A Poll..

'Dragon''Dragon' Member
edited October 2019 in General Chat
Okay, so as you all know, I am banned. Permanently. Along with Liberated. But, we both just want to play the game again. We are both itching towards our five year marks of playing the game, and we just want to support it again. Which is why I have asked the developers for a second chance. Basically, allowing us to create a new accounts to play on without being banned. Of course, I wouldn’t cheat at all on this new account. But, there is an issue. Community backlash. The amount of backlash that would come from us being given a second chance is unknown. Which is why I have created this poll.

Please vote honestly. Thank you.

Edit: Please don’t argue here. I respect every person’s opinions. There is no need for us to respond to each other’s opinions.

Comments

• First vote and first comment !

Why not ? Everyone deserves a second chance :) (except somebody got many complains still not want to change)
  • First vote and first comment !

Why not ? Everyone deserves a second chance :) (except somebody got many complains still not want to change)

Thanks. I appreciate it. :)
  • Not to be rude, but I don't think it would be fair to unban both of you. My guess is that if another player asked this, who isn't really known by the community, nobody would want him or her back.
    I know you won't cheat again, but this is just how it works. Of course it's up for the developers to decide.
    Even if you get un-banned, I'm happy for you and Liberated, but I would have to disagree with the developers. Unless they let the community vote for every other banned player
  • Not to be rude, but I don't think it would be fair to unban both of you. My guess is that if another player asked this, who isn't really known by the community, nobody would want him or her back.
    I know you won't cheat again, but this is just how it works. Of course it's up for the developers to decide.
    Even if you get un-banned, I'm happy for you and Liberated, but I would have to disagree with the developers. Unless they let the community vote for every other banned player

Thanks for being honest. :)
  • I want you guys back , it's sad to see people go especially the kind one T^T
  • I miss both of u :< , everyone deserve a second chance
  • I would be happy to see you guys back. So I voted. Everyone needs a second chance except he's something that really sucks. I found that hacking story rather funny. :D
  • I want you guys back , it's sad to see people go especially the kind one T^T

-Alvin- said:

I miss both of u :< , everyone deserve a second chance

DoodleDog said:

I would be happy to see you guys back. So I voted. Everyone needs a second chance except he's something that really sucks. I found that hacking story rather funny. :D

Thanks. :)
  • JuIiusJuIius Member
    edited October 2019
    First I'm going to make sure this I known: I have no problem with you, liberated coming back, but what message is that going to spread about the devs? If you do something worth a ban, you can come back later if you're nice enough. What about all the other players who also obviously miss the game, shouldn't they be unbanned too?
    I would not mind at all if you returned, you've been a good friend for about 3-4 years.
    It's obviously not up to me if you return, but whatever happens I hope it's thought through and a good choice.
  • JuIius said:

First I'm going to make sure this I known: I have no problem with you, liberated coming back, but what message is that going to spread about the devs? If you do something worth a ban, you can come back later if you're nice enough. What about all the other players who also obviously miss the game, shouldn't they be unbanned too?
    I would not mind at all if you returned, you've been a good friend for about 3-4 years.
    It's obviously not up to me if you return, but whatever happens I hope it's thought through and a good choice.

I guess it depends on the situation. It’s a very rare occasion when the banned player is still supported by nearly the entire community.

But yeah, I understand. I respect the opinion. :)
  • IncenseIncense Member
    edited October 2019
    If you were allowed to return, then this must also apply to Eagence :D (and all banned people obv). I miss him!
    MY VOTE: YES!

Incense said:

If you were allowed to return, then this must also apply to Eagence :D (and all banned people obv). I miss him!

Lol yes let’s bring all the banned people back (sarcasm)
    DoodleDog said:

Incense said:

You guys should look at the reasons of being banned. Will and the others got banned because they found an exploit and used it. That is rather funny and showing that no system is safe, also it didn't really affect the economy.

Eagence got banned for many amounts of reasons. He was being mean, he has been insulating people and treating them the way he had treated them. After his ban, he destroyed the Wiki.

Now come on, who is the worse one here?
    I have to specify that my comment was sarcastic. However I remind you that we risked a rollback of the servers of 1 week due to their action. That didn't happen luckily. I would not ask myself about who is worse but about who causes damage to the game and its community. Sir Kewberth asks us to help him improve the game by discovering glitches and bugs and sharing them, not exploiting them.
  • k sure y not
  • Incense said:

Lol yes let’s bring all the banned people back (sarcasm)
  • b3achyb3achy Member
    edited October 2019
    You were banned for a reason. To go back on that decision would make the devs wishy washy and then everyone would want to be able to be unbanned for all their infractions.

