Cubic Platformer, my CC fangame (Coming soon: Realm 2!)

AzsimuthAzsimuth Member
edited April 2019 in Off-Topic

I made a Cubic Castles Fangame!

It's called Cubic Platformer

It's pretty basic, not the best, and will get improved but here is it.
https://gamejolt.com/games/CubicPlatformer/408923
PC ONLY
You need a software to unfold it!
«1

Comments

  • You should add in customizable controls or use wasd next time... I hate using the arrow keys... my left hand controls the keyboard and my right hand controls the mouse
  • someone did an oopsie

    good game otherwise \o/
  • SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer
    Someone make a youtube vid of it.. I'm curious! What was used to make this?
  • Btw Azsimuth, you should use velocity instead of the counter pattern. It''ll help make movement feel better. Also use velocity on the gravity too (you fall faster the longer you're airborne). The collision is also a bit buggy.
  • Log_er said:

    You should add in customizable controls or use wasd next time... I hate using the arrow keys... my left hand controls the keyboard and my right hand controls the mouse

    Tbh. Me too, i hate those controlls, but most games use that. Is it enough if i just make it so that both WASD, Arrow, and even a controller works?
  • Azsimuth said:

    Log_er said:

    You should add in customizable controls or use wasd next time... I hate using the arrow keys... my left hand controls the keyboard and my right hand controls the mouse

    Tbh. Me too, i hate those controlls, but most games use that. Is it enough if i just make it so that both WASD, Arrow, and even a controller works?
    I personally wouldn't add controller support. I would use wasd and the arrow keys too. Another thing you could do is make w jump. A lot of 2d platformer games allow you to use w to jump instead of space. I personally find this more comfortable as my thumb isn't always stretched across to the spacebar. This usually gives me faster keyprrssing time ever so slightly.
  • Log_er said:

    Azsimuth said:

    Log_er said:

    You should add in customizable controls or use wasd next time... I hate using the arrow keys... my left hand controls the keyboard and my right hand controls the mouse

    Tbh. Me too, i hate those controlls, but most games use that. Is it enough if i just make it so that both WASD, Arrow, and even a controller works?
    I personally wouldn't add controller support. I would use wasd and the arrow keys too. Another thing you could do is make w jump. A lot of 2d platformer games allow you to use w to jump instead of space. I personally find this more comfortable as my thumb isn't always stretched across to the spacebar. This usually gives me faster keyprrssing time ever so slightly.
    Hmmm okay. Next updtate is to come soon
  • -BUMP: New update!-
  • AzsimuthAzsimuth Member
    edited April 2019

    Someone make a youtube vid of it.. I'm curious! What was used to make this?

    Here!
    Sorry for the bad quality of the Video, the game looks nicer than that. Also i used Game maker 8.0 pro.
    @SirKewberth
  • Nice its like a Qbee Bros
  • WARNING: 2 level is slow!
    Do play it! Play it at own risk to lose ability to enjoy the game!
  • it dosent work
  • sdgamez3 said:

    it dosent work

    Play it on PC

  • It does not work on PC
    What do I need to run this game?
    Do I need unity?
    HELP MEEEE
  • AzsimuthAzsimuth Member
    edited April 2019
    sdgamez3 said:

    It does not work on PC
    What do I need to run this game?
    Do I need unity?
    HELP MEEEE

    No need for Unity , what does it say when you start the game file?

  • sdgamez3 said:

    It does not work on PC
    What do I need to run this game?
    Do I need unity?
    HELP MEEEE

    When I started the game it made me download the player to run the game.
  • AzsimuthAzsimuth Member
    edited April 2019
    Log_er said:

    sdgamez3 said:

    It does not work on PC
    What do I need to run this game?
    Do I need unity?
    HELP MEEEE

    When I started the game it made me download the player to run the game.
    You mean a software? How was it called?
    @Log_er
  • Also, coming soon:
  • I downloaded it and it said "select a player blah blah blah" the only option that showed up was vlc player
  • sdgamez3 said:

    I downloaded it and it said "select a player blah blah blah" the only option that showed up was vlc player

    The RAR file?
  • @SirKewberth Can i use the in-game music such as Qbee fields in the fangame?
  • i suggest Sir kewberth hire you to help game :b
  • Extract the rar file using winr

    i suggest Sir kewberth hire you to help game :b

    Writing code for a game like cubic castles takes a lot of skill.
  • Log_er said:

    Extract the rar file using winr

    i suggest Sir kewberth hire you to help game :b

    Writing code for a game like cubic castles takes a lot of skill.
    Plus... totally difrent game engine

  • SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer
    I don't object to you using the song so long as you agree to remove it in-case there's some problem that comes up. But I don't think there would be.
  • The Monthy Top games of mine.
  • -NEW UPDATE!-
  • What coding language did you use??
  • What coding language did you use??

    GML
Sign In or Register to comment.