Event Testers

Marlboro ManMarlboro Man Member
edited April 2020 in General Chat
Advantage

The advantages of having event testers verified by people who make the events such as @Space_fetus , usually if there is any event including raceways or Parkour there is someone who usually finds some sort of exploit and uses it to advantage and ruins the fun for everyone, which is the reason some players do not participate in events cause of how some people just cant do events correctly. I understand that there is a lot to complain about and everything. but having fun destroyed by one player is stupid.... Therefore event testers come in hand. They dont need any special power or anything just official event staff members that find any cheats possible to lower the possibility of cheats. Making events somewhat impossible to exploit. Like I said in comments there will ofc be some pros and cons.

only takes one turd to clog the toilet

Update

Comments

• +1 I would like to participate in this if it becomes official.
  • I’ll test any events for free c:
  • 'Dragon' said:

I’ll test any events for free c:

I'd like to see you tests events lol
  • mi :D!
  • ThisIsNotSlimThisIsNotSlim Member, Game Moderator
    'Dragon' said:

I’ll test any events for free c:

I second that motion :D

• +8999 so you can't say it's over 9000
  • It’s a bueno idea.
  • +89734983
  • +42069 funny number!!!1!!1!1!!1!
  • +1
  • Pete.Pete. Member
    +1
  • A lot of people would be willing to do it and if they need the help i'm sure a lot would oblige, +1
  • Oh boy, I would love to flex my shiny, epic, cool, awesome, perfect, golden badge in everyone's faces.

Bad jokes aside, I would like to participate.
  • lucaaa795lucaaa795 Potatoe's worldMember
    edited April 2020
    Unpopular opinion: -1
    It would only make it more messy, plus even with 30 such "event testers" I can guarantee you that shortcuts/cheats will still be found when the event is opened for all.
    Also, these "testers" would know the event by heart by the time it's open for all. They should not be able to participate and race for the grand prize, if anything alike will happen. And then, the leaks that would come with such changes, old beta feelings anyone? The more "testers" we'd get, the greater the chances of leaks happening.
    It is unfortunate to see such things happening, yes, but it is what it is, we need to get used to exploits/cheats/shortcuts being found all around us, and with people exploiting them gaining fame, rank or for their own phyisical gain (cubits and whatnot) at the expense of ruining the fun for the others. Has happened before, has happened recently, has happened now, and will keep happening. Life is not fair, nor is cubic.
  • edited April 2020
    lucaaa795 said:

It would only make it more messy, plus even with 30 such "event testers" I can guarantee you that shortcuts/cheats will still be found when the event is opened for all.
    Also, these "testers" would know the event by heart by the time it's open for all. They should not be able to participate and race for the grand prize, if anything alike will happen. And then, the leaks that would come with such changes, old beta feelings anyone? The more "testers" we'd get, the greater the chances of leaks happening.
    It is unfortunate to see such things happening, yes, but it is what it is, we need to get used to exploits/cheats/shortcuts being found all around us, and with people exploiting them gaining fame, rank or for their own phyisical gain (cubits and whatnot) at the expense of ruining the fun for the others. Has happened before, has happened recently, has happened now, and will keep happening. Life is not fair, nor is cubic.

The discussion never stated how many people had to do it, maybe even 2/3 people and as an effect, those people wouldn't be able to participate in the event, that should be their decision. That would have to be something someone applying or wanting to be would have to consider are the downfalls of the rank. Of course, there would still maybe be some, I say that freely, faults but people testing the events would put the percentage of that chance down. There are always ways around ideas! Like the wiki page or moderating position, there are requirements and always things you need to consider if you are going to accept the job. People wanting to event test might have to consider not actually doing the event when it's live.
  • lucaaa795 said:

This is why I suggested players who are TRUSTED by the administration Or trusted by the Event Director. And I do agree that people who test shouldn’t participate. But im sure the people who volunteer to be an official event tester wouldn’t mind not participating in the event. And of course there would probably have to be a set age limit for those who want to take advantage of there rank and get paid to set up cheat for there friends to win. And these testers shouldn’t need permissions. This will however unlock a new section on the staff team. And will probably need a head for this part of the staff team. But! None the less there are of course should be set some pros and cons for these testers.
    Pros would be ofc Having an official rank and being a staff member already. Wouldn’t have permissions in these realms. That way they couldn’t rig the Events.
    Cons would be cant participate in any official events and can never win even if played.

If not having new people to become testers then maybe adding a new rank for the moderators to choose. Moderators can keep there mouths shut.

Like I said they can be official staff members of the game. But I believe shouldn’t get any power. I understand that things aren’t fair but when you have a player who worked hard for 1st place in anything just for one person to ruin it all is complete bullcrap. Why even try if these things continue.
  • -Bump-
  • edited April 2020
    Spent some time on photoshop, here could be an example:

• Spent some time on photoshop, here could be an example:

I don't think he meant it to be an official rank to test events, just a thing you do for the fun of it and to help out.

That still looks amazing though ;)
  • Player said:

Spent some time on photoshop, here could be an example:

I don't think he meant it to be an official rank to test events, just a thing you do for the fun of it and to help out.

That still looks amazing though ;)
    I just wanted to bring out my inner-creativity and that's what was birthed.

Well lol, I guess if the admins do decide to “add this idea” you can shine your tag with the official event tester tag I suppose lol, nice photoshopping maybe grab the same text for “mod” and put Tester

Well lol, I guess if the admins do decide to “add this idea” you can shine your tag with the official event tester tag I suppose lol, nice photoshopping maybe grab the same text for “mod” and put Tester
    Well, I did try to make it looks similar, I used the #blamehorus tag as a template. I'm not saying these people would need a tag, I was feeling artistic - if you will.

Well, I did try to make it looks similar, I used the #blamehorus tag as a template. I'm not saying these people would need a tag, I was feeling artistic - if you will.
    Yeah ofc.