Better forum search function

SidddSiddd UKMember, Game Moderator
edited March 2019 in Suggestions & Comments
Is this even a thing that is possible? Would it require Horus? Currently the forum search is, well, unusable. It currently searches for every individual word you type, so if you type "summer pack day 1" it will look for anyone who has said the word "summer" or "pack" or "day" or "1" so basically just about every topic ever pops up when you try to search. This happens very often, especially when I am trying to find info on a pack that was released a year+ ago.

Comments

• This probably would be possible if "Advanced Search" was available with options (check boxes) e.g; "Threads Only", "Category - ____", "Before/After ____", and so on. Although that might not be available with the forum host we're using (If the developers were to change, highly recommend Xenforo)
  • Yea, I have to agree that the search here is a bit annoying.
  • I think that it NEEDS to be improved. It has gotten very annoying for me as well.
  • This suggestion definitely has my support. I'm all in for an Advanced Search System.
  • This does discussion has my support, one thin i’d also like a username search system. That’d be great
  • TimbertonTimberton Member
    edited March 2019
    If t would At least search for like,a phrase maybe,the one type in,it would help..I think? Either way the search definitely needs improving so +1
  • elemental godelemental god The netherlandsMember
    yeah i agree with this, i suggested in the past also something like player search because its almost impossible if you search a certain person but that suggestion got rejected for some reason

but the search function is indeed not usable... +1