Permanent CC Beta

I think beta should always be there, allowing us to test things in beta before we continue on to do them in the actual game :D

Comments

• GalaGala Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    Rather not, banned players have access to the beta, and moderating both sides will be very difficult.
  • Maybe a beta but its only for single players and you can send invite links to serten people if you want more to join.
  • but beta is only there to test things, what do you need tested that requires permanent beta?
  • They should atleast open beta for 1 month so that players can find ALL bugs and it would make cc better, many people also enjoy playing beta (i do) so it would really be cool to be able to access beta anytime or have it open for 1 month.
  • CoverseCoverse Member
    edited August 2020
    yes i like farts of furys idea, a single player with ability to send invite links, that would be noice!
    And to Meepyz, beta would be cool to have for the sole purpose of testing in game ideas such as new builds and designs, and just to have fun overall!
  • To make cool builds is a fine idea, but to hang out with friends isn't the point of beta, instead, you should redo the suggestion, and suggest a private server where we get unlimited blocks to build things.
  • Farts Of FuryFarts Of Fury Member
    edited August 2020
    The invite links would be to get people to help out with your build idea
  • WhimsicalFireflyWhimsicalFirefly Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    I think what you all want is an open free play system, not a beta. Beta is for testing and what most people were doing in beta this week was not testing.
  • UU Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    edited August 2020
    galantis said:

Rather not, banned players have access to the beta, and moderating both sides will be very difficult.

Banned players Ip’s are still banned on the beta server.... and beta doesn’t have to be moderated.. it’s beta

Nobody told you that you have to moderate beta. It’s beta for a reason, you only have to moderate the live server. I don’t see why moderating should be a reason to downvote this thread. Maybe there’s a reason that I’m missing, or don’t understand, so I’ll wait to hear before I fully decide on that topic.

I think the idea of the thread is okay, and I don’t think moderating it should be a reason to put it down.
  • SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer
    There are some moderation concerns with a public beta. But anyway we don't have plans to do a full time beta like this. While I can see some advantages it's a lot of extra work for us to maintain a 3rd/4th server.
  • it would be cool to have it as a second 'gamemode' when u log onto cc. And have it be a singleplayer with option of inviting
  • No, people want a permanent meta because of the unlimited cubits.
  • WhimsicalFireflyWhimsicalFirefly Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    Since SirKewberth has responded to this I'm going to close it up.
This discussion has been closed.