hmmm nice, but dont you need another app for that
    nah, its just a google extension
  • https://userstyles.org/styles/167715/cc-forums-dark-theme
    problem solved, I alrealdy uses forums in dark mode

hmmm nice, but dont you need another app for that
    Don't need nothing
  • MiwkyMiwky at your house stealing your Peanut butter jarMember
    edited September 2019
    You think no one thought of this before? no, they won't do it.

• edited September 2019
  • I don't believe there is a need for the forum itself to make changes to allow for a dark mode. As previously mentioned there are mobile apps and google extensions that will allow you to dark mode the forum website easily and for free. The devs have done and do so much for us all already that I feel like if there is anything we can do for ourselves then we should try.
  • B L A N K said:

I don't believe there is a need for the forum itself to make changes to allow for a dark mode. As previously mentioned there are mobile apps and google extensions that will allow you to dark mode the forum website easily and for free. The devs have done and do so much for us all already that I feel like if there is anything we can do for ourselves then we should try.

This thinking brought, brings and will bring to the same point : the forums aren't nice, either regarding the design nor by the poeple's behaviour. If they could at least make the forums better looking, thne I'm sure a few more people would be glad to join.
  • DaFrenchy said:

B L A N K said:

I don't believe there is a need for the forum itself to make changes to allow for a dark mode. As previously mentioned there are mobile apps and google extensions that will allow you to dark mode the forum website easily and for free. The devs have done and do so much for us all already that I feel like if there is anything we can do for ourselves then we should try.

This thinking brought, brings and will bring to the same point : the forums aren't nice, either regarding the design nor by the poeple's behaviour. If they could at least make the forums better looking, thne I'm sure a few more people would be glad to join.
    I'm not exactly sure what you are referring to when saying the people's behavior is not nice. I was being perfectly respectful with my opinion on the matter. The forum's are simple and in my opinion fine as is. A lot of cc players are very young and; when taking into account that there are a lot of players of different nationalities and languages, the simplicity of the forum allows for everyone to be able to find what they are looking for easily and without much hassle. While I understand that the white background can be taxing on the eyes, as I stated before, if its easier for us to just download or install a quick extension to fix a simple issue like wanting the forum to be "dark mode" then why can't we just do so ourselves rather than have the devs go through all that work. If we can do it ourselves then why is it "mean" to suggest that we do so?
  • xD Not your behavior mate, don't worry about that. We don't have to put that dark mode ourselves, it's up to the devs to make an attractive for both old and new players. Sure I agree if we really want it, there are other alternatives to this. But it's easier to enable an option than install apps to do this isn't it? And still, dark mode is prefered by a lot of players and that would bring them here more than white. And I don't see how a dark mode would be messier than the normal style.
  • DaFrenchy said:

xD Not your behavior mate, don't worry about that. We don't have to put that dark mode ourselves, it's up to the devs to make an attractive for both old and new players. Sure I agree if we really want it, there are other alternatives to this. But it's easier to enable an option than install apps to do this isn't it? And still, dark mode is prefered by a lot of players and that would bring them here more than white. And I don't see how a dark mode would be messier than the normal style.

That's what I'm saying tho, if you take into account what Horus said, having a Dark mode option put into the forum would make it run slower. You would just be trading one issue for another where as simply taking...lets be generous and say 10 minutes, to download/install and setup a dark mode app that would give you the options you want without causing the forum to suffer. I think its a better trade off than having lag on the forum and having to wait days or weeks for the Devs to figure out how to fix this new issue.
  • What horus said was 3 years ago. Since, I'm sure things have changed and it doesn't require much coding than before. The forums aren't always used and I don't see how a simple dark mode could affect its fluidity. And, I would (personally) won't take 10 min to make 1 forums apepar dark once again. ^^
  • JuIiusJuIius Member
    edited October 2019
    The old forums were dark, just throwing that out there.
    But as Horus said above, the forums won't ever have a dark mode.
  • DaFrenchy said:

And still, dark mode is prefered by a lot of players and that would bring them here more than white. And I don't see how a dark mode would be messier than the normal style.

DaFrenchy said:

If they could at least make the forums better looking, thne I'm sure a few more people would be glad to join.

So you're saying peole will join the forums because of what color it is
  • My forum already have dark mode :)
  • I'd rather get used to the white background, if I use Dark Mode then the moment I go to New Tab, my eyes would burn to the white background.
  • DaFrenchyDaFrenchy Member
    edited October 2019
    GoId said:

DaFrenchy said:

And still, dark mode is prefered by a lot of players and that would bring them here more than white. And I don't see how a dark mode would be messier than the normal style.

DaFrenchy said:

If they could at least make the forums better looking, thne I'm sure a few more people would be glad to join.

Some will, I'm pretty sure yes. It will always be a matter of taste anyways. :P
  • I'd rather get used to the white background, if I use Dark Mode then the moment I go to New Tab, my eyes would burn to the white background.

Lol so true
  • MiwkyMiwky at your house stealing your Peanut butter jarMember
    edited October 2019
    DaFrenchy said:

GoId said:

DaFrenchy said:

DaFrenchy said:

Some will, I'm pretty sure yes. It will always be a matter of taste anyways. :P
    I know Horus is not a game dev but this is not his and his forum's fault. If there were more things to talk about in this game then people will join the forum for discussion, isn't that what forums are for? The section with the most discussions in this forum is the "suggestions and comments" why? clearly people want more from this game. that's what they should focus on, keeping the game better and interesting. Have you seen Capcom's forums? it's mostly white too and if I were to choose between ours and theirs I'd pick this even though i'm a massive capcom fan. They go there not because of what it looks like but because of their games.