The Cavern Update & Pack Ideas (It's a lot)

JohnYapJohnYap Member
edited December 2019 in Suggestions & Comments
This pack is basically about the cavern mines in Cubic Castles, I feel like something is missing. So that's why I made this discussion. If you see any ideas that were from others, I may have not checked their ideas but feel free to express. Thank you.

Suggestions / Fixes :
- B L A N K (Caution Sign, Pitch Black, and Crystals)

1. Mining Cart (Vehicle, bumps)
2. Railways (Decoration)
3. Huge Ol' Stalagmites (Decoration and can reach up to 3 blocks tall)
4. Stalagmite Spikes (Used to damage people by 1.5 hearts)
5. Rubble (Decoration)
6. Lantern (Handheld item used to illuminate the dark)
7. Pitch Black (Environment that is, as the name says extremely dark.) (Even darker than dark... Apparently.)
8. Mining Shirt & Overalls (Clothes that can be colored using dyes)
9. Earthworm Trap (A large earthworm will pop out of the ground dealing 2 hearts of damage)
10. Different Colored Crystals (Decoration that can light up for a few seconds or not.) (Colors are red, blue, yellow, and green.)
11. Mining Helmet (Ideas by some people) (Can illuminate for only a short distance)
12. Cave Spudbug (Moves faster, that's it.)
13. Ancient Sign (A sign but it can blend with the Cave Walls.)
14. Power Gem (A story exclusive block. Very rare in the Cavern Mine or Pack.)
15. Lost Journal (Also like other books, but ripped.)
16. Treasure Chest (Acts like a chest.)
17. Sculpty Cave Walls (Used for more detailed caves.)
18. Embedded Gems (A decoration, really doesn't blend in with other blocks except the Cave Walls.)
19. Lava Geyser (Acts like a geyser but deals damage.)
20. The Cavern (A new music block, it is mostly dark ambience which makes it unsettling.)
21. Cracked Cave Walls (Acts like other cracked blocks.)
22. Cave (A new stamp to put on your realm!)
23. Deep Flowers (Flowers found in the Cavern Mines that illuminate the area.)
24. Bridges (A decoration to add some detail. Crafted using 4 New Wood Planks and 2 Ropes.)
25. Artifact Polisher (A machine that cleans and polish the artifact. Used for expensive artifacts.)
26. Deep Relic (An artifact set.)
27. Pickaxe (Ideas by some people.) (Increases your mining speed at ores by 10%.)
28. Cavern Iron/Gold/Silver/Coal Ores (Does make some sense.)
29. Ghost Miners (Acts like a ghost, but can also illuminate the dark.)
30. Dark Wand (Shooting it at the target will blind it for 5 seconds. Crafted using 1 Fizzled Wand and 5 Oil, once it runs out of charges it will completely break. No recycling.)
31. Miner Slyme (A pet that can increase your mining speed by 1% per pet level. How nice.)
32. Deepest Cavern Mine (A new mine that is so dark that torches and candles are useless and is even more dangerous.)
33. Deepest Cave Walls (Takes longer to break, and darker.)
34. Ancient Treasure Chest (Open to find some great loot!)
35. Spirited Lantern (An ancient treasure chest loot. Illuminates even better.)
36. Ancient Toolbar (An ancient treasure chest loot. Allows you to equip two different tools by toggling.)
37. New NPC Jacob! (He is a miner and can give you quests about the Cavern Mines.)
38. Boarded Planks (Decoration used for blocking entrances, crafting using 5 Old Wood Planks and 5 Nails.)
39. Crystal Mushrooms (New crop for even greater profit and takes a week to grow.)
40. Crystal Soil (Used to grow Crystal Mushrooms and other previous crops. Faster and can water plants up to 30 hours.)
41. Crystal Soup (New food recipie, 100% inedible. Crafted using Crystal Mushrooms, Water, Pixie Dust (any color) and Farm Egg.)
42. Deep Water (Darker and decreases your swimming speed.)
43. Deep Lava (Brighter and deals 3 hearts of damage.)
44. Waterfalls (Pushes the player downward, but can still swim upwards.)
45. Danger Sign (Very self-explanatory. Crafted using 1 Crude Signpost and 1 Red Dye.)
46. Bottomless Pitch Black (Literally bottomless environments mixed with pitch black.)
47. Sapphire Block (New Gemstone block. Appears in the Deepest Cavern Mine and needs a crystal bomb.)
48. Qbee Mountain (Where Jacob is found, and could be a post Chosen One storyline area.)
49. Abyss Spudbug (Appears in the Deepest Cavern Mines, they move even faster and deal 3 hearts, likely an instant kill. Can be obtained using Crystal Bombs.)
50. Crystal Bombs (Increased blast radius, damage dealt, and can destroy deeper minerals. Crafted using 1 Bomb, 3 Crystals (any color) and 1 Diamond.)
51. Crystal Mining Shirt and Overalls (Improved and can also reduce damage dealt while your in either the Cavern Mine or the Deepest Cavern Mine. Crafted using mining Shirt or overalls (any color) and craft with 3 Crystals and the shirt or overalls will still retain their dyed version but more shiner... God that's a lot.)
52. Bat (A new pet that can fly and avoid ground danger... But it dies in air traps.)
53. Abyss Slyme (More intelligent, but can be killed in nearby light, but using a regular Lantern will damage it. Again obtained using Crystal bombs.)
54. The Abyss (New tune block. More scarier with darker ambience and eerie noises, best turn off your game music! Also the music will be in the Deepest Cavern Mine.)
55. Gemstone Mining Cart (An ancient treasure chest loot. A vehicle that: doesn't bump, move faster than a regular mining cart. And leaves a shining trail behind!)
56. Light Wand (An ancient treasure chest loot. A wand that is unbreakable and can shoot light balls that kill abyss monsters! Doesn't work on player realms though, except if PVP is turned on.)
57. Ancient Items (A common ancient treasure chest loot. Does nothing but give them to Jacob and you get rewards!)
58. Mining Jetboots (The final reward from Jacob. Allows you to run faster, that's it.)
59. Mining Scarf (The second final reward from Jacob. It illuminates as much that it kills the Abyss Slymes.)
60. Miner Juice (Crafted by 3 Yumberries and 5 Starberries. Increases your minimal hp by 0.5 hearts. Useful to heal up when your about to die, but only used in Cavern / Deepest Cavern Mines.)
61. To be continued...

Feel free to express your opinion on each of these ideas and they whether they are good or not. But either way, thanks for reading.

Here's an example of a player exploring the Deepest Cavern Mines.

Comments

• I feel like some of these things are already in the game like the pitch black, caution sign, and crystals otherwise I like the ideas.
  • B L A N K said:

I feel like some of these things are already in the game like the pitch black, caution sign, and crystals otherwise I like the ideas.

I also now realized that the caution sign is in the game. I will rename it to a danger sign, it was supposed to be something else.

The pitch black is different since the one close to it is the dark environment. The pitch black environment is even darker than the dark environment, hope you understand.

And the crystals, the suggestion I was thinking was different colored crystals instead of purple, like red, blue, and green.

But thanks for the suggestions!