Vend Machines

Could we add an extra layer of protection just like the register? Add an extra confirmation and if a player is on the confirmation no other player can hurry and buy out from under the other player before confirming or denying unless more than one item is available. This would help prevent over priced items in vends scam.
If scamming wasn't made so easy there would be less of it in game.

Comments

• GalaGala Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    I don't think another bar is needed to confirm it and I don't think much will change either, It's like signing a important contract you don't read.

I would say play smart!
  • WhimsicalFireflyWhimsicalFirefly Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    We have confirmation on the cash register and people still get scammed because they click without reading the confirmation of what they are trading. The solution to the problem is to play smarter and pay attention to what the first screen says you are buying.
  • no a contract you are given time to read they do it in a way to make people in hurry for a reasonable deal. Would not be the first time buying vends for 400 cubits. The register scams those are people failing to read more than once. There is only one opportunity to read vend and other players can buy while reading so that is how this scam is so successful I just watched wera9 do it again and have proof this time.
  • GalaGala Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    edited April 2020
    It goes wrong if you do it quickly you can see the amount wrong for ex 4000 as 400... I would read it slowly, maybe you wont be the first if it is cheap but you avoid the risk of losing a large amount.
  • Yes that is why the second agree would help some players not all. Like register you can not be interrupted on. But, if I'm correct another player can buy while you are checking out the price on the vend. I learned my lesson LOL. I do not buy vends from vends if they are only going to toss one at a time. Just trying to think ahead and if scamming was not as easy it would not be so prevalent.