A Koala Package to Support Australia?

Comments

• They could do a fundraiser for the people in Australia, instead of nurse's hat and doc mirror you can do a rare koala of sorts. If people donate they get the koala thing. Maybe a pet?????O.O

Just like I suggested but different a little
  • Yes. This is 100% your idea. I'm just building on it
  • Bump, cmon @SirKewberth
  • As someone currently volunteering to fight the fires interstate I know first hand how devastating all this has been for our country. I personally +1 this idea and would support it in whatever way possible. I’ve donated what I can soo far to the disaster and now all I can give is my time and trust me I wouldn’t be doing this if it wasn’t needed. So @SirKewberth I realise this would be a huge stretch legally and strategically by implementing a new potentially rare item and it may feel like you may not be able to help in time but I promise you we need the help we will put these fires out for sure hopefully we get some rain where it’s needed but once that’s done there is a lot of rebuilding to do. The only concerns and suggestions I have would be mainly please no matter if it’s $5 or $5000 always do independent research into the charities your donating to so you know your money is going to what your donating it for as we have had some major charities recently misuse the donations. Next would just simply be if this is unachievable as an item added could it possibly be something as small as the “cubit fairy” idea and you independently donate a percentage of all proceeds from date A to date B and yeah replace the cubit fairy with a koala so when we buy the cubits for example pack 1 a baby koala comes up to you and hugs you pack 2 a mum and baby koala give you a hug and pack 3 a whole koala family comes up and gives you a hug :)
  • As someone currently volunteering to fight the fires interstate I know first hand how devastating all this has been for our country. I personally +1 this idea and would support it in whatever way possible. I’ve donated what I can soo far to the disaster and now all I can give is my time and trust me I wouldn’t be doing this if it wasn’t needed. So @SirKewberth I realise this would be a huge stretch legally and strategically by implementing a new potentially rare item and it may feel like you may not be able to help in time but I promise you we need the help we will put these fires out for sure hopefully we get some rain where it’s needed but once that’s done there is a lot of rebuilding to do. The only concerns and suggestions I have would be mainly please no matter if it’s $5 or $5000 always do independent research into the charities your donating to so you know your money is going to what your donating it for as we have had some major charities recently misuse the donations. Next would just simply be if this is unachievable as an item added could it possibly be something as small as the “cubit fairy” idea and you independently donate a percentage of all proceeds from date A to date B and yeah replace the cubit fairy with a koala so when we buy the cubits for example pack 1 a baby koala comes up to you and hugs you pack 2 a mum and baby koala give you a hug and pack 3 a whole koala family comes up and gives you a hug :)

I like the multiple variety of pets idea , if they are all permanent and won't be removed
  • Sir BeckleySir Beckley Member
    edited January 2020
    we need a pole so SirKewberth can see how many people want this!!!
    please SirKewberth. the people of Australia need you

Hey this is really cool, mom and dad koala :O

we need a pole so SirKewberth can see how many people want this!!!
    please SirKewberth. the people of Australia need you

A Koala home suggestion:

The koala's home will be a small tree maybe, when the koala not following u, maybe it hugging the tree eating leaves. Do some new unique kennel, like Ostrich's Pit, im tired of Square Box Kennel.
    edited January 2020
    if SirKewberth set the koala hat or pet to 15dollars I would buy!!
  • SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer
    I have nothing against the idea and certainly our Australian players have been very good to the game, but the tricky thing is actually getting something in place. I'm not sure we have enough players looking to donate that it would make a huge difference, but even assuming we did, we have no simple way to just quickly update the client and server to handle this new case. We need to add the new item, but then also figure out a credible way to donate or find out who donated etc.. I'm not exactly sure how to set it all up and how long it would take. I suppose one easy way would be to add a koala hat or something in the next update and pledge to donate after the sales are made. Does anyone know what the best organisation would be if it were possible to do that?
  • HONEY BOMBHONEY BOMB Member
    edited January 2020

I have nothing against the idea and certainly our Australian players have been very good to the game, but the tricky thing is actually getting something in place. I'm not sure we have enough players looking to donate that it would make a huge difference, but even assuming we did, we have no simple way to just quickly update the client and server to handle this new case. We need to add the new item, but then also figure out a credible way to donate or find out who donated etc.. I'm not exactly sure how to set it all up and how long it would take. I suppose one easy way would be to add a koala hat or something in the next update and pledge to donate after the sales are made. Does anyone know what the best organisation would be if it were possible to do that?

