ART QUESTION! I NEED ART ADVICE.

Okey so I'm looking for all the good artists out there to help me out with an art question!

Recently, I drew this: (YES THIS IS MINE, MY ART SIGNATURE IS MAJORITY, NOT TUMBLEWEED)
What bothers me is it's not exactly a "sharp" or "clear" image. Kind of blurry all over, if you get what I mean?

For example, here's a realistic "sharp" image without many borders, the style I want to practice: (I DID NOT DRAW THIS, CREDITS TO THE ARTIST, THEIR SIGNATURE IS AT THE BOTTOM):

If you get what I'm saying, this is a much more "sharper" image, and therefore looks much better compared to my drawing.

So what I'm confused about and asking you is: What is different between the two images that makes the second one so much sharper and better? How can I improve on this?
Hopefully you get what I'm saying. I'm looking forward to your responses! Thank you so much!

Comments

• PunpudlePunpudle Member
    edited August 2019
    I practiced that type of painting in the traditional art
    and digital art, I am not a professional artist but I think I can tell you that what makes the second drawing much more detailed, is that in the areas where the shadows are painted they do not have small blank spaces for example this part,

Even so your drawing does not look bad, in fact I like it is just that yours has a different style
    while in the second image they are only plane colors mixed together, i hope have explained the sufficiently fine

• Like Punpudle said, there are some blank spaces in your shading. You can practice by putting up your light source (up, below, etc.).
    Try to clean up the edges a lil bit. You can see some blurry edges in your drawing so try to clean em up if you want a clean drawing.
    I'm no pro when it comes to art critique so hhhh
    (Love the dragon drawing btw)