Scam Bots

Recently scam bots have cropped up in the game. During my shopping spree at Pen's I found a user spamming "visit (unknown site) to claim free cubits" and he was spamming it. Well there you have it, cc has scam bots now

Comments

• I met with one of these guys. He told me that he somehow uses forums to see if the accounts are valid and not fake/random.
  • WhimsicalFireflyWhimsicalFirefly Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    edited December 2019
    They set up the accounts and spam the chat with their ad. Best thing to do is spread the word that these sites are scams and will not give them anything, they just steal your account. Educating the community about what happens if they go to the sites is the best way to fight them.
  • CubicPencilCubicPencil Member
    edited January 2020
    Your best weapon is your megaphone
    JuIius said:

Your best weapon is your megaphone

Your best weapon is your brain.
    But the even more best weapon is both
  • Your best weapon is your megaphone

Your best weapon is your brain.
  • what?
  • lucaaa795lucaaa795 Potatoe's worldMember
    There are no bots, unfortunately someone's head is that broken to scam people this way.
  • oh ok
  • They set up the accounts and spam the chat with their ad. Best thing to do is spread the word that these sites are scams and will not give them anything, they just steal your account. Educating the community about what happens if they go to the sites is the best way to fight them.

I just saw a player named: isxa promoting scam sites in the lobby.
  • buy a plot and bomb him :v