Some Suggestions

TacticalthTacticalth Member
edited April 2020 in Community
First of all wanted to talk about the developer diaries, i really enjoyed the series and would love to see it come back

Some suggestions from the people:

HONEY BOMB:
First thing you have to do is put some old limited decos into a pack and make it costs 500c . I hate to say that some cool old easter decos didn't come back , big teddy could never be found on Valentine pack anymore , my inv is already full when i just bought 2 or 3 times of thanksgiving pack . Man , we get every new 15 clothing and decos for every new seasonal pack , and they are getting larger and larger from year to years . Thanksgiving pack is full and heavy last year . And sad to see some cheap clothing cheap deco didn't come back .

Seasonal packs are getting larger and larger , why not put 15 decos to a pack called ' Deco pack 1 ' at a ' Theme ' called ' Easter ' which may contain . And cheap themed clothing to a pack called ' Clothing pack 1 ' which may contain rarer clothing . Don't worry , the super rares will only available at limited seasonal packs . Once the limited one is gone the rarest thingy will be gone unless you put them in events so you have no stress about the prices of luxury . Why do we separate clothing and deco ? Well builder can't get their build done without having an abundance of certain deco . Some builder need massive amount of certain deco so will happen to buy lots of deco pack . I feel bad when seeing somebody who trashed decos because they only want to have clothing , while some builder have no enough decos to build , So this is absolutely is as needed . You think no one is gonna buy ? As i stated above , you get random 15 decos from the pack and lucky player may get rare deco such as egg flower , kissing booth , cornucopia etc ...... for clothing pack lucky player may get only rarer like spider umb , but no super rares so they won't affect the prices that bad .The price may be 1k for clothing pack (not sure how much you want to set) and you get only 1 clothing per purchase .

With the thing i stated above you have more space to fill those new 15 clothing and 15 decos .
You add ' X pack 1 ' to ' Season ' when passed 1 year , add ' X pack 2 ' to ' Season ' when passed next year and so on , the limited seasonal packs won't be heavy and have standard space to put new stuffs .

Give you an example:All old summer decos go to ' Deco pack 1 '(limited pack one ) (Maybe need to have 2 packs for deco) to ' Theme ' called ' Summer ' . and it costs 500c . For clothing pack of summer , Super rares like Uv shades will not be back in ' Theme ' but may be from events . You get rarer like diving helmet , Hawaiian shirts , Black bikini , Hairy guy on the beach only , and the cheap one are common swimsuits . There is a special pack called ' 2018 Lots ' and i see no need to separate them , the price will stay the same as 1.5k which was 2018 summer lots's price . You will get random 1 of those 19 items per purchase

Addition:1 of the new 15 clothing will be a super rare , and there is a possbile common super rare like black umbrella to allure player to spend.

Kewbin:
I agree that the UI needs a serious rework. At current state most of the UI windows are pure text, no images, just text! Sometimes I have a feeling I'm reading some official papers. Trading confirmation, vend confirmation, rentals, clan stone, realm settings and so on... all you see is text.

Great example of good looking UI is the main menu (not login screen, but the menu you see when you press esc). The buttons are color coded and image on them briefly describes where will it lead you.

Vending confirmation should display an item you're buying and it's price. Trading confirmation widow should display the trade you're about to do. Clan and Realm setting could follow the main menu style (button with an image)...

Afterall, this is a kid game and kids like images :D

I totally agree with all the people that wanted a UI update.

Regarding the developer diaries series

Hispano said:
Well im interested in the New Overworlds, if you can explain a bit how the system works... Also the new movement system.

I'd love to see how the system works :D

HONEY BOMB said:
How to render a block and is there any restriction of colors ?
How you create the banner for seasonal packs ? (Like that last year Halloween was so lifelike)

I don't really remember the last year Halloween banner, but since alot of people said the same thing then i guess we could have an explanation on that

Things to possibly look out for

By Djedo:

There was a huge to do list (by admins) on old forum. It would be nice to talk about all those plans and will there be implemented and why not.

