A question to everybody who knows how to draw

In what order did you learn the fundamentals?
In what order did you learn such things as perspective and anatomy?
How did you learn those things?
How much time did you spend? (total and per day)
just asking these questions so i can hopefully earn some motivation (i will probably fail again, but why not to try)

Comments

• JuIiusJuIius Member
    I can draw on microsoft paint :D
    jk I really suck at drawing.
  • MEEPYZMEEPYZ Member
    JuIius said:

I can draw on microsoft paint :D
    jk I really suck at drawing.

Some of Julius' work
  • I used paint.NET and watched some videos. Drawing a qbee is WAY EASIER than drawing a human lol.
    for the shade you can make another layer then do Gaussian blur.
    For drawing qbees just draw a rounded square and some eyes, add shade and the accessories and youre done lol.
    Drawing stuff takes me like, 1-2 hours to make depending on what im drawing
  • I recommend Krita, it's free, easy to use and it has everything you could possibly need.
    I would show you what I drew but it keeps on saying "The file failed to upload".
  • 1. idk I've been drawing since i was very young so i dont rly remember the order
    2. I learned anotomy first before perspective though i was somehow learning both at the same time....
    3. Practice; by using rl references (such as drawing my own hand); looking up on google for references; constant doodling on notebooks; experimenting with different mediums and styles; asking other ppl for opinions (this helps a lot); observing at other ppls art (it helped aquire new styles)
    4. total is around >13 years uwu. 3-6 hrs a day on average
    5. Good luck! :D
  • Piratax10Piratax10 Member
    edited May 2020
    i love how only 1 out of 6 answers answers my questions, thanks tho!

I recommend Krita, it's free, easy to use and it has everything you could possibly need.
    I would show you what I drew but it keeps on saying "The file failed to upload".

recommending me a software when i don't even draw is pointless tho, you would need to first learn to draw with a pencil and then later get a drawing tablet....
  • FwifyFwify Member
    You can just watch youtube and keep on practicing if you dont hvae someone to teach you one on one. Plus a good advince is find someome you can get inspiration from like a professional artist or someone in your family who is great at drawing. And my time spent is like the rest of my life time haha
  • TurtleShadowTurtleShadow Member
    edited May 2020
    Practice makes perfect! Look into Google image references, and watch some yt drawing tips. And discover what style you enjoy drawing; anime, realistic, cartoon, etc.
    Also, I recommend you practice on traditional first before digital. We all started out on traditional :3
  • Piratax10 said:

i love how only 1 out of 6 answers answers my questions, thanks tho!

I recommend Krita, it's free, easy to use and it has everything you could possibly need.

recommending me a software when i don't even draw is pointless tho, you would need to first learn to draw with a pencil and then later get a drawing tablet....
    I use my finger because I have a touchscreen laptop. I recommend you do that. :V
  • practice drawing using a mouse :)) you'll get better every drawing lol.

• 1. Can't remember exactly. Probably proportions first.
    2. I learned bone structure and proportions/anatomy first, mostly of animals. .. Kind of all at the same time.
    3. I drew dragons everywhere because I loved them at the time (they weren't very good at first). I just doodled them every where and any time I had paper and pencil. I also started to practice bones and how they fit together. I practiced and now whenever I draw animals I do the bones first usually. I self taught myself, just with doodles and patience. It also REALLY helps to look off other art. You notice things they did that you never would have thought doing, but looks execellent in the finished picture.
    4. Any time I had time I would draw something random - squid tentacles, a person's head, a foot, a horse, anything I felt like doing. I never really set a time and set about practicing drawing. Sometimes I did, but it never lasted long(maybe 30minutes). Most of my practice just comes from doodling so often.

Hope this helps, I tried..
  • 1. I'll admit, I haven't been actively, consciously learning stuff. As in, I haven't really done much 'proper' work on the fundamentals because I draw whenever the fancy takes me. It isn't something I plan on doing very seriously in the future, just fun, I guess?
    2. Observation. I'm currently trying to properly learn anatomy, but observation should be the first thing you learn.
    3. Drawing on a whim every now and then.
    4. Can't say. Sometimes I'll draw for up to 2 hours a day, other times I'll procrastinate for weeks on end. Scheduling is hard.
  • SarcoSarco Member
    1. Not even sure what the fundamentals are :/
    2. I haven't lol
    3. Generally just drawing / practicing and following a bunch of artists and a few 'tutorial' pages on Ig
    4. I try doing 1 drawing a day. Bot sure how lomg i spend on them though.. 2hrs+