a way yes, renting for free is usually a trap. Doubt a staff member would do that but we never know. :P
    Thunda was calling someone that worked in that shop a "staff member". I also removed the name of the shop in both messages because there is no need to call someone out like that.
  • Could it be profitable if you add your own vends?
  • xX_ThundahxX_Thundah Member
    edited January 2021
    wth happened to rental central. also bump
  • wth happened to rental central. also bump

reduced to atoms
  • I agree
    That's all I'm saying
  • Rental Central Scam was kind of Global CC scam it Became a big matter for lose of millions of coobits I had a plot too >:( F.... Also I wont blame anyone till Its not said by any admins.RIP Super rares ..
  • Did Rental Central just get free perm or something? I think that’s what I heard, idk though.
    I had a plot too, just got it the day b4 and stocked it up right away :(
  • WhimsicalFireflyWhimsicalFirefly Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator

Did Rental Central just get free perm or something? I think that’s what I heard, idk though.

If you need information on what happened in Rental Central you need to go to the realm and read the facts given by Slim.
  • Did Rental Central just get free perm or something? I think that’s what I heard, idk though.

Yes
  • That's why rentals are hot garbage if you want a shop just advertise it >:c