Group/Team Building - Opinions/Suggestions?

Lucas The SpiderLucas The Spider U.K, England Member
I like to hold Events but I wanna do something which will bring people together, hopefully, make new friends, show off each others building skills and creativity.

I wanna do an event which will allow players to build which each other, with people they don't fully know and otherwise wouldn't speak to outside of this event. How would I do this? Example: I'd have 50 players signed up for an event, I'd randomly pick 10x 5-man teams and try to randomize it so you aren't with a friend. You'd all get perms to build whatever I say needs building for the event.

I have a few issues tho;

What happens when 1 of the 5, or all of the 5 want to own the realm after the event? Only 1 person could buy the realm and therefore have pure ownership.

How would I minimize the chances of someone scamming the other players, although I'd highly encourage not using expensive building blocks/decorations.

There are quite a few things which could go wrong. Any suggestions on how I could minimize things going wrong? What's your opinion on an event like this?

Comments

• This sounds very interesting!

#1 So you mean like a building event right? If so then i think you could make a museum for all of the 10 builds that way everyone can view the builds, your in control, they're not lost, and easy way to judge them.

#2 Well the only way to do this without scams is the teams be picked by the players and it would be their friends though. The only way to make it were there is no scams or it's minimal would be with rental blocks or people pick their own teams(aka picking their friends). The problem with rental blocks is only 1 person could build on those so maybe each person could build 1 section of theirs team build.

#3 The more control you have the less that could go wrong. This event sounds very fun and i would love to play whenever this is started.
  • That would be incredible! I exactly say +1

If there's any problem about this suggestion i'm sure there's a way to solve it.
  • UU Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    Make an account that everybody owns called (name) & (name) & (name) to own the realm.

Tell people if they don’t trust everybody to back out of the event.
  • I would love to see an event turned out by Lucas, I know past events you have in regards to building have turned out swell :D! I offer my time and assistance ^_^!
  • This sounds like a great idea Lucas and i would love to be involved in this.Maybe you could choose what blocks the players can use and a certain theme too. For example you can use 2k stone, 2k sand,1k water ect to build a castle lets say and the builds could be displayed in some kind of museum. You don't have to create alts to show who owns what just a simple sign will do the trick!!
  • UU Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator

This sounds like a great idea Lucas and i would love to be involved in this.Maybe you could choose what blocks the players can use and a certain theme too. For example you can use 2k stone, 2k sand,1k water ect to build a castle lets say and the builds could be displayed in some kind of museum. You don't have to create alts to show who owns what just a simple sign will do the trick!!

Me and Liberated own a collection and the realm is owned by Liberated. There is a sign two blocks in front of the door that says we both own it, and 75% of people still assume only Liberated owns it.
  • Thats very true U but there's still the fact of who will create the alt account xD. We could probably go on all day picking flaws out but the fact is this is an event specifically created to bring people together. Who cares about who owns the realm it's the memories and friendship that this could make that counts the most!!
  • Lucas The SpiderLucas The Spider U.K, England Member
    edited December 2018
    Counting the number of blocks someone used is too time-consuming. Although setting limitations would be something I'd consider.

though I love V's idea of how to name the Rooms. I personally would always do /owner to instantly, quicky and 100% know who the owner is of a build.

I may do this, although I am considering Clans, not Players. I wanna try to bring people together but I also wanna encourage Clans to be formed within CC as they're an amazing way to make friends, communicate and if you chose to, build together.

We'll see how this goes, I'd have to do it after my Christmas Exploration Event as I hate doing 2 events at once, too much work for me.
  • I would like to join this if I can ;)
    Lucas (Mr. Penguin), I remember you told me , a team 5players, but we can't team with friend :P, this is pretty good to make us met more friend

#Bad_Grammar