Whim's Community Market - Update on shop closing!

WhimsicalFireflyWhimsicalFirefly Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
edited April 2020 in General Chat
The market is closed for a while. I'm going to be opening it tomorrow but it might just be for people to collect their items. I'm considering closing it for good. I will let you all know the status tomorrow. For those that have plots in there, your items are safe and you will be able to get to them soon.

Comments

• You deserve a break, you’ve been pricing 500+ vends every day for months.
  • JuIius said:

You deserve a break, you’ve been pricing 500+ vends every day for months.

I agree. I think it is time for a close down for a while.
  • oh no! >:O I really liked this shop. But you do deserve a break. I'd be glad to see it open again at some point. :D
  • WhimsicalFireflyWhimsicalFirefly Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    Keeping up with pricing 500-600 vends every day is taking up too much of my time. I cannot think of a way to continue that I am comfortable with so I have decided to close the shop permanently. I never say never because you don't know what the future brings but I have no plans to reopen or start another rental shop.

If you have a plot in there you can get in now to get your items. I've placed everything under glass on your plot except for the vends with cubits. I left those for you to pull so you can easily get your cubits. I plan to lock the realm May 1st or sooner depending on how quickly people clear the plots. I left a warp cookie on each plot. If you eat it there is a message from me with more information.

Thanks to everyone who has made Whim's Community Market so successful! I've enjoyed running it but I'm looking forward to more free time to enjoy the game. Maybe now I can hunt some eggs to help save Bunnyzilla!
  • ThisIsNotSlimThisIsNotSlim Member, Game Moderator
    @WhimsicalFirefly

Why not ask @SirKewberth if there is a possibility of finally getting vends to be set when they are placed instead of after. Then the plots owners could set them..

I cannot remember if there was a specific reason why they have to be set after placed or not.. I know that it has been brought up before though..

• Keeping up with pricing 500-600 vends every day is taking up too much of my time. I cannot think of a way to continue that I am comfortable with so I have decided to close the shop permanently. I never say never because you don't know what the future brings but I have no plans to reopen or start another rental shop.

If you have a plot in there you can get in now to get your items. I've placed everything under glass on your plot except for the vends with cubits. I left those for you to pull so you can easily get your cubits. I plan to lock the realm May 1st or sooner depending on how quickly people clear the plots. I left a warp cookie on each plot. If you eat it there is a message from me with more information.

Thanks to everyone who has made Whim's Community Market so successful! I've enjoyed running it but I'm looking forward to more free time to enjoy the game. Maybe now I can hunt some eggs to help save Bunnyzilla!

Thanks for keeping the shop up for so long! Hopefully we will get a feature where we can price our own ends on plots, but if not, it was fun while it lasted.
  • WhimsicalFireflyWhimsicalFirefly Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator

@WhimsicalFirefly

Why not ask @SirKewberth if there is a possibility of finally getting vends to be set when they are placed instead of after. Then the plots owners could set them..

I cannot remember if there was a specific reason why they have to be set after placed or not.. I know that it has been brought up before though..

That's been requested multiple times and if I remember correctly he said he was going to check in to it. IF that change is ever made I would consider reopening. I could even do multiple realms if people could price their own vends. Maybe some day.....

• It's a shame to read but a break is well deserved :)
  • Tyndale said:

Keeping up with pricing 500-600 vends every day is taking up too much of my time. I cannot think of a way to continue that I am comfortable with so I have decided to close the shop permanently. I never say never because you don't know what the future brings but I have no plans to reopen or start another rental shop.

Thanks for keeping the shop up for so long! Hopefully we will get a feature where we can price our own ends on plots, but if not, it was fun while it lasted.
    Oh hell yes. This would be THE best opportunity to implement this (or at least deliver a proper reason for why not.). It would solve all problems on this spectrum.

@SirKewberth
  • Thanks for the great and safe rental space Whim! I know it took a lot of yours and Julius' time. Appreciate all the hard work to keep it going this long and providing all of us a nice hang out as well a classy shopping / selling experience!
This discussion has been closed.