Crafting Recipes Webpage [Complete Rework]

KewbinKewbin Member
edited March 2020 in Community

The crafting page went through a complete overhaul!

The reason is that the old version was loading and operating really slowly, and the core of the code did not allow me to quickly and easily update the website.

This version should change all of that! Website should now work much faster! I've also added one new feature:

- Search for recipe
- Set amount of items you want to craft
- Clicking on item within recipe will display it's own recipe

And again big THANKS to everyone for the support and positive feedback!

Comments

• SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer
    Very nice! Love it.
  • I hate taking forever to scroll up and down on the crafting recipe site for recipes, sometimes unknowingly missing the recipe I have to look for. I know the Cubic Learning Center is an option too, but I forget recipes sometimes.... But this. This is what I needed. It's so helpful.
  • Nice!
  • Very nice! Love it.

Then use it on the official webpage with Kewbins permission (and credit) offcourse

P.S . @ Kewbin very nice indeed

• Very awesome page! Thanks Kewbin! Love the search feature!
  • PartyParty Member
    Awesome love the look and especially the search bar, very handy.
  • Noice! Love the search bar feature ^^
  • Good job Kewbin ! :P
  • SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer
    Koekenbak said:

Very nice! Love it.

Then use it on the official webpage with Kewbins permission (and credit) offcourse

It's not that simple.. because the recipe webpage is created by code.. its not hand coded. It's generated based on internal files. So I can't just swap over. What I could do is add a link to kewbins page from our page if he wanted.
  • PartyParty Member

Koekenbak said:

Very nice! Love it.

It's not that simple.. because the recipe webpage is created by code.. its not hand coded. It's generated based on internal files. So I can't just swap over. What I could do is add a link to kewbins page from our page if he wanted.
    Sorry I don't know much about coding but it coded itself? So you can't just add on or delete?
  • Sir. PixelSir. Pixel EnglandMember
    Party said:

Koekenbak said:

Very nice! Love it.

Sorry I don't know much about coding but it coded itself? So you can't just add on or delete?
    He means that whenever a new recipe is added to the game there is an algorithm on the website that automatically adds the new recipe to the list, the devs don't manually add them
  • lucaaa795lucaaa795 Potatoe's worldMember

Party said:

Koekenbak said:

Very nice! Love it.

He means that whenever a new recipe is added to the game there is an algorithm on the website that automatically adds the new recipe to the list, the devs don't manually add them
    Same goes for the items, even though they have to manually pull out some that shouldnt be up for everyone to look at
  • Alv'Alv' Member
    :o nice
  • CD87CD87 Member
    edited March 2019
    Very well-organized. I love it!

Koekenbak said:

Very nice! Love it.

What I could do is add a link to kewbins page from our page if he wanted.
    Would you put the direct link on the "Recipe" button, or put the link in the page?
  • KewbinKewbin Member
    edited March 2019
    Thank you all for your amazing feedback! I'm really happy you found this site useful!

Today, I bring you
    2 NEW FEATURES!

Quantity
    This feature allows you to define amount of items you want to craft and will display appropriate number of materials needed to craft defined amount of items.

Pin
    Each recipe now has little checkbox in its corner. When checked, corresponding recipe will get pinned and won't be hidden upon filtering.

• Kewbin said:

Thank you all for your amazing feedback! I'm really happy you found this site useful!

Today, I bring you
    2 NEW FEATURES!

Quantity
    This feature allows you to define amount of items you want to craft and will display appropriate number of materials needed to craft defined amount of items.

Pin
    Each recipe now has little checkbox in its corner. When checked, corresponding recipe will get pinned and won't be hidden upon filtering.

nice!!! for anyone wondering the quantity calculator only allows for up to 9999 of the final product
  • PartyParty Member
    Kewbin this amazing I finally don't have to do the math in my head lol.
  • Kewbin said:

Today, I bring you
    2 NEW FEATURES!

Quantity

Pin

Even better now :D
    v
    Party said:

Kewbin this amazing I finally don't have to do the math in my head lol.

• Alv'Alv' Member
    Kewbin! This is amazingggg!
  • Koekenbak said:

Very nice! Love it.

Code is writing code...
    welp ai is going to take over
  • Kewbin said:

Today, I bring you
    2 NEW FEATURES!

Quantity

Pin

Thank you so much for sharing your work with us! Well done :)
  • lucaaa795lucaaa795 Potatoe's worldMember
    Good decision @SirKewberth
    I will link to it from the new webpage when that goes up as well
  • Alv'Alv' Member
    :o this is announcement now
  • edited March 2019
    Wow, this is amazing. Nice job Kewbin!
  • @Kewbin what app or anything you used to make this website?
  • @Kewbin what app or anything you used to make this website?

Sublime Text
  • scorto7scorto7 BelgiumRetired Moderator
    I used that too for my website(no that site was taken off on my request)
  • Good content
  • TyndaleTyndale Member
    edited April 2019
    @Kewbin I would like it if it broke everything down all the way. For instance, if you wanted to craft accelo rings, it would show how many of everything you need, and then you could click under or something to see how the things to make accelos are made. (e.g. how to craft Stainless Steel Plates, Magnets, Rubber Hoses, and Pipes.)

Edit: And also, why is the max 9,999? The max in-game is 20,000, so shouldn't be able to show that many?