UNMASKED — interactive murder mystery [KILLER REVEAL]

MissilenceMissilence Member
edited January 2020 in Player Events & Creations

DISCLAIMER:

The following interactive story/game is purely for fun. The story and all characters are completely fictional.

—CASE BRIEFING
On the 4th of January, a masquerade party was held at the realm La Maison. The party featured many rich and established guests within the business. That night, a qbee named Leona Everett was murdered. We need your help detective, to find out who murdered her!

—VICTIM + SUSPECTS’ PROFILES

VICTIM PROFILE

SUSPECT PROFILES

REMEMBER: The timelines have been created based on what the suspect has claimed. Suspects can lie.

—EVIDENCE

How do I capture evidence?

Evidence can be found in the realm La Maison. All evidence is marked with (E#). To capture evidence you have found, you must take a screenshot with both the item and sign visible. Post the screenshot on this thread. Capturing evidence will unlock more information about it.
Some evidence require a passcode. Along with capturing the evidence, you must comment the passcode. If you have commented the wrong passcode, the evidence won’t be unlocked.
To avoid giving out too much information at once, 3 pieces of evidence will be unlocked everyday, starting tomorrow. The evidence will be released in consecutive order (1, 2, 3 etc.) If the evidence is not found then it will be skipped.
Additional evidence is evidence that you don’t find, but is extra information given to help you. Each day there will be a poll for which additional evidence you would like to be released.

Additional evidence

E1 + E2 (Evidence 1 + 2)

E3

E4

E5

E6

E7

E8

—INTERROGATION
You may, at any point, ask the suspects questions. Asking them questions is an important part to solving this murder. Remember that they can lie to you.

Butler’s interrogation
He is now open for interrogation.

—RELEASE SCHEDULE

6th January: Release of evidence 1, 2 and 3 + additional evidence 1
7th January: Release of evidence 4, 5 and 6 + additional evidence 2
8th January: Release of evidence 7 and 8 + additional evidence 3 + butler’s interrogation
9th January: Final voting
10th January: Killer reveal + prize winner

Good luck, detectives!

Thank you to -Beam- for suspect 3’s character design.

Comments

• HONEY BOMBHONEY BOMB Member
    edited January 2020
    Omg missi you're talented to design victorian dresses ! :o
    I'm not good at reasoning detective tho , i'll just prom at the ballroom ! :D (Wish the killer won't look me as victim , i don't want to be killed D: )
  • :thinking:

• I want answers oml this so interesting. also somebody here is like extra suspicious but she probs a red herring.
  • ScenicScenic Member
    edited January 2020
    Can't wait >:'0000
  • BonariBonari Member
    edited January 2020
    the scattered books in the library make up the sentence "endings aren't always happy". Esther and Vanessa were the only two to have entered the library, Esther shortly after Vanessa.
  • CHICHENCHICHEN Member
    edited January 2020
    Can we have multiple killers by the way? ;^)
    Also what did lucifer say to the butler since we found the book?
  • No need for evidence, it's obviously not Lucifer cause its gonna be the last person you think. Its scarlet for sure. Definitely. Lol I just wanna guess now and see if I'm right later
  • I say Myles. e.e
  • MissilenceMissilence Member
    edited January 2020
    CHICHEN said:

Can we have multiple killers by the way? ;^)
    Also what did lucifer say to the butler since we found the book?

Only one killer.
    You cannot interrogate the butler yet, even though you have found the book. he is open for interrogation on the 8th.
  • [Day 1] Wow this is really creative and amazing game. I still think it's Esther but she's not my final assumption, due to the fact she claimed herself as a rival to the victim and since as stated, suspects can lie. I'm willing to wait for the new clues and figure out who it is. The art and character designs are amazing btw!
  • The StandThe Stand Member
    edited January 2020
    Aye can't wait to ask that Butler questions
  • So far I say the killer is myles or layton
  • edited January 2020

4-digit Passcode Guess: 5118 or 7565 or 1400

Is her phone's password 707932?

Updated Evidence 4 - Jan 5 18:11:00 2020 CC Time
    Found Evidence 6 - Jan 7 18:34:00 2020 CC Time
    Update 3: Is Leona's phone's password 707932 or 703279?
  • Layton. What did u do before everyone else arrived?
    edited January 2020

I don't know the 4-digit password yet. (How can it be a passWORD if it's 4-DIGITS?)

Evidence 6 - Not Found

I don't know the 6-digit passcode yet.

Sorry, Leona’s belongings requires a passcode. It is all made up of numbers.
    Hans69 said:

Layton. What did u do before everyone else arrived?

