Returning Player: Wood vs New Wood?

I've not played in forever, but I was looking through my old YouTube videos when I re-discovered my lets plays and streams of the game.

I joined, and I have quite a messy inventory and everything like that. I've been trying to craft things and forgot all the recipes - but this website has a thing for that built-in so that isn't the trouble.

I'm just having issues with getting wood - I only have new wood. What's the difference, and how do I get each type?

Comments

• I've not played in forever, but I was looking through my old YouTube videos when I re-discovered my lets plays and streams of the game.

I joined, and I have quite a messy inventory and everything like that. I've been trying to craft things and forgot all the recipes - but this website has a thing for that built-in so that isn't the trouble.

I'm just having issues with getting wood - I only have new wood. What's the difference, and how do I get each type?

There's only 2 types of wood - new and old
    They are both options when crafting for either so wood trunks and saw in workbench
  • Geezer said:

I've not played in forever, but I was looking through my old YouTube videos when I re-discovered my lets plays and streams of the game.

There's only 2 types of wood - new and old
    They are both options when crafting for either so wood trunks and saw in workbench
    I know that question will have sounded stupid, but as I said, I'm a returning player pretty much remembering nothing. Thanks!
  • I am a wood expert.
  • Log_er said:

I am a wood expert.

• Log_er said:

I am a wood expert.

i am a morning trunk master ^_^
  • Guys just give him the information *sigh*
    Tacks+any tree trunk=old/new wood planks
    Old/new wood blanks+tacks= new/old wood blocks
  • Guys just give him the information *sigh*
    Tacks+any tree trunk=old/new wood planks
    Old/new wood blanks+tacks= new/old wood blocks

Planks are made as stated by Geezer - saw + trunks in a workbench = planks (option to pick old or new). You don't need tacks for planks (which are essentially half wood blocks).
  • I can understand you difficulties with the items we have in the game as some are listed in the crafting as one name but once you get in the game the item has a different name. There are several instance of this in the cubit store as well.

My last count of missing descriptions, broken things, miss labeled, and insufficient crafting updates are over 40 & I have no idea why because these get ignored when we bring it up. I guess because fixing these would take time and there is apparently no $$ in it for them to do so. But, Is there? I say there is because 40 broken things represent 40 reasons to potentially drive away a new player for too much confusion and loss. One of the biggest losses is that hollawarp is not listed in the holla sales description and so many players waste cubits till they find out the hard way what to actually say to get players to come to their shop.

Answer; There is New Wood Planks & New Wood Blocks as well as Old Wood Planks & Old Wood Blocks despite what any descriptions may say in the store or crafting page. On the crafting page the description of Old Wood Planks is missing the 'Old".

Some players might call these things petty and just nickels & dimes, but it's our nickels & dimes we lose.

#takeprideinyourwork
  • MedicationsMedications Member
    edited March 2019
    Wood = Brown
    New Wood = Light Brown

so when the quest says:
    Craft 7 wood table= 7 Old wood table
    (darkish brown)

Craft 7 new wood table= 7 new wood table
    (lightish brown)
  • New wood = new wood, is light brown
    Wood = old wood, dark brown

Only normal (old) wood planks can be used for couches/sofas.