sooooo what about the NULL?

elemental godelemental god The netherlandsMember
edited April 2020 in General Chat
soit has been already been quite some time since the NULL hat has been deleted from the game

(for new players the NULL hat was a hat that people obtained using a glitch back in the day and when weared it would change every step you did and it changed every time into a different hat, including ones that werent even in the packs yet)

but i have been wondering quite some time already, since it has been deleted now already, could i maybe ask how the NULL hat came into existence?

Comments

• The null is an actual item that has a value of 182 in the clothing value address list. I’m assuming something went wrong which mistakenly assigned a clothing item the value of 182.
  • lucaaa795lucaaa795 Potatoe's worldMember
    It does not have a texture nor a model. So it takes them randomly might have been something with it in theory but it ended up being something of a mess
    'Dragon' said:

The null is an actual item that has a value of 182 in the clothing value address list. I’m assuming something went wrong which mistakenly assigned a clothing item the value of 182.

• 'Dragon''Dragon' Member
    edited April 2020
    lucaaa795 said:

It does not have a texture nor a model. So it takes them randomly might have been something with it in theory but it ended up being something of a mess

'Dragon' said:

The null is an actual item that has a value of 182 in the clothing value address list. I’m assuming something went wrong which mistakenly assigned a clothing item the value of 182.

Yes, but it’s an actual item with an assigned value.

Normal values that have no texture or model do nothing. This specific item is an actual item.
  • HispanoHispano Member
    edited April 2020
    The null, is still can be obtained with external powers as you can see from that guy.

(I would love to see that hat back in the game)
  • Hispano said:

The null, is still can be obtained with external powers as you can see from that guy.

The hat isnt even suppose to exist anymore, i would not want to see it back.

I'm assuming the hat in the video is just client side and it isnt really there.
  • lucaaa795lucaaa795 Potatoe's worldMember
    Anything the """"hacker""""" does in these youtube videos with brand new/unreleased items is client-sided
  • lucaaa795 said:

Anything the """"hacker""""" does in these youtube videos with brand new/unreleased items is client-sided

As i mentioned above. "External Powers"
  • Player in that video be like:

Bouncy bouncy bouncy
  • Kn1ght4nd3r50nKn1ght4nd3r50n Member, Game Moderator
    Not have people who have the hat, but it remains an item in the files, being possible to see only with cheats.
  • It was a fasinating hat, I had one(as many of you may or may not know.) here’s the photo for proof
  • It was a fasinating hat, I had one(as many of you may or may not know.) here’s the photo for proof

I would like to buy one , how much you sell it for ?

*facepalm*

Since it’s a glitched item, it’s practically worthless(meaning selling it is against the rules(it would count as taking advantage of a glitchy) plus I lost mine somewhere ages ago.

key word:
    'was'
  • How many NULLs were there? I remember someone saying there were 3, but I'm starting to think that there were more.
  • Sir GideonSir Gideon Member
    edited April 2020
    Hispano said:

Nice. Feels like you own and not own all the hats in the game at the same time.
  • 'Dragon''Dragon' Member
    edited April 2020

It was a fasinating hat, I had one(as many of you may or may not know.) here’s the photo for proof

Since it’s a glitched item, it’s practically worthless(meaning selling it is against the rules(it would count as taking advantage of a glitchy) plus I lost mine somewhere ages ago.
    Selling bugged items aren't against the rules. We had a huge forums discussion years ago about selling bugged items and kewbs response was that its not recommended. That carried over to people selling stacked dehydrated cubes and item pets without any bans and/or warnings.

Here you go:
    https://forums2.cubiccastles.com/index.php?p=/discussion/23841/make-owning-bugged-items-illegal/p1