Let players know why they were banned.

I have seen hundreds upon hundreds of discussions of people screaming about why they got banned, and every single time they're told to contact support.
Why not just add a message when they're banned?

Comments

• edited May 2020
    +1, I think this would be useful for the players who are confused as to why. It will stop people from making the same mistakes as they did.
  • DoodleDogDoodleDog Member
    edited May 2020
    Yeah it's the same for warnings so why not implement it for bans too.
    +1
  • SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer
    We do let people know. And they usually get warnings first.
  • Graceful ThunderGraceful Thunder Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    Several of the people who angrily DM me on Discord saying they were "banned for no reason" never actually go to support, because they know why they were banned.
  • We do let people know. And they usually get warnings first.

It's best to let them know why they were banned as well as quote what they said (if they swore or insulted someone) so that they don't have a reason to say they did nothing.
  • Profile->Warnings
  • scorto7scorto7 BelgiumRetired Moderator
    As SirKewberth already said.
    Before getting banned there is usually at least 2 warnings.

I must say that there are also many people who think they did nothing wrong even if they did and thus say "why did i get banned?" "I did nothing wrong?!" and thereby giving the impression they got banned without prior notice which is not the case.

If i can i would answer a person who asked why they got banned/muted. Usually depending whether i am able to access the info needed to answer them. If i can't i refer them to either another mod(if there is one available) or to support. Referring someone to support usually means that support is more likely to help them with their problem/questions then we are.
  • scorto7 said:

I must say that there are also many people who think they did nothing wrong even if they did and thus say "why did i get banned?" "I did nothing wrong?!" and thereby giving the impression they got banned without prior notice which is not the case.

If i can i would answer a person who asked why they got banned/muted. Usually depending whether i am able to access the info needed to answer them. If i can't i refer them to either another mod(if there is one available) or to support. Referring someone to support usually means that support is more likely to help them with their problem/questions then we are.

Somebody said they contacted support and support ignore them
  • scorto7 said:

The Support Team didn't ignore them, they have thousands of emails everyday and they can't answer them all in a day. They're trying their best.
  • scorto7scorto7 BelgiumRetired Moderator

scorto7 said:

you said it yourself.... somebody, not everyone.
    I can't say why that happens to those few people, i really can't say. I am also not gonna make the list of possible reasons why they did not get a message or why they did not see their message from support. That is best answered by those who deal with it(if they want to answer).
  • SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer
    A lot of people who have don't get an answer either...

1) opened the ticket wrong (ie they never actually opened a ticket)
    2) missed the reply because it went to their spam folder

Those are the main two reasons.
  • JuIiusJuIius Member

I completely forgot about the warning system, but they could at least go to support instead of making a discussion in all caps lol.
  • JuIius said:

I completely forgot about the warning system, but they could at least go to support instead of making a discussion in all caps lol.
    Yes but when you are banned without other previous offenses, you see ‘you have been banned’ when you log in. It doesn’t give any reason for the ban. Which it should.
  • JuIiusJuIius Member
    edited May 2020
    But maybe they should be told why. For example: If I’m randomly banned for an offense I did 3 years ago how am I supposed to know what I did
  • JuIius said:

But maybe they should be told why. For example: If I’m randomly banned for an offense I did 3 years ago how am I supposed to know what I did

I don't think they would accept a report that old in the first place
  • I feel like they should go back to the old ban system. Putting the user in jail, muted, and unable to leave. Maybe have some modifications such as, they cannot open Cubit Store, they cannot modify their inventory, they cannot access any popups (because in the past banned users would trade via toilets or trashcans).

Because there is a feature still when u are muted if u go there it tells u how long and why I believe, so maybe anytime they login, it says how long and why.

The jail should also just be muted indefinitely to avoid people making fun of banned users as that has happened before.

I think the jail feature was very unique and cool.
  • lucaaa795lucaaa795 Potatoe's worldMember
    There is no feature on muting system. You just hope its 24h or less.
  • lucaaa795 said:

Oh, I thought I saw a post where someone mentioned that they entered the jail and it showed them, could have been mistaking. Oh well, my point still stands.
  • PlayerPlayer Member

lucaaa795 said:

Oh, I thought I saw a post where someone mentioned that they entered the jail and it showed them, could have been mistaking. Oh well, my point still stands.
    Nah you were right, someone I know went there to check how long their mute had left
  • Da VinciiDa Vincii Member
    edited May 2020

The warning was sent to me very late. I've only have seen this warning today when I logged in( I talked to Mabz and he unbanned me) I didn't receive the warning before I got banned. If I have seen the warning first I would have not lost the items in Pens and I wouldn't have made the discussion and I would've just waited for Mabz's response. I will talk to Mabz about this.
    Player said:

lucaaa795 said:

Nah you were right, someone I know went there to check how long their mute had left
    You have any proofs? Because this has to be a new thing and while it makes sense, it's not something I'd bet on that it's a thing.
  • lucaaa795 said:

Player said:

lucaaa795 said:

You have any proofs? Because this has to be a new thing and while it makes sense, it's not something I'd bet on that it's a thing.
    I knew I was right, yeah its a thing.
  • Da Vincii said:

The warning was sent to me very late. I've only have seen this warning today when I logged in( I talked to Mabz and he unbanned me) I didn't receive the warning before I got banned. If I have seen the warning first I would have not lost the items in Pens and I wouldn't have made the discussion and I would've just waited for Mabz's response. I will talk to Mabz about this.
    That looks like a neglected warning. You can't even read it.
    edited May 2020
    Since nobody had the courage to test it/actual proof to post anything, I got myself some proof of how this current "check muting time system" works
    Basically it's broken and there isn't much of it anyway.
    This screenshot attached sums it up.
    Not adjusted at all for mutes, as it is basically ripped off the previous banning system.
    Therefore, I stick with my opinion that there is no such thing as an actual way to check informations about your mute. Just a timer that doesn't do much. The reason is not given, and the entire UI is just messy and broken as azimuth has observed above.
    I am aware that the OC stated about bans, but I had to end the one about the muting system and how broken it is.
    FYI: Screenshot taken from a trusted source. That's exactly how it looks like.
  • UU Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    edited May 2020
    lucaaa795 said:

Since nobody had the courage to test it/actual proof to post anything, I got myself some proof of how this current "check muting time system" works
    Basically it's broken and there isn't much of it anyway.
    This screenshot attached sums it up.
    Not adjusted at all for mutes, as it is basically ripped off the previous banning system.
    Therefore, I stick with my opinion that there is no such thing as an actual way to check informations about your mute. Just a timer that doesn't do much. The reason is not given, and the entire UI is just messy and broken as azimuth has observed above.
    I am aware that the OC stated about bans, but I had to end the one about the muting system and how broken it is.
    FYI: Screenshot taken from a trusted source. That's exactly how it looks like.

I guess I can check with a different length mute later.