Comments

• SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer
    Well.. I suppose if there's some interest I could do more. Anything in particular that would interest people?
  • HONEY BOMBHONEY BOMB Member
    edited April 2020
    How you create the banner for seasonal packs ? (Like that last year Halloween was so lifelike)
  • HispanoHispano Member
    edited April 2020
    Well im interested in the New Overworlds, if you can explain a bit how the system works... Also the new movement system.

Well.. I suppose if there's some interest I could do more. Anything in particular that would interest people?

• Hispano said:

Yeah exactly, I'd love to see how they work.
  • Alv'Alv' Member

The Steampunk environment u told us, I also hope u make 50% dark Night Stamp too.

Oh yeah! Last year Halloween pack banner is literary one of the best! It look so realistic
  • SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer
    I guess I can explain the Halloween banner a bit. I'll see if I can find time to record something soon.
  • I guess I can explain the Halloween banner a bit. I'll see if I can find time to record something soon.

:D
  • I guess I can explain the Halloween banner a bit. I'll see if I can find time to record something soon.

Oh yes! Excited B)
  • DjedoDjedo Member
    There was a huge to do list (by admins) on old forum. It would be nice to talk about all those plans and will there be implemented and why not.
  • Djedo said:

Thinking about it, anyone know what the old forums looked like?
    There's still a huge possible todo list. The problem with Cubic is never finding stuff to do/add/improve because basically everything could be re-hauled and improved. The UI, Quests, Levels, Perks, Clans, PVP, Adventure elements, player building options, the graphics engine, the camera options etc.. It's really never about whether something needs work or not. It's always about which thing should we do next?
  • There's still a huge possible todo list. The problem with Cubic is never finding stuff to do/add/improve because basically everything could be re-hauled and improved. The UI, Quests, Levels, Perks, Clans, PVP, Adventure elements, player building options, the graphics engine, the camera options etc.. It's really never about whether something needs work or not. It's always about which thing should we do next?

I’d love to see the UI updated, but I’m not sure how many people would agree with me.
  • JuIius said:

There's still a huge possible todo list. The problem with Cubic is never finding stuff to do/add/improve because basically everything could be re-hauled and improved. The UI, Quests, Levels, Perks, Clans, PVP, Adventure elements, player building options, the graphics engine, the camera options etc.. It's really never about whether something needs work or not. It's always about which thing should we do next?

I’d love to see the UI updated, but I’m not sure how many people would agree with me.
    and quests O.O
  • KewbinKewbin Member
    edited April 2020
    I agree that the UI needs a serious rework. At current state most of the UI windows are pure text, no images, just text! Sometimes I have a feeling I'm reading some official papers. Trading confirmation, vend confirmation, rentals, clan stone, realm settings and so on... all you see is text.

Great example of good looking UI is the main menu (not login screen, but the menu you see when you press esc). The buttons are color coded and image on them briefly describes where will it lead you.

Vending confirmation should display an item you're buying and it's price. Trading confirmation widow should display the trade you're about to do. Clan and Realm setting could follow the main menu style (button with an image)...

Afterall, this is a kid game and kids like images :D
  • HONEY BOMBHONEY BOMB Member
    edited April 2020

First thing you have to do is put some old limited decos into a pack and make it costs 500c . I hate to say that some cool old easter decos didn't come back , big teddy could never be found on Valentine pack anymore , my inv is already full when i just bought 2 or 3 times of thanksgiving pack . Man , we get every new 15 clothing and decos for every new seasonal pack , and they are getting larger and larger from year to years . Thanksgiving pack is full and heavy last year . And sad to see some cheap clothing cheap deco didn't come back .