The rules are in place for a reason, and to be adhered to...not be be intentionally broken, temporarily punished, and then whine to come back.

Get over it, and go find another game to play. It's sad that you willingly broke the rules, but there are consequences to actions. Not being able to play again was the consequence you signed up for when you willingly broke the rules.

Also the devs rarely perma-ban except for the MOST serious of infractions. You clearly fall into that category if you were perma-banned. Sorry, but you have to serve life in the CC Jail with no chance of parole.
  • Incense said:

You guys should look at the reasons of being banned. Will and the others got banned because they found an exploit and used it. That is rather funny and showing that no system is safe, also it didn't really affect the economy.

Eagence got banned for many amounts of reasons. He was being mean, he has been insulating people and treating them the way he had treated them. After his ban, he destroyed the Wiki.

• 'Dragon''Dragon' Member
    edited October 2019
    DoodleDog said:

Incense said:

You guys should look at the reasons of being banned. V and the others got banned because they found an exploit and used it. That is rather funny and showing that no system is safe, also it didn't really affect the economy.

I appreciate it.

I’m going to say this again though. Let’s not start any fights here. Debating it like this is fine, but we don’t need full on fights over things. (The comment I quoted is fine, just mentioning it again). I will ask for the discussion the be closed if fights start to happen.

Also, everyone needs to be aware of this. If they aren’t already. I still play the game, and a lot of it is with small scale cheats. (It’s nothing like the cubit hack, but still). I’ve been put into a scenario. If I do cheat I get banned. But, If I DONT cheat, I also get banned. So when somebody messages me and says ‘why do you cheat?’ my answer is, because the developers ban me even if I’m NOT cheating. If someone untrustworthy finds out about an account, and reports me, boom permanent ban. Even if I wasn’t cheating. Which is why I made the offer to the developers to stop cheating if I was allowed to play again. To essentially break up the scenario. Because right now, I haven’t been given a good reason to not cheat. I get banned either way. I know the developers are in a tough spot, but you also need to understand that side of the scenario for me. Because no matter how much I care for the game, I am stuck in a ban no matter what scenario. I mention this because I’m not going to hide that I still cheat. But, I also want everyone to know why.

Edit: To simplify. My situation is:
    1. Mine and Farm the right way. Spend days and days. Get a million cubits. GET BANNED.
    2. Cheat, spend a lot less time. Get a million cubits. Still get banned.
  • b3achyb3achy Member
    edited October 2019
    'Dragon' said:

1. Mine and Farm the right way. Spend days and days. Get a million cubits. GET BANNED.

To simplify further...you get banned, not because of your actions in the game, but because you are cheating the permaban. Period. You are still cheating, and therefore have proven that you cannot be trusted.

(Frankly, I liked you as a player in the game, but you chose a track of play that had consequences and got permabanned...you continue to cheat so you can continue to play...so you continue to exhibit a behavior that can't be trusted.)
  • b3achy said:

'Dragon' said:

To simplify further...you get banned, not because of your actions in the game, but because you are cheating the permaban. Period. You are still cheating, and therefore have proven that you cannot be trusted.

(Frankly, I liked you as a player in the game, but you chose a track of play that had consequences and got permabanned...you continue to cheat so you can continue to play...so you continue to exhibit a behavior that can't be trusted.)
    I respect the opinion. I know that’s the opposite side of my argument, and I’m not going to try to argue against it. That’s why I mentioned what you quoted, I don’t want to leave information out just to help my side.
  • You're kind, but you cannot use that to unban yourself. That would be unfair, now wouldn't it?
  • You're kind, but you cannot use that to unban yourself. That would be unfair, now wouldn't it?

I’m not trying to. I’m just being honest.
  • id accept you back but....i am cat so IMA COMPLAIN :))))
  • LiberatedLiberated Member
    edited October 2019
    Really doesn't matter. There is no work around for us. We're done.
  • AshiMagariAshiMagari The internet :PMember
    I'd be alright with you guys coming back, especially since you have a history of messing around and discovering bugs (which actually helps the devs and the community out).
  • CrepusCrepus Member
    edited October 2019

I'd be alright with you guys coming back, especially since you have a history of messing around and discovering bugs (which actually helps the devs and the community out).

Agreed. I wouldn't be surprised if they were to come back as beta testers.

Overall, I think there are a lot more pros than cons with them coming back to be honest. Mostly because of them spending a lot of money into the game + them finding about potentially harmful and annoying bugs, which they can then report to the devs.
  • sorry, hope u get back on cc <333
  • b3achyb3achy Member
    edited October 2019
    LOL...clearly we are only hearing one side of the story here. You won't get perma-banned for just collecting items.

