Information on Account Hackers and What to do.

CoolGuyBossCoolGuyBoss Member
edited April 2020 in General Chat
Edit 4/23/30: Please do not go on the website and putting in some alt account or random words or phrases into the login section of the fake forums. If its an alt account that you give and they log onto it, the IPs become tangled and if they get banned you will get banned on your main account as well. The website may also be an IP grabber.

Account hackers/scammers have been sparking in interest lately, assuming its because of quarantine that they know about 1,000 users will be on at all time. Easy victims.

What to look out for:
Random people asking you if you have discord, instagram, or any social media account.
Random people DMing you on said social medias and saying "Someone said you called them *this*" and then linking a forums website.
"Free Mod, Cubits, or Levels" clients or websites.
Random people adding you telling you to go to your realm.

How to prevent these conmen and their scams:
Stop accepting friend requests from everyone. (Yes this one is hard and may be a habit to accept any friend request, but these days you never know who is or isnt hacked.)
Always make sure its the correct Cubic Castles websites. There is no login screen on the main page. Only on the forums.
Never click any links, applications, or videos sent by anyone. They could be used to get into your system and data grab you.

What to do if you've been hacked:
The second you realize your account has been compromised, Contact support here - https://cubiccastles.com/contact.html
After you've contacted support and explained the situation in a mature manner, try and contact a Moderator to ban your account to prevent any "free buildings" or "giveaways" from happening.

(I did this whenever my account got hacked and it prevented majority of my stuff to be given away. I don't 100% guarantee this will work/happen, but you should always try.)

Please use this thread and take note from what is mentioned. If you feel I've forgotten a point, please don't hesitate to comment below and let me know, I'll edit the thread and add it in.

And also, always play safe. Mods and Admins will NEVER ask for you account details, they don't need them.

Comments

• +1 All Info Above Is Correct And If And When It Does Happen To You When It Should Not If Using This Thread Contact Mods And Don't Run About In-Game And Scream I've Been Hacked And Please Give Me Stuff As You Have Not Been Hacked You Have Been Scammed By Giving Your Acc And Password To A Scammer Through A Scripted Fake Website!!!!
  • +1 All Info Above Is Correct And If And When It Does Happen To You When It Should Not If Using This Thread Contact Mods And Don't Run About In-Game And Scream I've Been Hacked And Please Give Me Stuff As You Have Not Been Hacked You Have Been Scammed By Giving Your Acc And Password To A Scammer Through A Scripted Fake Website!!!!

Also This Scares Other Players By Doing This So Plz Just Follow This Thread If You Are Unsure About Anything
  • I don't even hesitate to give items to those people who say they've been invaded,each one looks for what they want,usually they dig their own grave when they go to websites to get cubits or anything else without being deserved in the game,I tell people millions of times that this is someone trying to pass a coup,but they inssist and end up being invaded,great discussion,I'm sure it will help a lot of people not to be invaded and if they know what to do.
  • Account hackers/scammers have been sparking in interest lately, assuming its because of quarantine that they know about 1,000 users will be on at all time. Easy victims.

What to look out for:
    Random people asking you if you have discord, instagram, or any social media account.
    Random people DMing you on said social medias and saying "Someone said you called them *this*" and then linking a forums website.
    "Free Mod, Cubits, or Levels" clients or websites.
    Random people adding you telling you to go to your realm.

How to prevent these conmen and their scams:
    Stop accepting friend requests from everyone. (Yes this one is hard and may be a habit to accept any friend request, but these days you never know who is or isnt hacked.)
    Always make sure its the correct Cubic Castles websites. There is no login screen on the main page. Only on the forums.
    Never click any links, applications, or videos sent by anyone. They could be used to get into your system and data grab you.

What to do if you've been hacked:
    The second you realize your account has been compromised, Contact support here - https://cubiccastles.com/contact.htmp
    After you've contacted support and explained the situation in a mature manor, try and contact a Moderator to ban your account to prevent any "free buildings" or "giveaways" from happening.

(I did this whenever my account got hacked and it prevented majority of my stuff to be given away. I don't 100% guarantee this will work/happen, but you should always try.)

Please use this thread and take note from what is mentioned. If you feel I've forgotten a point, please don't hesitate to comment below and let me know, I'll edit the thread and add it in.

And also, always play safe. Mods and Admins will NEVER ask for you account details, they don't need them.

+1
    This is super helpful for those who dont know about this type of stuff, especially new players.
    Maybe CC can create a choice for a 2FA for the game, but it'll be too much work.
    Also i saw your current hollas in-game
  • CoolGuyBossCoolGuyBoss Member
    edited April 2020
    Hopefully this thread teaches everyone about what these conmen do. It's upsetting the amount of people who have been affected, if I can help limit it, of course I will.

+1
    This is super helpful for those who dont know about this type of stuff, especially new players.
    Maybe CC can create a choice for a 2FA for the game, but it'll be too much work.
    Also i saw your current hollas in-game

Kewberth said in the long run he will most likely add it. He may not add it instantly, but it will come.
  • BUMP! Its still relevant.
  • This needs to be an announcement!
  • MEEPYZ said:

This needs to be an announcement!

Only if the admins and Forum Moderators think so, I won't go protesting to them to make it an announcement.

I do agree though, marking as an announcement would make it more noticeable by everyone.
  • Kewberth has already made announcements.
  • MEEPYZ said:

This needs to be an announcement!

Yes, there are a lot of other announcements by Kewberth and other players about this.
    Apart from that, I think this thread is very well-put-together and well done.
  • Yeah thats true. There are a lot of announcements.