Password Sentry Not Working?

SidddSiddd UKMember, Game Moderator
edited October 2019 in Bug Reports
I am trying to set up a password sentried doorway but no matter what password I set on the door, I always get the message:
'You typed in a bad password. Nice try.' I have tried the sentry on other doorways with the same response, are they just broken? Or am I missing something...

Comments

• SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer
    Just tried... having trouble too. Looking into it.
  • Not sure how to help, but i experienced issues like this cause i was too close to the door and i had caps on. I don’t know.
  • SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer
    edited October 2019
    Seems to be related to some changes from that steam beta build which are now in the live build. So much for beta testing! Working on a fix now...
    OK.. fixed it on our end. We'll submit a fix for this shortly. It is only affecting the Steam build right now since that's the only one with the new code.

Its a really strange thing but it had to do with bouncing block gravity. When you bounce on a bouncy block the password gets reset. And for various reasons the game thought there was bouncy blocks all over.
  • OK.. fixed it on our end. We'll submit a fix for this shortly. It is only affecting the Steam build right now since that's the only one with the new code.

Its a really strange thing but it had to do with bouncing block gravity. When you bounce on a bouncy block the password gets reset. And for various reasons the game thought there was bouncy blocks all over.

That makes more sense now.
  • SidddSiddd UKMember, Game Moderator

OK.. fixed it on our end. We'll submit a fix for this shortly. It is only affecting the Steam build right now since that's the only one with the new code.

That... yes I was gonna say that's exactly what I thought it was! '-'

Thanks Kew haha.
    Siddd said:

Thanks Kew haha.
    We would never have guessed that either. Odd one...
  • Siddd said:

Thanks Kew haha.
    Odds1out
  • Azsimuth said:

Siddd said:

Thanks Kew haha.
    Odds1out
    Is a good youtuber
  • GoId said:

Azsimuth said:

Siddd said:

Thanks Kew haha.
    Odds1out
    Is a good youtuber
    I saw his book in barnes & nobles
  • SidddSiddd UKMember, Game Moderator
    edited October 2019
    Not sure why you guys went way off topic! This can be closed now :)

Thanksyousss.
This discussion has been closed.