A SOLUTION TO PLAYERS WHO GOT HACKED

'Lance''Lance' Member
edited April 2020 in Community
Recently, We've encountered some players getting hacked. It was because of the link that was shared to by some players. A player named S l a b b e h was one of the players who got hacked and *Crystalz* shared to us that the hacker was thenoobproplayer and the swimmer. Apparently, there is something I wanted to ask, that if we could have a "two-factor authorization" in the game. With this, the game will much be secured and cannot be access by the players easily. A lot of players were terrified with the hacking issues. And I think this will help to solve the case.

Comments

• Alv'Alv' Member
    They say they got hacked by clicked the FAKE FORUM link..not sure how tho.. but the safest way is open forum from www.cubiccastles.com ( official website )
  • edited April 2020
    .COM The official forum will always end in .COM! It’s something to always check if you’re worried.
  • Daisyy'Daisyy' Member
    edited April 2020
    Not sure about thenoobproplayer and the swimmer but here is what I know though

So, recently the swimmer hollad about free perm (I think he hollad 3x?) (this happened like in April Fool's day (PH time)) and after that, He did a holla saying that he will do a KRAMPUS Giveaway, and not just that he also did said about his discord name. S L A B B E H! Told me that
    He was the one who sented to her the link.

But, I saw thenoobproplayer hollad at Mistress Suki's realm which it has free perm too! So, maybe thenoobproplayer hacked Mistress Suki and Gave perm to 'Anyone' and hollad after. (This happened April 2 PH Time)

Me, S L A B B E H, Mistress Raven (Mistress Suki), Rocky (I forgot his full name oof) are still investigating about them, since there's no mod online that time (This happened a while ago)

And One of my friend, DJSukie told me that the hacker sent her a link I think, and eventually she is scared and she doesn't know what to do, so I really do hope that her account is fine.. :( (This happened a while ago too)

This is just what I know about the hackers once again.
  • That two hackers should go to hell immediately , stealing account from others is like stealing from deity .
    I suggest do not use discord or completly disable getting message from others , only friends are allowed .
  • Well, the idea of two-factor authentication is not bad, but it's not really a solution for players whose password has already been stolen. It still applies: do not open unknown or unfamiliar links, never give your password to sites you don't trust. It can't be that hard, can it?
  • Did they ( hacker ) really think of someone ? what about if one day they got hacked , how they feel ? What a shame
  • DoodleDog said:

Well, the idea of two-factor authentication is not bad, but it's not really a solution for players whose password has already been stolen. It still applies: do not open unknown or unfamiliar links, never give your password to sites you don't trust. It can't be that hard, can it?

Yes it wont help players who are already hacked, but atleast it will minimize the incidents tho

I agree with the two factor authentication but for the sake of young players, it could be just be as simple as putting your IGN, email, then password unlike the usual IGN and pass only
  • IronFish said:

DoodleDog said:

Well, the idea of two-factor authentication is not bad, but it's not really a solution for players whose password has already been stolen. It still applies: do not open unknown or unfamiliar links, never give your password to sites you don't trust. It can't be that hard, can it?

Yes it wont help players who are already hacked, but atleast it will minimize the incidents tho

I agree with the two factor authentication but for the sake of young players, it could be just be as simple as putting your IGN, email, then password unlike the usual IGN and pass only
    Maybe make the 2fa optional, then?
  • lucaaa795lucaaa795 Potatoe's worldMember
    2fa via text message or built in timer code (as steam and some bank apps use) can avoid these thefts entirely.
  • Daisyy'Daisyy' Member
    edited April 2020
    NEW CLUE :

*removed by forum moderator*
  • WhimsicalFireflyWhimsicalFirefly Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator

NEW CLUE :

Due to the way these accounts are being stolen, it's not really a good idea or fair to name names of who you think the real hacker is. You could be accusing innocent players and ruining their reputation. Most people that have had their account stolen will tell you that they spent days trying to convince people that they were not the one that was scamming.

I removed your post because you named a lot of names and you have no way to know if those are the names of true scammers or just more victims of whoever is doing this.

