Suggestion Regarding the Mac Version of Cubic Castles

I have been a loyal player of Cubic Castles for almost 4 years now and I have played on the Mac version of the game since I started back in 2015. For those of you who don't know - there are various versions of Cubic Castles. The game can be downloaded from the Apple Store for iOS devices (iPhones, iPads); through the Google Play Store (Android devices); through Steam (for Windows PC); and directly on the Cubic Castles website (for Mac).

I own both an iPhone and a Mac, and personally, I think that Cubic Castles doesn't offer an amazing experience through the small screen of my iPhone. For that reason, I play almost exclusively through my Mac. The problem is that Cubic Castles hasn't been supported well for Mac users over the years. I am guessing that this is because Cubic Castles is a relatively small game and Mac users probably account for a very small percentage of the total users so it is low priority.

As a loyal player and person who has spent a lot of money on this game, this bothers me. In particular, whenever there is a major update on Cubic Castles, the Mac version is the last to get updated and the method to update the Mac version of the game is unintuitive.

To update Cubic Castles on the Mac, you have to uninstall the previous version, go to the main page of the Cubic Castles website, download it, open it, and see if it's updated. If it's not updated then you repeat the process until the updated version is available on the website.

Now normally, this is just a minor inconvenience because the Mac version used to get updated a few hours after other versions got updated. But over the years, this has changed. Last year, Mac updates began to take a few days, and this most recent Valentine's Day update still isn't available for Mac users (it has been almost 2 weeks). My friends (who are also Mac users) and I find this incredibly frustrating, especially since my friends and I are often late to new packs and events.

So here's a few suggestions that I have:

1. When updates to Cubic Castles go live, please announce a date/time when the Mac Version updates will go live as well on the front page of the Cubic Castles website.

2. Remove or fix the "CUBIC CASTLES IS OUT OF DATE, Click here or visit www.cubiccastles.com to get the newest version" red banner that appears at the login screen for the Mac version. Clicking the red banner redirects users to this page on the website (https://www.cubiccastles.com/download/MAC) which has been broken for at least 3.5 years (ever since I started playing the game) and is blatantly misleading. Instead replace it with a red banner that says "Cubic Castles for Mac will be updated on xx/xx/xx" and have it redirect to the front page of Cubic Castles.

3. Don't leave us Mac players in the dark. If the Mac version update is taking longer than expected, please let us know through the in-game bulletin or the front page of the Cubic Castles website.

Thank you for reading!

Comments

• I don't own a Mac, but this would aggrivate me too. +1
  • Just use steam. The website downloads haven't been updated for a while now because there is steam, if u have a computer, u can get steam. It costs nothing to get steam, make an account, and download Cubic Castles.
  • BonariBonari Member
    edited February 2019
    well said Zandy, i'm glad you spoke up about the incredibly unfortunate situation that we both share.

Just use steam. The website downloads haven't been updated for a while now because there is steam, if u have a computer, u can get steam. It costs nothing to get steam, make an account, and download Cubic Castles.

If only it were that easy, steam Cubic Castles doesn't provide a Mac download, it's an invalid platform.

• +1. I also own a mac and i can't get online anymore due to the issues i continuously have.
  • Just use steam. The website downloads haven't been updated for a while now because there is steam, if u have a computer, u can get steam. It costs nothing to get steam, make an account, and download Cubic Castles.

As mentioned by bonari, not all games on Steam are multiplatform, and Cubic Castles on Steam is only available for Windows computers (see attached screenshots)
  • All in all CC can’t be downloaded on Mac until Cosmic Fixes something
  • perhaps we should tag a developer to catch their eye
  • So the Mac version of Cubic Castles has finally been updated! Hopefully there will be some official response to this thread though!
  • For ur more information.. i cant online using steam.. and keep taking me CC STOP RESPONDING and need wait years to fix.. When the mac avaible on website.. this never happend to me.. and yeah.. when the steam Bugged again.. i download the game on website..but now.. when i need to go online.. i need to use my laggy phone.. just to check my vends.. and cant ever play or enjoy the game for sick.

Pls Bring back the cc on website.. +1