New Overworld Update

A new game update has recently been announced that will change Overworld. In fact it is being tested in the beta version of the game. However I have a question.
Does anyone know when this update will be released to the game? Will COVID-19 delay the arrival of the long-awaited update?
If anyone can solve this question, please. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Alv'Alv' Member
    We don't know, but I'm pretty sure it's coming this year.
  • I really want to get it out there, I have to repeat Alvin. Only the devs know. I don't think they're going to announce it either, we just have to play the waiting game.
  • I hope it will arrive this year. It seems amazing!
  • Alv'Alv' Member
    edited April 2020
    -Deleted-
  • I'm impatient for the update's arrive!
  • Yeah, there is no telling when the updates are being released. When testing in the beta server a bunch of testers and I discovered a lot of bugs. Some minor, some major. Once they fix all of those bugs and issues. We were testing the new networking, not the overworld update. But networking touches everything so it was needed. I assume after all the issues we found in the beta server are fixed, we will have the overworld update.. but I feel they are still adding stuff to the overworld because it felt a little incomplete, like a few things were missing.
  • SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer
    'Dragon' said:
    Clearly an error on my part. But at the time we planned to release it much sooner. I learned my lesson on mentioning new stuff too early there.
  • Yeah, there is no telling when the updates are being released. When testing in the beta server a bunch of testers and I discovered a lot of bugs. Some minor, some major. Once they fix all of those bugs and issues. We were testing the new networking, not the overworld update. But networking touches everything so it was needed. I assume after all the issues we found in the beta server are fixed, we will have the overworld update.. but I feel they are still adding stuff to the overworld because it felt a little incomplete, like a few things were missing.

I think that if things go well and there are no mistakes, no one will care about the time that passes
  • I only have one more question about the update. I already know that Overworld can be bought, because they will be like Realms (something similar). Does that mean that we will also have something like a Starter Overworld, which they give us directly, or will they all be paid?
  • I only have one more question about the update. I already know that Overworld can be bought, because they will be like Realms (something similar). Does that mean that we will also have something like a Starter Overworld, which they give us directly, or will they all be paid?

In the beta there were no such “Starter Overworlds” so i’m assuming no. That may change in the release because beta servers are just testing grounds, anything can change there.

i wouldn’t count on it though.
  • SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer

I only have one more question about the update. I already know that Overworld can be bought, because they will be like Realms (something similar). Does that mean that we will also have something like a Starter Overworld, which they give us directly, or will they all be paid?

We see it as something for players who already have many realms or a clan or some specific reason to create an Overworld. It isn't something I think every player should have or want necessarily. Here are some scenarios where I think players might want an overworld...

1) They already have 10-20 realms they made over a few years and they want to create an overworld which showcases all their builds

2) They have a clan and they want an overworld that showcases all the realms of clan members

We see it as something for players who already have many realms or a clan or some specific reason to create an Overworld. It isn't something I think every player should have or want necessarily. Here are some scenarios where I think players might want an overworld...

1) They already have 10-20 realms they made over a few years and they want to create an overworld which showcases all their builds

2) They have a clan and they want an overworld that showcases all the realms of clan members

Okay, thank you for the information :)