Your opinions on raffle events [POLL]

I had an interesting chat with my friends about this, and I thought this could be a lot useful to many people.

Raffle events are events whose prizes are distributed through the form of a raffle.

The three most important questions asked here are:

1) Are raffle events fun?
Is it fun to earn a raffle ticket after you finish a race? Do you have fun embracing the fact that your chance of winning is 1/(the number of participants)?

For an easy reference, look back to most of Space_Fetus's event in 2018.

2) Are raffle events fair?
Every time people lose a raffle, some of them will think: "Why do X win while I have the same chance?". If it's true randomness (No outside manipulations), then do you think it is fair? Should that player win instead of you while you have just as much chance as they have?

3) How can we make a raffle event fair? This one is up to you. And if you say "Yes" in the 2nd question, tell me why it's fair instead, in the comments below.

Your opinions matter. Thanks for helping.

Comments

• Yes, Because people are randomly selected and not chosen by opinion.. Unless you're the kind of person who judge's people and doesn't give their prize to whom ever won well...:U
  • I say yes,to both,because raffles,can be fun,and they are in fact fair,in the sense that everyone has the same chance,and no one can do something different which grants them a higher chance of winning,so raffles,in their own way,are fair.
  • PartyParty Member
    I wouldn't say their exactly fun because I'm a competitive so I would rather race for the best time or first 10 etc. They are fair though which I do like.
  • noentnoent Member
    ragean said:

Yes, Because people are randomly selected and not chosen by opinion.. Unless you're the kind of person who judge's people and doesn't give their prize to whom ever won well...:U

They are fun sometimes, but not always... We also need skill based events
  • Did it worth using more than just 1 tokens back then?
  • They are fair enough. Anyone could win, even the people who might really struggle with the event.