If they had been part of a red team to find bugs, sanctioned by the devs, then any hacking would have been fine. However, they broke the rules, so severely that the devs felt they needed to perma-ban them. I say again...The devs don't just willy nilly perma-ban people. It takes A LOT to get perma-banned here. Perma means permanent...not until I whine enough to get the devs to change their minds or gather enough of my friends to whine to wear down the devs to change their minds. It means you did something severe enough to get the most strict of the punishments for your actions. If their actions were truly 'not that bad' then they would have gotten a less severe punishment like a few months ban.

Since the hacking continues (work-arounds to 'continue to play'), that proves that no matter the 'nice face' they try to present to the public, they can't be trusted by the devs. If they would behave, and not hack/play for a period of time, and then approach the devs first to help, then maybe they could come back with dev approval. But they aren't doing that...they are hacking back into the game to play without permission (which I know isn't hard to do) and then are trying to leave it to a popular vote based on partial information (theirs, not the full story to include the devs input) to be approved to come back after doing activity that should be banned (side stepping their original perma-ban). This backwards process is ludicrous and immature and frankly on some level an attempt at extortion.

Also, this should be a private discussion between the perma-banned players and the devs, not something up for popular input or posting on the forums.

There are likely many other players that are hackers (takes one to know one), but they don't hack the game for their own benefit (and if they did, they should also be perma-banned). They play within the realm of the established rules. Rules are in place for a reason. They need to be enforced. Allowing any perma-banned players back would mean the rules and the devs decisions are meaningless.
  • Permaban is mostly to show players that bad behavior will not be tolerated. Nothing personal to y'all but, ya need to fall on ur sword 'for' the community. Show them that you agree with this rule in that if it is excused, it would cause chaos.
    #mytwocents
  • Is any of this really gonna change the minds of the mods/game crew though?
  • 'Dragon''Dragon' Member
    edited October 2019
    b3achy said:

LOL...clearly we are only hearing one side of the story here. You won't get perma-banned for just collecting items.

If they had been part of a red team to find bugs, sanctioned by the devs, then any hacking would have been fine. However, they broke the rules, so severely that the devs felt they needed to perma-ban them. I say again...The devs don't just willy nilly perma-ban people. It takes A LOT to get perma-banned here. Perma means permanent...not until I whine enough to get the devs to change their minds or gather enough of my friends to whine to wear down the devs to change their minds. It means you did something severe enough to get the most strict of the punishments for your actions. If their actions were truly 'not that bad' then they would have gotten a less severe punishment like a few months ban.

Since the hacking continues (work-arounds to 'continue to play'), that proves that no matter the 'nice face' they try to present to the public, they can't be trusted by the devs. If they would behave, and not hack/play for a period of time, and then approach the devs first to help, then maybe they could come back with dev approval. But they aren't doing that...they are hacking back into the game to play without permission (which I know isn't hard to do) and then are trying to leave it to a popular vote based on partial information (theirs, not the full story to include the devs input) to be approved to come back after doing activity that should be banned (side stepping their original perma-ban). This backwards process is ludicrous and immature and frankly on some level an attempt at extortion.

Also, this should be a private discussion between the perma-banned players and the devs, not something up for popular input or posting on the forums.

There are likely many other players that are hackers (takes one to know one), but they don't hack the game for their own benefit (and if they did, they should also be perma-banned). They play within the realm of the established rules. Rules are in place for a reason. They need to be enforced. Allowing any perma-banned players back would mean the rules and the devs decisions are meaningless.

Edit: Like I said, I don’t want fights here. So if you want to continue, please DM me.

I could give you the full story and show every private message to Kewberth. But then you would see how I’ve reported every single cheat I’ve created, and how I’ve offered ways to help fix them. Which would lead to people trying to recreate the cheats. I could show you how he’s tried to find a way to get us back into the game, but he can’t find a way to keep everyone happy in doing so. But you should definitely know I can’t show you much of those conversations. It would cause way more issues then there already is. This has been a private discussion between us and Kewberth for months. We have hundreds and hundreds of messages back and forth. Whether those messages are reporting cheats, or suggesting ways we could get back into the game. But it’s always the same issue, there’s no good way to keep the community happy if he unbans us.

I made this thread simply to ask how much of the community would be upset if we where unbanned. I can’t give you all the information and private conversations because It would hurt the game more then not. This isn’t a popular vote for our unban. Like I’ve said multiple times, it’s just figuring out how much of the community would be mad if we where unbanned.