• Daisyy'Daisyy' Member
    edited April 2020

NEW CLUE :

Due to the way these accounts are being stolen, it's not really a good idea or fair to name names of who you think the real hacker is. You could be accusing innocent players and ruining their reputation. Most people that have had their account stolen will tell you that they spent days trying to convince people that they were not the one that was scamming.

I removed your post because you named a lot of names and you have no way to know if those are the names of true scammers or just more victims of whoever is doing this.

Apologize Whims, I am sorry. Thank you

• We don’t really need it but it’s cool but nobody is being hacked people are giving they’re accounts to the so called ‘Hackers’ by being not smart enough to realise they’re using fake sites
  • Having this is just.. not needed. Don’t play stupid and you won’t lose your account.
  • edited April 2020
    It's all about being really cautious, take your time. If you see something that says 'free cubits' then it probably isn't safe. It's upsetting hearing people lose their accounts but it's like a lesson for them. Every PC will say if a site is secure or not and will tell you that it is unsafe, it's all about being aware of where you are. Not just here, any game!

As Whim says, it's also from a fake forum. The official forums, this one, will be .com. I'm not sure what the other will be. It will take your information and take your account by changing your password. If you get a message on discord with a link to this forum don't type anything in, just exit asap.
    The most recent account thefts are not from a cubic hack site. They are from a fake forum login page on a site that any of you could end up on through a link if you aren't careful. The url looks a lot like the real one.
  • JuIius said:

Having this is just.. not needed. Don’t play stupid and you won’t lose your account.

its hard to get a bunch of nine year olds to listen to this kind of thing. A lot of them wanted to get their hands on loads of cubits or any other ways they could cheat a game. Such a pity tho

Tbh i still agree with even a little bit more added security. Each player is important since they make up the game. Even just an email confirmation when you are logged in on another device would be helpful
  • I don’t want to have to get a text verification code every time I login, that’s just annoying. Also half the game is younger kids, and they probably don’t even own a phone.
  • Boom tks*Boom tks* Member
    edited April 2020
    Oh no, Mistress Suki, noooo!

Two Factor should be like in any other game, it should be able to use, but like other games players shouldn't require it?
  • JuIius said:

I don’t want to have to get a text verification code every time I login, that’s just annoying. Also half the game is younger kids, and they probably don’t even own a phone.

You won’t have to. It would be like discord where you only have to get verified once on the device then you stay logged in forever.
  • I think this needs to happen. We do need a second step verification. Like through email. Everyone that has a password has an email. So maybe a code through there and once u verify, u are good. It will get annoying if u switch devices, but i think a little annoying thing happening once is better then your entire cubic castles account getting robbed and your reputation being trashed.
  • If two-factor authentication is going to annoy you, you can just not put it on in the first place.
  • JuIius said:

I don’t want to have to get a text verification code every time I login, that’s just annoying. Also half the game is younger kids, and they probably don’t even own a phone.

you will only get a notification once then the cc system will input the "new device login" on their database if you ignore the email. Like the notification you get when your email, fb etc is logged in on another unfamiliar device right?
  • wait, is forums2.cubiccastles.... a fake website? pls tell me i logged in there
  • IronFishIronFish Member
    edited April 2020

wait, is forums2.cubiccastles.... a fake website? pls tell me i logged in there

no lol thats the real url. you're safe to log in there

best way to make sure you are on the right site is to go to www.cubiccastles.com and then click forums. Or search Cubic Castles in your browser.

and have a handy bookmark of the real forums page too
    best way to make sure you are on the right site is to go to www.cubiccastles.com and then click forums. Or search Cubic Castles in your browser.
  • wait, is forums2.cubiccastles.... a fake website? pls tell me i logged in there

IronFish said:

wait i'm confused, is forums.cubiccastles.... and forums2... the same? I'll reply using quote

IronFish said:

wait i'm confused, is forums.cubiccastles.... and forums2... the same? I'll reply using quote
    This link goes to the official forums https://forums2.cubiccastles.com/index.php?p=/

• Boko!Boko! Member
    Everyone keep a hard password because "the fluffy bunny" is guessing people passwords. He guessed mine too. My realm, inventory, clothes, friends, cubits are.... I hope you understood what happened to it