Set a limited cubit sale with c and koala pet (Like gold silver quantumn chest pharoah chest one) and even you couldn't purchase in cash , there's a baby koala pet which stays the pet store permanent for 50k . If you get the money you can raise it to the charity and the surplus will support the game , win-win :)
  • I have nothing against the idea and certainly our Australian players have been very good to the game, but the tricky thing is actually getting something in place. I'm not sure we have enough players looking to donate that it would make a huge difference, but even assuming we did, we have no simple way to just quickly update the client and server to handle this new case. We need to add the new item, but then also figure out a credible way to donate or find out who donated etc.. I'm not exactly sure how to set it all up and how long it would take. I suppose one easy way would be to add a koala hat or something in the next update and pledge to donate after the sales are made. Does anyone know what the best organisation would be if it were possible to do that?

RedCross, maybe?
    edited January 2020
    Consider if somebody couldn't purchase with cash they still can buy with cubits (a baby one )

After you bought the one with cash , you will receive a special tag for helping . The one with cubits in pet store will consider extra help for either australia or CC :)

I personally wishing they are all permanently in pet store becuz i don't wanna see people purchase them just hoping it rises so they can profit with , but a little help for the one who needs help and to have one cute koala for oneself , thanks .
  • I have nothing against the idea and certainly our Australian players have been very good to the game, but the tricky thing is actually getting something in place. I'm not sure we have enough players looking to donate that it would make a huge difference, but even assuming we did, we have no simple way to just quickly update the client and server to handle this new case. We need to add the new item, but then also figure out a credible way to donate or find out who donated etc.. I'm not exactly sure how to set it all up and how long it would take. I suppose one easy way would be to add a koala hat or something in the next update and pledge to donate after the sales are made. Does anyone know what the best organisation would be if it were possible to do that?

couldn't you use the doc and nurse website and addons for the koala pet?
  • Alv'Alv' Member
    edited January 2020

Add a new Koala Pet either for 50k or $19.90, all money earned will go for support to Australia, yeah maybe it come along with Valentine Pack coming up at Feb. Like Honey says, maybe the players who bought the Koala from STORE ONLY will get a small badge for helping Australia, you can enable or disable it, like the Patron. My suggestion are the one who donated will get a cute Koala up right their nametag, with 2bamboos. About no idea how many players will donate, will I think alot will try to donate and help Australia if it doesn't cost too much, maybe $5-15. (With new badge system, alot event could be made)
  • the nurse and doc site was a gofundme, lol
  • Bonari said:

the nurse and doc site was a gofundme, lol

If they do a go fund me, and it says when it will be removed, I’ll gladly donate 100-200$.
    edited January 2020
    We need an item to play with, because no one will buy just for a badge. Even though it's not about that. I say a pet or backpack?
  • 'Dragon''Dragon' Member
    edited January 2020
    I guess it’s a good idea to point out, anyone that is for it being an temporary item just want something they can flex or profit off of. If they truly cared about the fundraisers they would just donate money directly to them instead of trying to get something in return for donating.

I personally think @SirKewberth should just make a bumper in the lobby that has a link to one of the foundations.

Although, if they do make this a thing I’ll participate as I’ve said. I just don’t think it’s the best idea.
  • WhimsicalFireflyWhimsicalFirefly Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    I love the idea of the bumper! It's easy and will give everyone the needed info to donate to the cause. We don't need items or bragging rights to donate and help people in need. Plus a simple solution like this won't pull the devs away from their current projects and things we need them to be focused on.
    edited January 2020
    'Dragon' said:

I guess it’s a good idea to point out, anyone that is for it being an temporary item just want something they can flex or profit off of. If they truly cared about the fundraisers they would just donate money directly to them instead of trying to get something in return for donating.

I personally think @SirKewberth should just make a bumper in the lobby that has a link to one of the foundations.

Although, if they do make this a thing I’ll participate as I’ve said. I just don’t think it’s the best idea.

But shouldn't the donators get a reward?? If it's bad why did they use it for doc and nurse hats?
    And it will encourage people to donate

'Dragon' said:

But shouldn't the donators get a reward?? If it's bad why did they use it for doc and nurse hats?
    The doc and nurse hats for for a certain cause, I think it was Cosmic’s son, or nephew or something, named Trevor. The Australia fires aren’t directly connected to the game, as that gofundme was.
  • So. What do we do?
  • So. What do we do?

