NEW STRATEGY OF SCAMMERS!!

I was in my realm minding my own business when I recieved a friend request from "Noobastic". He told me that someone caught me in a video trying to trick someone into selling me rares for a low price. I don't recall any of this events but I was still curious.

He asked me if I have a discord account so he can tell me more about the issue. I told him that I have and I added him (his nametag is Cracker#1900). After that, he told me that I was in exposed in the forums instead of youtube. I hurriedly check the forums to see if this is true.

I had a hard time finding it but then he asked if I want a direct link into it. That's when I know something is wrong because the link he said is obviously the link to the fake forums use to scam and hack people's account.

Just wanted to share my experience and give knowledge to those who are still not aware about this.

Don't give out your account information to anyone and always remember that the forums site ends with a ".com" not ".net".

Comments

• Good thing you didnt fall for this trap and manage to get a little bit of info on this dude behind this (there can be more tho)

is there anyway this Noobastic player be tracked to see his/her activity or smtn? any alts or log in info? theres not enough proof about this guy
  • woah thats a close one, great u didn't fall for it
  • this type of scam is becoming more and more common in the game, every time I see some holla of people talking about websites and etc ... but this is the first time that I see this type of scam ... this until somehow it was good to be aware of this new "way" of deceiving people, play carefully and try to inform someone superior to us in the game.
  • CrepusCrepus Member
    edited April 2020
    This guy too. He promptly deleted the link after the jig was up.

Edit: The link in the above post is the same like he gave me.
  • Noob told me to go to my realm and threatened me to that he was going to hack me and then he said to watch out cause i will get hacked.

Be aware of their tricks and avoid them. That’s why i’ve completely turned off friend requests and will no longer be adding anyone.
  • A player added me and asked if I had discord and Instagram( apparently I must be a dinosaur because I don’t) now after reading that I’m wondering if they were going to try something. After I said no to both they promptly deleted me
  • This is literally just you reporting a scam.
  • Some guy came up to me in pens and told me someone was after me, he told me he was someone I knew and that he would tell me later, he asked me for my discord and tried to friend me

I got suspicious so I made a server and invited him instead of friending, he then shared to me a link to a fake forums I told them to just tell me but then they started cursing and deleted the link to the fake forums.
  • Xd once I was in lobby and someone told me that I was being rude to them on discord and that they were gonna try to get me banned and that they sent a link to me on discore showing the report and I was like

I DON'T EVEN HAVE DISCORD XD

the guy left xd
  • Yup that cracker in the discord is the one who hacked my account