Back and lost

Hey! I used to play Cubic Castles months ago, back when farming was profitable (is it, still?). I grew corn and sold them for recubes (I don't remember how I spent these tho). Now that I'm back, I don't really know how to get rich again

Comments

• it’s easy:
    1. Open Cubic Castles
    2. Get a job
    3. Work hard and earn money
    4. Go back home and plant corn seeds in Cubic Castles
  • b3achyb3achy Member
    edited September 2019
    Farming and selling crops for recubes from the farmer is always good. You can also sell crops to other players for cubits (and they can then resell them for recubes or make foods with them). Be sure you always keep some of your crops to use for recubes to buy more seeds. You can also buy recube items (like the flowers and farm items) to sell for cubits too.

Selling resources (ores, berries, trunks, blocks, marble, gems, oil) is always helpful for the builders in the community. They are a very consistent revenue stream even though individually they don't sell for as much as the clothing items. But they are a good repetitive income, especially if you like to mine. But you will have to mine a lot of resources to make a good income. (I can typically bring in 500 - 1500 cubits every time I reload my empty vends that have 2-4 stacks of resources in them...how much you make depends on how often you reload the vends.)

Of course the standard buying clothes for cheap and selling for more is the typical way most players make money in the game. And some of the items can sell for quite a bit of money. But you have to know the market and price points (which vary daily) to excel in this type of money making.

And remember to always do your dailies for your 50 cubits. People overlook this option, but if you do it daily, you'd make 1500 cubits / month. Not a huge amount of cubits, but every little bit saved, helps.
  • just a note farming is a lot less profitable then before
  • VicreamVicream Member
    edited September 2019
    b3achy said:

Farming and selling crops for recubes from the farmer is always good. You can also sell crops to other players for cubits (and they can then resell them for recubes or make foods with them). Be sure you always keep some of your crops to use for recubes to buy more seeds. You can also buy recube items (like the flowers and farm items) to sell for cubits too.

Selling resources (ores, berries, trunks, blocks, marble, gems, oil) is always helpful for the builders in the community. They are a very consistent revenue stream even though individually they don't sell for as much as the clothing items. But they are a good repetitive income, especially if you like to mine. But you will have to mine a lot of resources to make a good income. (I can typically bring in 500 - 1500 cubits every time I reload my empty vends that have 2-4 stacks of resources in them...how much you make depends on how often you reload the vends.)

Of course the standard buying clothes for cheap and selling for more is the typical way most players make money in the game. And some of the items can sell for quite a bit of money. But you have to know the market and price points (which vary daily) to excel in this type of money making.

And remember to always do your dailies for your 50 cubits. People overlook this option, but if you do it daily, you'd make 1500 cubits / month. Not a huge amount of cubits, but every little bit saved, helps.

Now that's interesting! Thanks

just a note farming is a lot less profitable then before

Yeah I've figured that out, sucks
  • Can I ask...how is farming less profitable? I don't remember them nerfing anything, but maybe I just don't remember. Seems like it's always been the same to me, but I was slow to get into farming...so maybe I just missed it when it was 'uber profitable'.
  • b3achy said:

Can I ask...how is farming less profitable? I don't remember them nerfing anything, but maybe I just don't remember. Seems like it's always been the same to me, but I was slow to get into farming...so maybe I just missed it when it was 'uber profitable'.

You could sell crops for much more than you can now, I don't mean in terms of recubes, I mean in terms of cubits to other players. For example potatoes and tomatoes are worth only 1c each, when they used to be maybe 20c each. And personally I do not see any value in recubes.
  • b3achy said:

Can I ask...how is farming less profitable? I don't remember them nerfing anything, but maybe I just don't remember. Seems like it's always been the same to me, but I was slow to get into farming...so maybe I just missed it when it was 'uber profitable'.

You could sell crops for much more than you can now, I don't mean in terms of recubes, I mean in terms of cubits to other players. For example potatoes and tomatoes are worth only 1c each, when they used to be maybe 20c each. And personally I do not see any value in recubes.
    Ah, thanks! I thought you meant the recubes had been nerfed. Thanks for explaining, now I understand you meant the cubit market was worse...though I know a lot of folks that have made some good cubits from selling crops when we had the Community Shop, but I'm sure it's a lot less than initially since there are so many more farmers now.