Remove floating items button will fix all shop lag issues

UU Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
edited July 2020 in Suggestions & Comments
I’ve known this for a long time because I removed them myself because I realized it fixes the lag, but now with the sky cam everyone can see that the removal of floating items removes the lag in shops. Go into a big shop like CCCC Market. Most people will lag a ton, but if you turn on sky cam the lag goes away.

So I really suggest adding a toggle button in the profile That removes floating items. It will make the game so much easier on older devices, and it’s a very basic way to fix lag.

This is also an amazing idea:

Yeah floating items are definitely a src of slow graphics on older devices. Maybe that's worth doing. I wonder if maybe just not showing them in glass cubes would be an option.

Or maybe set them like easter eggs and they only render within a X number of blocks radius
Could give options like 10-20-30 block radius :)

Comments

• Did you mean a button to hide all floating items? if yes then that would be cool
  • JuIiusJuIius Member
    +1
  • Alv'Alv' Member
    +1
  • SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer
    Yeah floating items are definitely a src of slow graphics on older devices. Maybe that's worth doing. I wonder if maybe just not showing them in glass cubes would be an option.
  • Maybe like eggs that don't move
  • ThisIsNotSlimThisIsNotSlim Member, Game Moderator

Or maybe set them like easter eggs and they only render within a X number of blocks radius

• Maybe adding a command or an option in the settings menu that would allow players to disable/enable floating animations would reduce lag while still allowing players to see dropped or glassed items.
  • UU Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator

This is genius @SirKewberth
  • U said:

Νο, what if we enter a shop and wanna check if there's something with idefybetamax thing without having to go there?
    edited June 2020

U said:

Νο, what if we enter a shop and wanna check if there's something with idefybetamax thing without having to go there?
    That’s why the title says it would be a toggle button, and in the actual post a toggle button in the profile.
  • +1!
    Bump @SirKewberth any news on this?
  • Maybe the non stocked items will have an indicator on top of the item saying how many stacks of item is in the glass while appearing in a x radius. (Just an addition to your suggestion ^^)
  • PimyddPimydd Member
    edited July 2020
    I feel like adding occlusion culling for the rendering of items would be the best way to boost performance in regards to items, I don't know if this is already done but it doesn't seem like it. If that's too much then maybe just camera space culling so objects off screen aren't rendered, I would imagine this is already implemented in some form. Simply adding a distance cap for rendering items like mentioned would also be a simpler and easier path to take.