Go donate to the fund directly if you want to donate.

And Kewberth should add a bumper to the lobby with a link to the fund.

'Dragon' said:

I personally don't believe a reward is necessary so +1 to Dragon's idea. It's a donation. People shouldn't feel prompted to donate for a reward. The reward is knowing you did a good thing to help people in need.
  • JuIius said:

RedCross, maybe?
    Please don’t :(
  • WhimsicalFireflyWhimsicalFirefly Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator

JuIius said:

RedCross, maybe?
    Can you suggest a good organization to donate to for this @chickenlips ?
  • JuIius said:

RedCross, maybe?
    I should have looked that up first I guess... lol
    edited January 2020
    Sorry but i will be honest......Certain players don't get something for nothing :-( it's good if people donate without get something in return
    but isn't it be great to support Australia whilst support the game as well ? Yeah more good if the charity link is added to bumper , i always think of add something to the lobby .
    Set it with cubits->People might purchase cubits becuz some collector wants to buy it as much as they could .
    Add the link to lobby bumper->We have small chance to see if people donate without get something in return but still a little amount to help .
    Set it with cubit sale->You get the pet , the badge , and the cubits no matter whether you are really want to donate , but still count you are supporting .

• JuIius said:

RedCross, maybe?

JuIius said:

RedCross, maybe?
    Yes for sure :) ok so unfortunately I highly suggest avoid any major organisations and charities as with RedCross and Oxfam etc most of these have been given substantial funding but they are releasing limited funds to this tragedy and most is going into administration to future disaster appeals I unfortunately donated a lot before it all unfolded hence why I’m now volunteering my time. Essentially we’re aussies and we will get through this but for now we need to protect our most vulnerable that being the animals. All this being said this group is doing amazing things and struggling immensely with funds and in my eyes one of the most deserving https://www.wildlifevictoria.org.au/
    When donating please always remember only donate what you can afford and make sure the money is going to where you want it too this particular fund is using their resources to locate and rescue injured animals rehabilitate and release back to the wild.
    As for people wanting to donate to people more than animals I would suggest https://www.salvationarmy.org.au/donate/make-a-donation/donate-online/?appeal=disasterappeal
    As they are going above and beyond to support people effected and also providing assistance to people volunteering to fight the fires.

I hope this helps I can get together a bigger list with more details ASAP but for now I’m completely exhausted emotionally and physically and feel like I’ve been in an oven all day
  • Alv'Alv' Member
    edited January 2020

Sorry but i will be honest......Certain players don't get something of nothing :-( it's good if people donate without get something in return
    but isn't it be great to support Australia whilst support the game as well ? Yeah more good if the charity link is added to bumper , i always think of add something to the lobby .
    Set it with cubits->People might purchase cubits becuz some collector wants to buy it as much as they could .
    Add the link to lobby bumper->We have small chance to see if people donate without get something in return but still a little amount to help .
    Set it with cubit sale->You get the pet , the badge , and the cubits no matter whether you are really want to donate , but still count you are supporting .

If you donated the money and u get something and the badge, wouldn't more people will donate it if theres a good cause? Players that saw who got the badge and new pet might also want to buy the package, 1 they can get what they want, 2 they can support as well.So yes Idc how long it take, as long we can help Australia, we will wait till you do it Kewberth. Like the Doc & Nurse last..uh 3 years ago i think..

Next, I agree with Honey Bomb which available with cubits package and in Pet Session cost 25-50k(or idk how much). maybe the Koala pet come along with 20k or 50k, when u buy the package u get the cubits Pet(maybe remove silver/gold chests for a moment). After you purchased the pack that contain Koala, you get a badge as well like Patron, u can choose to enable or disable it, maybe a koala on top ur nametag.

Next, don't remove the Koala from store(Pet Session), so the koala won't crazy rise like Doc & Nurse, the first few months all money earned from koala package(or cubit package with koala) will donated to Australia, then remove the pet from cubit package, but stay still in the Pet Session so players could buy it anytime and it won't crazy rise too..

When a player see another player with the badge which mean they know s/he bought the package to support Australia, they might want to buy it as well cause of the cute badge and the pet, so i think there will be alot players to buy the package. However, theres alot players who always purchase cubits, so they might buy alot of it too, 1 They can get amount cubits they needed to, 2 They can get an exclusive cute pet too, 3 They also could support the Australia and Cubic Castles both side! So nothing bad with it.