News Popup

InquInqu Member
edited July 2020 in Suggestions & Comments
So, yesterday i had a conversation about one of the mod about removing RNG on upcoming pack, im kinda disaggree about it, and what he said is its because most people want to remove the RNG system, then i ask when or where they vote about that; he said its from forum.
Here is the thing.I dnt want to bring the RNG system problem here because its jst my opinion. but! When he said its from people on forum, i mean, theres probably only 5-10% of the cc player that use forum, most of em dont, and im not even sure they know its exist, with that being said, making a difference with only some people agreeing it isnt really fair,since the one who uses forum isnt the only one who play the game.
and then, we found out the problem of only few people use forum; the thing is, theres not really an introduction or like invitation for player to go to forum from the game itself. and theres where i got an idea.
the real problem here first is because the game itself didnt do well to put an important information to be seen by player, if they did well, even scam problem wont be really a thing. and the thing that i think this game needed is a news popup!
so, within some hours, i tried to make a news popup example for the game, which is can be usefull for sharing an important information to the player, u could put it anything which would be really usefull, for example tips for beginner to go to a certain realm to learn the basic thing, or to avoid scam, an update pack, or the thing that im talking about earlier, to invite people to the forum and hopefully gonna participate for the future of the game.
Since i cant put the image through edit, ill put the link below
Example 1 : https://ibb.co/5YZzGLg
Example 2 : https://ibb.co/rQWXXNs

Comments

• WhimsicalFireflyWhimsicalFirefly Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    I think you misunderstood a lot of the conversation. I did not say there was a vote on anything, I said that if you wanted to give the game developers your suggestion that the best place to do that is the forums. I explained that this is the place the community shares their ideas and how the devs know what kinds of things people want to see in the game. I'm glad you found them so you could share your idea. I think it's interesting that you saw our conversation as an argument, I didn't see it that way at all. :)
  • InquInqu Member

I think you misunderstood a lot of the conversation. I did not say there was a vote on anything, I said that if you wanted to give the game developers your suggestion that the best place to do that is the forums. I explained that this is the place the community shares their ideas and how the devs know what kinds of things people want to see in the game. I'm glad you found them so you could share your idea. I think it's interesting that you saw our conversation as an argument, I didn't see it that way at all. :)

dont worry, its jst a wording problem, i dnt feel that way too, i fixed it tho
  • InquInqu Member

and by vote i mean not as exactly vote thing, it could be someone made a thread and some ppls jst agree y'know; coz i remember u said most ppl that u know dont like the RNG system too, so i assume theyre one of some ppl that agree about removing the RNG right, its still like a vote, but not using a real vote feature
  • Alv'Alv' Member
    I totally agree with this +1
  • So you called whim a he?

+1
  • take my cookie, you deserve it +1
  • MEEPYZMEEPYZ Member
    I like those +1, but there should be a option in settings to not get these
  • InquInqu Member
    MEEPYZ said:

I like those +1, but there should be a option in settings to not get these

at first, i think so; thinking about to put disable popups on tweaks option would be a great idea; but, that would be remove the main purpose of adding a news popup; which is to not to be ignored; if they disable it, they'll likely miss the future important news somehow.
    and by adding disable for today option, i think that would be enough since all u need to do is jst 1 click everyday to not to seeing it for that day.
  • Giant_Giant_ Member
    edited July 2020
    What about a popup like quest popups, instead? Then you could have multiple tags off to the side instead of one big popup all in your face right when you login. And, in case you accidentally dismissed a popup that you want to reread, you could have one small permanent refresh button to refresh all the weekly/daily popups (to show them again)? Otherwise, if you dismiss a popup then that particular popup will never show again and/or not for 24 hour, the week, the month.

But yeah +1 for better news and stuff.