Seasonal packs are getting larger and larger , why not put 15 decos to a pack called ' Deco pack 1 ' at a ' Theme ' called ' Easter ' which may contain . And cheap themed clothing to a pack called ' Clothing pack 1 ' which may contain rarer clothing . Don't worry , the super rares will only available at limited seasonal packs . Once the limited one is gone the rarest thingy will be gone unless you put them in events so you have no stress about the prices of luxury . Why do we separate clothing and deco ? Well builder can't get their build done without having an abundance of certain deco . Some builder need massive amount of certain deco so will happen to buy lots of deco pack . I feel bad when seeing somebody who trashed decos because they only want to have clothing , while some builder have no enough decos to build , So this is absolutely is as needed . You think no one is gonna buy ? As i stated above , you get random 15 decos from the pack and lucky player may get rare deco such as egg flower , kissing booth , cornucopia etc ...... for clothing pack lucky player may get only rarer like spider umb , but no super rares so they won't affect the prices that bad .The price may be 1k for clothing pack (not sure how much you want to set) and you get only 1 clothing per purchase .

With the thing i stated above you have more space to fill those new 15 clothing and 15 decos .
    You add ' X pack 1 ' to ' Season ' when passed 1 year , add ' X pack 2 ' to ' Season ' when passed next year and so on , the limited seasonal packs won't be heavy and have standard space to put new stuffs .

Give you an example:All old summer decos go to ' Deco pack 1 '(limited pack one ) (Maybe need to have 2 packs for deco) to ' Theme ' called ' Summer ' . and it costs 500c . For clothing pack of summer , Super rares like Uv shades will not be back in ' Theme ' but may be from events . You get rarer like diving helmet , Hawaiian shirts , Black bikini , Hairy guy on the beach only , and the cheap one are common swimsuits . There is a special pack called ' 2018 Lots ' and i see no need to separate them , the price will stay the same as 1.5k which was 2018 summer lots's price . You will get random 1 of those 19 items per purchase

Thanks for everyone who is reading , crave to see this gets implemented , for good sake to both builder and trader and devs's income
    Best regard-HONEY

Addition:1 of the new 15 clothing will be a super rare , and there is a possbile common super rare like black umbrella to allure player to spend.
  • Well this suddenly turned to a discussion for suggestions and i love it
  • Alv'Alv' Member

Thanks for everyone who is reading , crave to see this gets implemented , for good sake to both builder and trader and devs's income
    Best regard-HONEY

Well, u know Big Teddy DID return, Nick got it in first 3packs..
    But Imo, they should really put Holiday blocks/decos in a small pack..
  • Alvin! said:

Best regard-HONEY

+1 i will buy 200k easter deco pack

secondly i hate to say you can barely see some sell deco but most of them are overpriced

We DO need to bring back summer lots item *cough* everything is 8k

• Shall we guys get back on track to the discussion theme? Thank
  • [BN] said:

Shall we guys get back on track to the discussion theme? Thank

Yeh but we do need this asap

Alvin! said:

Best regard-HONEY

+1 i will buy 200k easter deco pack

secondly i hate to say you can barely see some sell deco but most of them are overpriced

We DO need to bring back summer lots item *cough* everything is 8k

+1
  • First of all it's not the correct discussion- but i guess i could add your suggestions and make this a suggestion thread
  • um one question tho...

whats a developer diary?
  • IronFish said:

um one question tho...

whats a developer diary?

A series on the cubic castles channel where Kewb explains stuffs
  • [BN] said:

IronFish said:

um one question tho...

whats a developer diary?

Oooh okie. So its like a channel where SirKew explains some game features and how they work hmmm...

I'd like to see one since i havent seen these things before. Quite curious on how it goes... +1
  • scorto7scorto7 BelgiumRetired Moderator
    edited April 2020
    IronFish said:

[BN] said:

IronFish said:

um one question tho...

whats a developer diary?

Oooh okie. So its like a channel where SirKew explains some game features and how they work hmmm...

I'd like to see one since i havent seen these things before. Quite curious on how it goes... +1
    This is the channel where you can find those video's:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYZjOtfANDqbwL-kg8FW1Yw/featured
    You can check out the past vids until a new one is made.

• There's still a huge possible todo list. The problem with Cubic is never finding stuff to do/add/improve because basically everything could be re-hauled and improved. The UI, Quests, Levels, Perks, Clans, PVP, Adventure elements, player building options, the graphics engine, the camera options etc.. It's really never about whether something needs work or not. It's always about which thing should we do next?

Graphic engine and pvp..
  • Never thought about how PVP works tbh
  • Bum
  • Bump!