Forum Customs Shop???

SUS GRILLSUS GRILL Member
edited April 2020 in Suggestions & Comments
So before it was shut down; I used to play this game called Kaneva and one of the things I really enjoyed about the game was that players could spend game currency to upload their own custom clothing designs using the games website. I was thinking, if it wouldn't be too impossible to do, that CC could have an online shop where players could upload their own clothing designs using templates from base game clothing (pants and shirts).

Players would have to spend a certain amount of game currency to be given a...maybe a special swirl around the players name in game that would look like a needle and swirling multicolored thread that they could enable and disable like the swirl. They could also get a special status on the forum saying Designer or something like that. Players could even choose the length of time they wish to be able to upload/design by paying using a period of 3 days (lowest price), 1 month (mid price) or 3 months (highest price). Once a players Designer period has ended they will no longer be able to upload designs, additionally their uploaded designs will no longer be sold in the shop until they once more have the Designer label.

With this special status players will be given quicker access to png. templates for pants and shirts. Players can download the images and draw in their own clothing texture and then download it into the custom clothing shop with their own custom price. Now I understand that some players like to troll and might try to take advantage of this so before their items show up in shop it will go through a peer review system. Once the item has been voted positive a certain amount of times for following cc rules the item will then be uploaded to the shop; however if the item receives even a single flag it will be sent higher up for review to either be approved or removed.

(Additionally; players could earn karma for reviewing products to help encourage a speed review system so players can have their appropriate products uploaded in a timely fashion.)

If players try to upload a design that doesn't follow CC rules then the Designer will receive warnings similar to in game warnings. Too many warnings could result in the player being permanently banned from Designing. In case the peer review fails and an inappropriate item (or a plagiarized item) is uploaded the mods could have a special ability that would allow them to see a players wardrobe where they can then click the custom item and be shown the Designer name so that it can be handled accordingly.

I feel like something like this could take a long time to design but I would love for this to be possible in the future. Anyway I hope you all like it and I would love to hear feed back either way.

**Edited** One last thing, to prevent players from just mass uploading in a short period and stock piling their creations to sell in game, after a Designer loses their status their designs will no longer be able to be worn in game and its item icon will change to have a block symbol over the original icon (shirt or pant with rainbow color). **Edited**

Happy Time Zones and Happy Gaming Everyone

Comments

• **edited a bit**
  • bump
  • Bump
  • bump
  • TL;DR
  • AzsimuthAzsimuth Member
    edited April 2020
    It would be a really big and long update, but i do think it coulf be a lot of fun! I always wanted custom clothes. But what about making Karma that currency? It doesn't have any important use.+1×25^5
  • SUS GRILLSUS GRILL Member
    edited April 2020
    [BN] said:

TL;DR

I'm sorry but I have no idea what that means...
    Azsimuth said:

It would be a really big and long update, but i do think it coulf be a lot of fun! I always wanted custom clothes. But what about making Karma that currency? It doesn't have any important use.+1×25^5

Thank you :D
    Also I figured since the custom shop and forum would be linked it would be nice to offer players who do peer reviews the currency used on the forum especially since it takes forever to accumulate Karma (or at least for me it is). The idea of the peer review system is for players to give honest reviews/reports on the custom ideas so I kinda liked the sound of players receiving "Karma" for their reviews, kind of a weird sounding joke lol.
  • TL;DR means Too long; didn't read
  • TL;DR means Too long; didn't read

Thank you very much :)
    [BN] said:

TL;DR

If you didn't read my suggestion then there really is no point to you responding unless its in criticism or actual response to what I had to say. Salty comments on the amount of information I included in my idea is just bad form. It's the length it is because I took a lot of time to think about every tiny detail of what COULD go into my idea so if you don't want to read it then don't but it's pretty rude that you would take the time to actually say you didn't read it because it was "too long" and not basic enough for you.

Treat people the way you want to be treated.
  • What lol I just wanted a short version
  • [BN] said:

What lol I just wanted a short version

You didn't ask for a short version nor is there a short version. All that I typed is all that my idea entailed because I put a lot of time and thought into it. So like I previously stated, if it's too long for you then don't read it, but it's very rude to go as far as to point out that you can't be bothered to read it because it isn't short enough for you. If people responded the way you did to all long suggestions then a lot of people's feelings would get hurt which is exactly why I have personally NEVER seen anyone respond to someone's hard work the way you just did. So you should really take the time to think about the way saying things like that could be interpreted and hurtful to others.
  • TacticalthTacticalth Member
    edited April 2020
    Bro wth I'll not start an argument over someone overreacting

TL;DR is used by many people when they are interested but don't have enough time to read all of its not like

"Dude this is so long, I don't care about reading it"
  • [BN] said:

Bro wth I'll not start an argument over someone overreacting

TL;DR is used by many people when they are interested but don't have enough time to read all of its not like

"Dude this is so long, I don't care about reading it"

firstly you cannot use abbreviations for cussing, secondly im not a "bro", thirdly I'm not overreacting I am simply reacting nor am I arguing with you. I am simply saying that your comment was not appropriate and I found it to be very rude because no where in what you said was anything positive even being hinted at. You said what you said and I responded and that's all there is to it. So by all means feel free to end the conversation with this, text can be misinterpreted so be mindful of phrasing or how you say things.
  • TacticalthTacticalth Member
    edited April 2020
    Firstly heck isn't a curse word, Secondly, okay then, sis. Thirdly, you could just dm me and i could remove the woah very rood comment.

Now, let's not derail the thread, i have some time to read it so might aswell
  • [BN] said:

What lol I just wanted a short version

Basically this in one sentence:
    A place where you design your own clothing.
  • Well it's already been suggested before many many times
  • [BN] said:

Well it's already been suggested before many many times

Well kinda true
  • [BN] said:

Well it's already been suggested before many many times

Well kinda true
    Yes a customs shop has been suggested before but that doesn't mean it's an impossible thing. It could take a while to put together but I would like to keep trying to see if it can happen.
  • bump