[LAYTON] I didn’t do much, really. I put my stuff in a chest and chilled out around the house. That’s all.
    edited January 2020

DAY 2 updates are up!

You can now see evidence 1, 2 + 3 and additional evidence 1.

You have 24 hours left to figure out the passcode to Leona’s belongings. This is crucial...
  • CHICHENCHICHEN Member
    edited January 2020
    Okay since I'm stupid I've just realised the passcode had something to do with the Atbash cipher message and it probably refers to the number of the letter in the alphabet so... 5118 :0
    edited January 2020

ANNOUNCEMENT

Hello, I may be discontinuing Unmasked.
    The reason being that there is not much player involvement. When things aren’t being figured out, it makes it a lot harder to solve. The recent poll only got 4 votes.
    When I created this game, I had envisioned players regularly commenting, helping and sharing their ideas with everyone. Obviously that is not so much the case now.
    I am thankful to those who took interest when this first released, but this game isn’t fun without the community. I wanted this game to get the community together.

The next update will come at 9:00PM AEDT.

I will let the game run for one more day. If there’s a lack of interest, I will discontinue it.
  • Don't forget Suspect can be lie
  • Many people chooses the other suspect that is parallel to my choice resulting to a loss which is why I don't want to join this game. Although this game is fun and I hope you continue making these.
  • okay well the truth is, the evidence is not enough to determine which one is the killer

and there's not much clue you give in your realm thats y, and the kitchen still locked
    edited January 2020

Many people chooses the other suspect that is parallel to my choice resulting to a loss which is why I don't want to join this game. Although this game is fun and I hope you continue making these.

Even if others don’t pick the right suspect, if you pick the right one then you still have the chance to win 20k. It is all based on your own decision.

okay well the truth is, the evidence is not enough to determine which one is the killer

and there's not much clue you give in your realm thats y, and the kitchen still locked

Information about evidence is released throughout. Leona’s belongings are a really important clue to this. Actually, everything is important - from piecing together the timeline, to asking suspects questions. Even though suspects can lie, you still don’t know who is telling the truth or not. But I wouldn’t give you nothing. So I’d say, use what you’ve got. And about the passcode to Leona’s belongings, I have already given hints which are enough to work it out.
    Also, I didn’t realise the kitchen was locked, so sorry about that :(
  • GoldbusterGoldbuster Member
    edited January 2020
    [Day 3] I can't search around the realm atm so that sucks
    Current Clues (?)
    The Clue from Missi's profile translates to "The first letters of every word..." I can't find anything so far from staring at letters and writing them down or I'm just dumb

From analyzing stuff here's what I got so far
    -Killer must've owned a wand during the event, specifically, newly made harm wand. Since Leona's death was actually caused by head trauma, meaning something probably hit her head really hard to caused her demise, which I assume was a hit by the harm wand.
    -The poison was in her Yumberry juice which i assume was served during dinner (?), possibly indicating that the Killer must've interacted with the kitchen or it's staff or pretended to be a part of the crew, due to the fact evidence E8 is a discarded chef's outfit.
    -Layton recieved 2 Harm wands and 2 Knockback wands from Leona (from note). I don't really think it was Layton at this point (Both wands are missing from his chest or he just had them with him) and assume that the Killer must've went through Layton's or Leona's belongings and got the harm wand.

My Questions to suspects
    None atm
  • We vote for killer or just comment who you think it's killer ?
  • edited January 2020
    can we have the evidence now?

plus it's not our fault as you lock the realm rip

new find! 3 lavas in the kitchen, I think that'll related to leona's phone
    my guess for password: either 121221 or 363663

and the additional info 2 is not released :(

okay so,
    from the traces of dead, the killer poisoned and hurt her using wands, this is the most important part, anyone related is the killer.
  • We vote for killer or just comment who you think it's killer ?

January 9 is when you vote for the suspect who you think is the killer.

okay so,
    from the traces of dead, the killer poisoned and hurt her using wands, this is the most important part, anyone related is the killer.

omg I’m an idiot SORRY I forgot. The additional evidence is added now.
    I advise you don’t worry about the phone passcode yet, because you haven’t worked out the chest passcode.
  • Definitely scarlet
  • edited January 2020

We vote for killer or just comment who you think it's killer ?

January 9 is when you vote for the suspect who you think is the killer.

okay so,

omg I’m an idiot SORRY I forgot. The additional evidence is added now.
    I advise you don’t worry about the phone passcode yet, because you haven’t worked out the chest passcode.
    kay then the chest passcode is 5 1 1 8

Question to lucifer: the first time you're in dining room who's there already?